Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 11:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Some people...

Hi Pattilacy-
Thank you so much for your support!! It's amazing how rude, hurtful & insensitive some people can be!
Thanks for being there for me!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 11:48

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi guys - sounds like everyone is on track. I am still on CD - finished 3 days (today is day 4) and still not back to previous VT. Just a pound off or maybe less but I would like to break into VT soon! If I stick at this weight for 3 days or more I guess I will go to CU with no net loss :-(

Alsalvato - I have been tracking in fitday and I should have lost more then I have based on a pure calorie deficit. Not sure why that is not happening. May be water - I have also suffered a little from not enough fiber - if you get my drift - and that could be the difference right there.

Meanwhile - I have a love/hate relationship with Monday weigh ins. They do help somewhat to keep me focused. On the other hand I feel they add an artificial construct to my diet decisions as I so want to record a weekly loss. Tomorrow, for instance, looks like I will be at 173 again - just like last Monday since I have been working down the CU pounds and have not yet reached VT. That will be a bummer.
  #183   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:17
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

IMPORTANT!!

fivebyfive: I need to send you a private message, but I can't because you don't have 25 posts yet. So, TODAY, get up to 25 posts so that tomorrow I can send you a pm. I have experienced help lined up for you. We WILL get your situation figured out.

Anita
  #184   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:43
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes

Ahhh! I just got back from church, had lunch, cleaned up lunch, finally heard back from my "expert" and posted the above. Now I have to go to choir practice. So, I don't have long to post, and there are SO many posts since I was last on. This is GREAT!

potomacnan: Can I punch this idiot for you? (You should see the muscles I've developed from going to Curves!! )

nepeta: Glad to hear your cold is better. Good luck on carb down this week!

pattilacy: New thread starts tomorrow. Look how long this one got in just one week! Good luck on carb down this week!

asalvato: Thanks for the upbeat post. So happy to hear that you are doing well. That's a neat idea with the spread sheet. Keep us informed of your results.

Christy: I can't explain it. But don't give the weight back! I bet that was a fun number to look at on the scale!!

jamian: You're doing great. It doesn't matter if your cycling a different way or not as often. You are welcome anytime. Please keep us informed of your progress.

me: Well, yesterday ended up being kind of cal up. The carbs were low, but the calories got up into UP territory. Weighed in the same today, 143.6, which is my lowest, so I carbed UP today (easier and nicer on Sunday's when DH is home). I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.

For now, I've got to go to choir practice. I'll check back in later...
  #185   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 14:37

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:

Good afternoon, everyone! Today was catch-up day, since I was away from home all day Saturday. And it seems that lots has been happening here, as usual!

poto, it's impossible to know what goes on in people's heads that makes them say things that are thoughtless or hurtful. The stronger we are inside ourselves, the better. You know where you're headed, and how hard you've been working to get there--and you're even enjoying the journey! So let's wish the poor schmuck well and let him go. He's probably very unhappy as it is! You, on the other hand, are beautiful, happy, and well supported by this merry band of cutthroats!

And a very merry wave and supportive hello from me to the rest of us: Nepeta (glad you're feeling better today, hon), Asalvato (interesting about the spreadsheets--excel? Can we see the protoype?), Patti (what do you plan for cal/carb stats on CD?), Nutsnseeds (keep on plugging; as long as it's inching downward on CD, you'll probably get to VT before you have to shift!), jamian (what can I say? You're the poster girl for carb cycling! , anita (you are amazing--I have a feeling there will trumpets blaring tomorrow when you get on that scale!), Nancy (those pancakes sound so incredibly decadent --but if they keep you from feeling hungry till after lunch, they are well worth it!!), and everyone else!!

See you on the new thread tomorrow, guys. I will weigh in then...but I'm not too hopeful of happy news; still, you never can tell.
  #186   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 15:08
Registered Member

Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Sona-thank you so much!!!
  #187   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 16:56

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I love spreadsheets. I started my career in accounting and then moved into computers because of the real need for people who understood both accounting and computers. So my specialty is accounting software, report writers, and spreadsheets--the stuff accountants use. At one time I knew Lotus so well that I could make it do everything it could do. At the time I spent a lot of my working life teaching people how to use computers and computer software. Now that I am retired, my skills are antiquated.

