Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-06, 09:00
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Welcome Bo and Kristine!!

I hope that you had a great time on your vacation, Kristine!! I bet that those vacation pounds will be gone in a couple of weeks.

I'm still a newbie to this maintaining thing( 4 months) and it feels like I'm walking in unchartered territory for me. While I still eat according to my plan, I do find myself being a bit more relaxed about my food. While I'm not losing, I'm also not gaining. So I guess that this is a good thing.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 07:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

sorry..I couldnt figure out how to cut and paste (blonde to the roots...SIGH0
Deborah 138
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 08:07
Attitude is a Choice

name.............2/20..........2/27.........3/6........3/11........3/20........3/27
Deborah.........138
Judy..............159?
Kristine...........139
Sharon...........133

LOL Deborah!! I added you in and hope that in the next few weeks, you will learn how to copy and paste the list so that you can do your own updates!! Its really very easy once you can get someone to show you how to do it.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 20:06

Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hello Everyone,
May I please join in. I am still in premaintance and I do jump on my scale on a Monday so this works for me. I would like to lose some more weight but I like my tape measure more than the scale, it's just kinder to me.
here goes.
name.............2/20..........2/27.........3/6........3/11........3/20........3/27
Deborah.........138
Joy................145
Judy..............159?
Kristine...........139
Sharon...........133

Thank you everyone for letting me in. I am looking forward to this.
Have a wonderful weekend
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 20:47
Attitude is a Choice

Welcome Joy!!

The more the better!! There is power in numbers!!

My best to you in getting rid of those pesky last pounds.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-06, 08:31
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Deborah.........138
Eno...............125
Joy................145
Judy..............159?
Kristine...........139
Sharon...........133

I've never done this..here it goes!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 02:15

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Deborah.........138
Eno...............125
Joy................145
Judy..............159?
Kristine...........139
Lori ..............133
Sharon...........133

Count me in.....I've been faithfully fluctuating between 131-135 since I entered maintenance in Oct. 2005 and feel pretty stable at this point, but I started exercising again after taking a long break, and monitoring the scale more closely to see what happens.

In addition to posting weights, I'd be interested in hearing brief updates as to how each of our LC week went...whether you tried new foods, exercised, took a break, overindulged, etc.

Last edited by MeBLady : Sun, Feb-19-06 at 02:30.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 08:07
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Lori-
I like that idea too. Anything for us to have a more active thread here and talk about some of this stuff.
I "broke" a CALP rule yesterday- had dessert without my RM and about 4 hours after dinner. Honestly- it wasn't that great and I could have done without it. Scale this am- 125. I weigh daily.
So it didn't affect me, but I will be strictly OP today.
E
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 10:07
Attitude is a Choice

Great idea Lori!!

I just wrote about this in my journal. I've been having a rough time with my food this week, not with offplan food but just genral overeating of legal stuff. I think that because I still log my food each day, that I was able to see this when I saw a 2 lb increase on the scale for 2 days in a row.

So Friday morning I took responsibility for my quantities and got back into my plan eating. I had been feeling very full all week and yet I kept over eating. I think that the blizzard was stressing me out as I was afraid of walking dogs and falling on the ice. I do tend to be a klutz on ice.

I too have gotten away from my pilates class and need to try to gte back to it. I'm going to try this week.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 10:08

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Thank you ,Judy....I will mess with the cut and paste thing at next weigh-in..I appreciate your patience.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 10:18
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
Thank you ,Judy....I will mess with the cut and paste thing at next weigh-in..I appreciate your patience.

If you can get a person there to actually show you, it'll be much easier for you to learn.

I will tell you that
1- if you know how to highlight text, I can then tell you the next step...which is to right click on the highlighted text and hit copy.
2-next step would be to bring your mouse to the place that you want to paste that text and right click a second time and this time hit paste

So...do you know how to highlight? Because if you don't, thats the part that you need to see in person as thats the part thats hard to explain for me. I'm blonde too but not from the roots!!

By the way. I had to learn this from a person online too...I had no idea how to do it either but once you know it, its very easy!!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 10:51

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
\So...do you know how to highlight? Because if you don't, thats the part that you need to see in person as thats the part thats hard to explain for me. I'm blonde too but not from the roots!!

I used to work for an online forum, explaining how to copy/paste was a very common duty of mine, LOL.

Here ya go:

1) "highlight" the text you want to copy by putting your cursor at the beginning of the text. Click your left mouse button, hold it down, and move your cursor over the text. When all of the text you want to copy is highlighted, take your finger off of the left mouse button.

2) With your cursor touching the highlighted text, click the right (not the left) button on your mouse. A menu will appear. Click "copy". (you can do this another way by clicking on the "edit" menu at the top of your screen and click on "copy")

3) Open up a new message reply window, put your cursor where you want the copied text to be. Right click, or click on the "Edit" button at the top of your screen. Click on "paste".
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 10:57
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeBLady
I used to work for an online forum, explaining how to copy/paste was a very common duty of mine, LOL.

Here ya go:

1) "highlight" the text you want to copy by putting your cursor at the beginning of the text. Click your left mouse button, hold it down, and move your cursor over the text. When all of the text you want to copy is highlighted, take your finger off of the left mouse button.

2) With your cursor touching the highlighted text, click the right (not the left) button on your mouse. A menu will appear. Click "copy". (you can do this another way by clicking on the "edit" menu at the top of your screen and click on "copy")

3) Open up a new message reply window, put your cursor where you want the copied text to be. Right click, or click on the "Edit" button at the top of your screen. Click on "paste".

Thanks Lori!!!
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 15:19

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!
Progress: 100%

Thank you Judy for this challenge. It’s just what I needed to help reach my goal. I’ve been maintaining +/- 170 lbs. for about 1 ½ years and believe me, it’s not always been easy. For your challenge, I’ve simply cut back on my portions and increased my fat a little. Seems to be working!

Why am I the only guy here???

Good luck to all.

Bo

Last edited by BoBoGuy : Sun, Feb-19-06 at 21:32.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 16:36
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBoGuy
Thank you Judy for this challenge. It’s just what I needed to help reach my goal. I’ve been maintaining =/- 170 lbs. for about 1 ½ years and believe me, it’s not always been easy. For your challenge, I’ve simply cut back on my portions and increased my fat a little. Seems to be working!

Why am I the only guy here???

Good luck to all.

Bo

Hey Bo!!

I'm glad that this has inspired you to take some action with your food plan!! As for y0u being the only guy.....I think that the ratio of men to women here on this forum is about 1 man for every 9 women so thats just about right. Mike/Dodger posted once to us here but I don't think that he'll be weighing in with us. I'm guessing that we'll get a few more men along the way. You can be our token guy for now!!
Closed Thread