Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 06:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Jaz- you made me laugh out loud this morning, calling your avatar thingie a shrimp! Too funny!
So glad that things are going well with Mr. Big. I wonder why he started out with the one position about his weight and now is saying something very different? Maybe he felt he wanted to get to know you better first before revealing more, or something? At any rate, it seems like a good thing. I am so glad you gave it another try.

Trig- on the girlie being a hobo. No princess crap for your girlie, no way!! Glad she was able to go and enjoy the festivities today.

Lori- Have a good trip! Enjoy! Is this the Charleston one? DH and I are going there in January.

•••••••••••••••••

We'll start with the good:

The boy has ALL his applications in and done and completed that were due November 1! Thank the heavens above! He has one more, but not due til January so nothing needs to be said about that for QUITE some time. Oh, the sweet relief!! And GET THIS-- the boy even said last night "Thank you for pushing me so hard to get it done." OH YES HE DID!!! I didn't expect that for at least a month!

So now we wait, and in the meantime, he is one flight down, one to go on his journey to see his GF in SC. First time flying solo and he's doing fine. He left his abx here, so I'm going to pass them off the GF's Mama, as they are driving down later today.

I am having a spectacularly hard time getting back on track after over a month of low fat, high carb eating (for people I don't know, I had some medical issues and had to do that per dr's orders.) I start out okay and then in the late afternoon go down in a burst of flames. Not at all helping that TOM is due imminently but I know that even more of it is mental. I can and will get there and I'm not panicking at all, but it is slightly frustrating!

Dh sent me such sad texts last night. C was unable to carve his pumpkin due to working on college essays, and T refused to do his without C, and so they are doing them after the weekend. Poor DH felt so abandoned. I was off with my girlfriends having a great time, so that added salt to the wound. He carved his all alone.

Today is visiting my CASA kiddo and then getting and picking up T from where he needs to be tonight. Kid has a social life to lead, after all!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 07:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco you had me laughing at 'DH sent a sad text' cause I know what ya mean.....I always feel super duper sorry for hubby any time anything goes bad for him that would make him happy. Cause honestly, I swear guys don't want that much ya know, and when they do, they miss out and they look like sad puppy dogs.
I get ya on that!

on the food------save your carbs for later in the day.

eat only protein type or very lc veggie type for morning and lunch then IF YOU GET the hankering you 'think total LC control' but allow yourself some carbs...........and remember, think of your 'great LC recipe foods' you loved and make for dinner......that way you are kinda controlled vs. that I can have this and that and a bit of whatever and next thing ya know the carbs get out of hand.

NOW IS the time for a PLAN Nicco! A plan to get you back to your old normal!

Get this---I bought the wrong hair color....I use medium golden blond but bought medium blond. see the missing 'golden'.....well my hair is definitely way darker than my usual golden color and kiddo says.....MY GOSH MOM what did you do to yourself? Ugly on you! Yea shoot me LOL

I hear ya it is extremely rare to ever get a thanks, or appreciate or I like the new you from a kid HA HA

Just goes to show we ALL go thru the family crappola don't we?
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 08:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys.

Just got it all figured out. Happy to be here w/y'all.

Back later to chat, I hope. Still feeling punk, going to hit the sofa. BTW, love the emoticon choices here.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 09:03

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue52
Hi guys.

Just got it all figured out. Happy to be here w/y'all.

Back later to chat, I hope. Still feeling punk, going to hit the sofa. BTW, love the emoticon choices here.

Hi Blue, it's time to cook Meme's chicken
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 12:21

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Hi Charms
Here is a good thread for DANDR that you might find helpful.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482

TYVM! Meme gonna go read it after I finish this thread!!!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Charms, carb creep is such a real thing and it can get us into trouble....in that if you are very carb sensitive, if you get up in those carbs it starts up cravings in your body.

Some can easily handle more carbs and do fine.

Just the key is to find your CCL (critical carb limit) for yourself personally. When you know what kind of person you are, then you can adjust yourself accordingly and do very well on a low carb plan that suits you to a T.

Rock on!!

I am working on this very thing! tyvm for the tip!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 12:29

You guys are soooooooo funny reading this thread is a blast!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 15:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Seriously a CHICKEN LEG??????? OMG that is SOOOOO hot. I need to channel my inner Marilyn

Ok-
BLUE- I must have missed in all this you were feeling punk! Sorry! But So happy you are in this place-
Hugs- and health glitter blowing your way my friend! Take tomorrow and DO NOTHING! Sometimes the universe has a way of saying take a break. Open one of your books- crawl into that hammock and REST!