My spreadsheet is basic:

Date / Weight / Net Cal

11/08/2004 / 160.0 / 1861
11/09/2004 / 160.0 / 1420
11/10/2004 / 159.0 / 1305
11/11/2004 / 159.0 / 1603
11/12/2004 / 157.8 / 1355
11/13/2004 / 157.6 / 1731
11/14/2004 / 157.4 /

Total Pounds Lost = 2.6
Total Calories Burned = 9275
Pounds Burned = 2.65

This is for the period starting 11/8 when I went on my DOWN cycle.

Daily Net Cal = the difference between FitDay calculated calories burned and calories eaten

Total Pounds Lost = Weight on 11/8 minus Weight on 11/14

Total Calories Burned = Sum of Net Cal for 11/8 to 11/13

Total Pounds Burned = Total Calories Burned divided by 3500

Note how closely they track. I am very interested to see what happens next week.

Sorry I cannot get the data to look more like columns in a spreadsheet.

Last edited by asalvato : Sun, Nov-14-04 at 17:10.
  #188   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 18:22

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Back after carb-up weekend

Well I certainly enjoyed the carb-up this weekend...maybe a little too much. I think I overindulged the first two days, but oh well, I'm back to carb-down. Next carb-up I'm going to be a little more cautious. I didn't have a scale at my Mom's so I just weighed myself this evening. I'm at 143...yikes 5 lbs! However I always weigh in the morning and time of day does make a big dfference for me, so I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning. I did drink piles of water this weekend, so that's good, but I ate too many LC treats instead of getting my extra carbs from better sources. I'm going to carb down till I lose what I gained and a bit more- who knows how long that will take. Hope you are all doing well!
  #189   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 18:26

Plan: Carb-cycling
Stats: 175/165/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:BMI = 31%
Progress: 18%

Hi ladies!
Today was day one of a carb down. Friday and Saturday ended up being more or less a carb up even though I wanted to stay carb down. As a result, I have gained 2 lbs. as of this mornings weigh in. Ugh! But, I am thinking, I might need a longer carb down than Mon-Thurs. for me to see VT. I kept my fat up (can no longer say the "B" word) and felt very satisfied during the week. I will go for a Sun - Fri. carb down with my first CU meal on Fridy night.
I was very interested in the workout info link posted. I do see the same ladies at the gym doing these really intense workouts but never seeming to lose any weight. So this week, I am going to tone down my workouts a bit and see what happens.

Poto -I agree with Sona: He is a jerk and a man to boot (2 strikes), You, on the other hand are determined, focused, and a woman. 'nuff said!

I wish everyone a great weigh-in tomorrow!
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 21:57
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:

Well Sona. I'm not a big calorie counter. But I will make breakfast sausage in the morning. Ten I will fix a can of salmon and mix with 2 heaping tablespoons of flax meal and 1 egg. Make crouqettes and graze on them throughout the day. I will also steam some broccolli and eat it with butter. The first day of carb down I do better with a simple menu high in fat. Tends to break the hunger quicker. Whatever the calories are I won't really worry about it.
I know carb up the calories are higher because I eat more higher calorie foods.
I may have to start doing fit day to see the actual counts, but right now it is working okay not monitoring everything.
Tommorrow starts carb down. Probably for most of the week. Thinking about going back up on or around Friday.
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 21:58
Registered Member

BF:

Opps posted twice so tried to delete and it said I had to type something...
  #192   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 15:02

Stats: 204/176/140 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

I've been reading here now and at the other thread on cycling, I want to be subscribed to both of them, it doesn't look like there is any action going on lately. I've got a lot of reading to catch up with you all, but I haven't come across the big question yet? Can you eat a baked potato on a carb up day? I miss baked potato very much.

I got interested in these threads because I'm sick with a bad cold or flu and I added fruit and a couple of whole grains with increased calories to try and aid my body in recovery. I'm a slow loser on LC but I have been losing.
  #193   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 09:52
Registered Member

BF:

BS Love:
Welcome to the threads. We will start a new one today. I do enjoy a baked potato on carb up (also mashed potatos and occasionallty a french fry).
The cycling does seem to help with slow losing. I have seen a loss every week I have been doing it.
  #194   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 01:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Im interested, but where is everyone?? This last post it over 10 days old. I was gonna join,,,,,