Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:25

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Braised Zucchini/Peanut Prawns'n'Peapods

I just had this the other night and thought I'd share. It's easy and quick to prepare, and light but very filling!

Braised Parmesan Zucchini

5 - 1/4" slices of zucchini

Lay these on a plate, spray lightly with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt, pepper, celery seed and cardamom. Flip over and do same on the reverse side. Using 2T of dry Parmesan cheese on a small plate, lightly coat each side of the slices (you'll actually only end up eating about 1 T of the Parmesan in this recipe). In a moderately hot skillet, throw 1 T of butter and let heat for a minute, then drop in the slices of prepared zucchini. A couple of minutes on each side braises these to yumminess! I try not to overcook these because I like a little bit of body rather than have them too sodden.

Prawns'n'Peapods in Peanut Sauce

For the prawns and peapods in peanut sauce, I rinse the pan then turn up the heat a notch, throw in butter then first the peapods and cook those about 2 minutes then shunt them to the side of the pan. Throw in your cooked, deveined prawns (I used about 5-6 ounces of prawns - you could use less or more depending on number of diners) and cook them, tossing gently for a minute or two.

The peanut sauce was 2T coconut oil, 2T unsweetened, natural peanut butter nuked for about 20-30 secs, then add 1 packet of Splenda - then stirred into the prawns and peapods.

Pile the mixture onto the zucchini slices and devour - finger licking good!!
Sponsored Links