Trig- Omg- I can totally relate with grabbing the wrong color and ending up too dark. Black actually- I looked like the Addams family. Had to have it stripped. Was a really bad experience. thankfully you aren't that dark. Little secret- wash your hair in DAWN soap- and condition the crap out of it after- but it WILL lift some of that color!

NIC- your Poor Poor husband- carving his pumpkin all ALONE cracked me up- they are simple creatures.
Awesome- your kid THANKED you!!!!! - You have done well! Now we keep fingers crossed.
SOOOOOO - to speak to the BIG deal here- how you convert back to LC. Do you want to? I am not being funny- but dead serious here. My fear for you is that you are THIN/ Healthy- and might try it. Just don't forget how you got that way.
But at this point you also need to totally refigure a new WOE that works for you. I would just HATE to see you back in my position. I always said I would never be fat again- EVER- I was your size- and here I am. I will let it go at that.

Lori- enjoy yourself- vacay- then get right back on plan. you too are going to need to figure this out as your entire schedule has changed.

Meme- for us/ new comers- what's your story? Oh do tell- all ears.....

Charms- how long low carbs? Any losses- where are you in WOE?

All-
record heat/ drought here day after day after day of heat and sun! I would actually love a weekend day of pouring heated storms. That screams- chili- pj's- movies.

I am full Blown- TOM again 11 days apart- so draining. I'm a body mess- up 4 pounds- and unnerved. But NEW START !

Just moving forward with what I can control. I see a doctor next month. HAPPY DANCE!

guy friend is out of town for next 2 days- and I am glad- last night was pretty deep. Not used to "up in my SPACE"....so SLOW it goes......

I got pretty serious however about needing to pick up some kind of work out- or just putting more moving into my day. Walk at lunch ect.....

Had left over hamburger soup- too tired on a Friday night to cook. Making crack slaw tomorrow. Go a comedy movie- have jammies on- R&R in tonight's future!

Jaz
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 15:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wait- BLUE are you STILL sick from last week- that just hit me- SAME thing?
maybe time for a antibiotic?
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 17:10

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Omg on the hair color! I get mine foiled, no doing it myself, but recently had the same experience. Decided to go for more contrast w/the blonde and added in a nice rich brown, and ended up darker than I've been in years. Kind of like it, kind of don't. At least my kid's not here to tell me it looks bad. Hubby doesn't notice, and doesn't care. He's a total "whatever" man that way.

Nic---Think Trig had a good idea on the carbs. Save 'em up for the end of the day. Also, maybe it would work to back into this a bit---you were off LC for a bit. Perhaps go for 50 carbs a day and work down as you acclimate again. Sometimes we forget that 50 carbs and under IS considered VLC.

Your hubby story touched me, because my hubby is also Mr. Halloween. In fact, he's out there carving pumpkins right now as I type this. Son used to do it w/him and love it, but is now all grown up and in San Fran. Wish our hubbies could have gotten together and carved away.

Jaz---Love the updates on Mr. Big. So serendipitous that you too would connect, where it goes, who knows, but I agree there's something there worth pursuing. Kind, giving and appreciative of you can make for the best mate in the world. High seas romance can be over rated. Or maybe just a good friend. Whichever, it's all good!

Also love the positive updates on the job. I feel you getting into a great place where you can really concentrate on your woe.

Charms---looking forward to getting to know you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a nice chill day. Totally ignored my to do list. Read and napped. Want this bug GONE girl. Hate feeling so low energy, not just physical for me, but mental too. Nothing looks good to me. Without my energy I get a bit blue, and not as in blue skies.

Have kept to my 6/1 plan since last Sat. "1" night. Only cheat was two small pretzel crackers at my shoot yesterday, hardly worth mentioning.

BTW, after my "1" night cheat of spaghetti, and quite a helping of it, I waited four days to weigh. I am no longer a fan of torturing myself by freaking out over expected water weight/bloat gain after a treat night. When I did weigh in, I had not gained an ounce.

This much I know is true. I'm not going to lose on this plan, but I'm not going to gain either, and that's my goal for now.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 17:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi Everyone!

Lounging at my sister's this evening and we head for VA beach in the morning. I got here around 1 this afternoon.

