Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 15:36

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Cereal Killers 2: Run on Fat

Cereal Killers 2: Run on Fat turns it focus to endurance athletes who fuel with a LCHF diet. Featuring Dr Stephen Phinney, the couple who rowed to Hawaii, and other sports figures. There is a good three minute trailer for the movie and a blog with recent sports news.
http://www.runonfatmovie.com/blog Including a post about the mostly LCHF Australia Cricket team going to the World Cup...and yes, they did win!
Can buy or rent the first and second Cereal Killers movie at:
http://www.runonfatmovie.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-15, 13:16

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 316/275/196 Male 72 Inches
BF:41%
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Cereal Killers 2: Run on Fat turns it focus to endurance athletes who fuel with a LCHF diet. Featuring Dr Stephen Phinney, the couple who rowed to Hawaii, and other sports figures. There is a good three minute trailer for the movie and a blog with recent sports news.
http://www.runonfatmovie.com/blog Including a post about the mostly LCHF Australia Cricket team going to the World Cup...and yes, they did win!
Can buy or rent the first and second Cereal Killers movie at:
http://www.runonfatmovie.com

This is fantastic Janet - thanks for sharing this.. I am just getting back into running and cardio so this will aid me :-)
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-15, 12:39

The Cereal Killers 2, Run on Fat movie is now available on DietDoctor's website membership option. You can join for the first month for free, and watch this movie and others, including interviews with experts, ask the expert QA sessions, etc.

I did a little club crew rowing in college, so spent most of the movie saying "are they crazy?" 45 days rowing, equal to two marathons a day in kcal, in what is a very tiny boat for an 1800 mile row across the Pacific. Videod so as the discusiions with scientists goes on about energy levels, cramps, sports drinks, etc .... Exerpts from the on-going row commentary is inserted. Rowed 33 days before the sun came out, rough weather to start. Were able to sprint into HA for the last two days, first days they had any tail wind. Mind- boggling. Well made documentary, liked the alternating science and rowing experience.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Sep-26-15 at 13:24.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-15, 21:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Husband is on his laptop, reading the blog of Sami Inkinen, one of the athletes featured in Cereal Killers 2: Run on Fat.

Husband is a runner, skier and tennis player, and can't quite believe me when I tell him that your body can fill its glycogen stores from protein. But this guy's a triathlete, and a champion one, at that.

A bonus is that he's from Finland; Husband is half Finn. A Finnish, champion athlete whose times improved dramatically after going LCHF. What could be better?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-27-15, 05:46

Sami said he's a numbers guy and their food was weighed to the ounce, pre-packed for the entire row (no support!) film shows the macro % calculated for each. And they were in great shape still to sprint the last two days and had no fatigue. Sami talks about his running times during adaptation and after. There is a long standing podcast called Paleo Runner, he was interviewed there and many others mentioned in the film like Zack Bitter, Tim Olson, Ben Greenfield.
http://paleorunner.org
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-27-15, 05:53

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Since I am about the farthest thing from an endurance athlete I didn't think I would find this film all that interesting, but I really enjoyed it and it only furthers my commitment to lchf.

Jean
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-16-16, 13:47

Dr Mercola is offering this movie free through May 20:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...-killers-2.aspx. , a option to DietDoctor.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-16-16, 15:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

oh wow- how did i miss this one? thanks for posting it, Janet.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 06:16

The Viking Thunder Clap is on their way to the World Cup!

Iceland, whose total population is less than many football cities and much less even than the last "smallest nation" to qualify is headed to cup finals.

Quote:
(CNN)Russia brace yourself -- the "Viking thunder clap" is heading your way.

With a population of just 335,000, Iceland became the smallest country ever to qualify for the World Cup after beating Kosovo 2-0 on Monday to ensure the islanders topped European qualifying Group I.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/10/f...2018/index.html

Could it be their Diet?

Quote:
Want to lose weight, reduce your risk of diabetes and heart disease AND cut down the chances of mental illness? Well, according to Channel 4’s documentary The World’s Best Diet, you should be heading to Iceland, or at least adapting to their diet. The new show, on tonight at 9pm, reveals that the Icelandic combination of fresh fish, high quality meat and dairy products has ensured the secluded country has landed the top spot when it comes to the healthiest diet in the world – closely followed by Italy and Greece, proving that the Mediterranean way of life really is beneficial *books a beach holiday immediately*.

Will need Kris Gunnars or one of the other Nordic LCers to check into the team's diet and fitness plan, but this same small island nation only recently had a LC health conference.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/30/icela...the-uk-4781913/