Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:02

Plan: Low Carb 20g a day for 2 weeks
Stats: 140/133/120
BF:
Progress: 35%
Question After induction

Hi guys!

Well, here is my story. My first week on induction I lost 10 pounds. I felt like crap but that didn't matter, I was actually losing weight. At the end of that week I had a half a glass on wine. After that point I didn't lose anything the second week of induction. But I just figured since I lost so much the first week, I should expect to lose that much more. So now its been 4 weeks later and I lost only 1 more pound. I think I may have kicked my self out of Kitosis. I am off of induction and added a little more variety ot my foods. I am still eating protein but just added Strawberries. I also bought low carb bread (3-4 grams per slice) and low carb tortillas. I haven't been counting my carbs as a should but I am still consuming a small amount.

I am obviously doing somthing wrong. I know I am out of kitosis. It may sound funny but I can just tell. I haven't gained any weight back (thank goodness) but I haven't lost anything since then either.

To get to the point, I am looking for advice. What should I do? Continue eating what I am now and should I expect the weight to come off at a slower pace or should I do the induction phase for a little while?

P.S. I bought low carb chocolate. It's 2-4 gr of carbs per bar. I haven't recieved it yet but I can't wait to try it. Anyone ever heard of it? It called Rose or Rosse. Of course I won't be able to eat it on induction but can on phase 2?

Thanks for your help! I will keep checking back for a response!

Joann
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%

Joann, You only have 7lbs to goal so you have to except for it to come off slower now.If you keep at it you will get there!I write in a journal what I have ate for the day so I can be aware of the carbs I eat.Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:15

whoops sorry for posting twice lol

Last edited by SweetSheri : Thu, May-15-03 at 18:01.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:29

BF:

Thank you Sherri. You are right. I just got so used to that first week; then nothing for three weeks after that. Esecially the second week on induction.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 18:05

You will get there sometimes it takes are body awhile to lose but it is worth the wait .I just think of how long it took me to gain the weight(3yrs)so it is gonna take a little while to come off.Keep up the good work and good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 18:24

Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi Joanne! I agree that you may want to keep closer track of your carbs. Sounds like by adding the LC bread and things, it would be easy to creep up over the 20 grams. Be careful! On the other hand, give yourself some room...you've done very well so far. Are your clothes fitting any differently?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 14:51

BF:
Thumbs up

Darlene,

Yes my pants are so lose. I can't even believe I used to fill them out and them be snug on me. Now they are hanging on my behind and my thighs.

I am not complaining, I feel great. I am going on vaca next month. I was thinking on going on induction again to speed up the process but like you said I really shouldn't rush it.

Thanks for your input!