Glad we're all together again. Sorry this is short... Typing on my phone is tedious.

Take care and have a good weekend!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 18:00

BF:
Progress:

Lori---Know you are always so happy in your sister's company, and love imagining you two cozy together before you take off for your trip.

Jaz---Don't think I need an antibiotic, but thanks for your care. As you know, antibiotics are for bacterial infections. I think this is just a good old virus, which one just has to live thru. Haven't had one in a long while, but when I used to get them, they could hang on. And on. This thing has been going around, and have had several folks tell me it took them at least a couple of weeks to feel perky again.

HAVE had a virus generate a bacterial infection to boot, so on the look out for that, but kind of know those symptoms. Fever and aches that don't subside and often a bronchial thing that is somewhat severe. That is infection. I'm thankful I'm not experiencing that. Yet.

Just that thing where you think you've licked it, and then you put out energy you normally would, and then find yourself feeling wiped out from it.

Work has been slammin' so today was my first chance to just let it all go. No appointments, nothing that HAD to be done. And, I did nothin!" Which both felt good, and also bored me a bit. That's the way I roll.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 18:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- So sorry you are laid out so low. Resting like you did today will hopefully help along recovery, as well as resting this weekend. Yay for your 6:1 plan being a success! Do you have your "1" for this weekend planned yet or you aren't sure?

Jaz- TOM is bad enough once but twice really stinks. Totally get what you mean about not being sad that Mr Big is traveling. Whether we like someone or not, too much together time is too much! I am feeling serious people burn out today- I get it.

Lori- Glad you are with your sister! Enjoy your trip!

Hi Charms and Meme! Looking forward to getting to know you both more. Meme, are you the one from "Meme's fried chicken" that I keep hearing about?

•••••••••••••••

Man, I am just tuckered out. Peopled out, talked out, stressed out, worried out. My reserves are just plain tapped from the past month and a half. I am really going to try to take some moments to breathe this weekend and counsel myself to just breathe and let some things go. T's grades aren't where they should be for his first quarter of HS.. have DH talk to him and just breathe. Planning the XC banquet for next Friday.. delegate and breathe. Life will go on and no one has to be perfect, right?

Stayed on plan ALL DAY today. Go me!!

What's my overall plan? That I don't know yet.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 18:25

Trig--kids say the darnest lol! I have picked up the wrong haircolor before & boy it shocked me that "light" can make such a huge difference!!!

Nic--getting carbs right is not easy I am having issues with that now but using a tracker is helping & you are getting some great advice here!!!
Oh I loved the sad face from you hubby..poor guy solo pumpkin carving

Jazz--record heat...where do you live? Hamburger soup sounds great!!!
I am on the 5 day of Adkins Induction & trying to get it right lol
I cut way on bread & sweets a year ago but now I am on a Adkins for life!
I weight 164 at the Dr office last week when I took my mom in for her check up & this morning I weighed 154!

Blue--so sorry you are sick that can be brutal hopefully you will be better really soon!!!

Lori--enjoy the vaca but don't forget your diet or us!!!

Meme--yes pls give us your story (all ears)!!!

Nicco--girlfriend you need to just breath I hope you can get some well needed relaxation this weekend! (It is an art to relaxing I am told!)

I have RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy - a nerve disorder) in my left ankle & lower leg. I picked up 35ish pounds over the last few years & if I walk around too much my ankle swells up & is very painful. My Dr told me if I wanted to reduce the pain that loosing 30 pounds was what I had to do & that if I didn't loose the weight it would only get worse...Plus I just wanted to feel better & have more energy so after some research I decided that a very low carb diet was my best option.

I take care of my 89 year old mom which is rewarding & flustrating at the same time!

Last October my husband of 24 years told me he wasn't happy & moved out, we are still not legally separated or anything, & I see a lot of him. It's weird & I stay depressed about it & cry often but it is what it is so I take it one day at a time & pray a lot.

I have a dog named Zack (havernese/maltese mix) who is adorable & loves me no matter what...unless I try to take his "toy of the day" out of his mouth lol

Now you all are pretty in the know about my life! !
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 20:13

BF:
Progress:

quick last note tonight, LOL, I napped on and off all day, so now feel totally AWAKE.

Meme---You're here! I'm happy to meet up w/you again. And hey, it's always time for meme's LC fried chicken at our house. Big time fave, and owe you one for that recipe!

Great to hear from you.
Closed Thread