Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-23-16, 05:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/163/130 Female 5,5"
BF:
Progress:
Default At a standstill in week 2

I just started on the 12th. I lost a pound a day everyday until day 9,10, & 11 I'm now stuck at the exact same weight everyday. I have 40 pounds to lose and am following the Atkins 20 plan. I've not cheated at all, the only thing is the last couple days I haven't eaten all the snacks or veggies I was supposed to because I was busy but I honestly don't see how that would make me not lose weight. I've lost 8 pounds since starting but haven't lost anything now for 3 days
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-23-16, 06:15

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Welcome! Wow, eight pounds is amazing! Congratulations!!

It is not unusual - in fact, it's downright normal - for your body to take some time adjusting to the big loss you just had. You might even find over time that you lose scale weight for a while, then just get smaller for a while, then go back to just scale weight for a while...That's my weight loss pattern anyway. Are you measuring as well as weighing, or do you have some snug clothes you can try on periodically to see if they fit better?

Keep doing what you're doing because it is working exactly like it's supposed to do. Excellent work!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-23-16, 08:05

Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Super! EIGHT POUNDS!

If your body doesn't need to take a break, then it's unusual. Especially as you really don't have that much to lose, comparatively speaking.

One of the wonderful things about LCHF is that it spares your muscle, while burning fat. So even those 8 lbs will LOOK like more.

If you can think of this WOE as a way of life, and enjoy the weight loss AND the health and shape improvement, it will help not to be impatient.

I'm only 1.2 lbs below where I was at the end of January, but those 1.2 lbs mean the difference between pant sizes for me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-23-16, 09:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Yep, first two weeks most of us lose a nice amount and then after that, we taper off to losing a pound per week ... if we're lucky.
Keep staying on plan and tell yourself, what else am I going to do? You're eating on plan no matter what. If we make that our goal, everything else will take care of itself.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 05:51

Stats: 171/163/130 Female 5,5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Don't think it's working anymore

Well now the last 2 days my weight has crept up to where I've now gained 1 lb back. I've been SUPER strict the last 2 days following every thing on the Atkins meal plan and weighing every single thing or measuring it. I felt like I was going to pass out I had such little energy and a headache all day. I'm following their specific meal plan the whole day and instead gained a pound. I want to cry. I've gone from 170 to 160 about 4 times in the last year and keep gaining it back and I was normally 130. Stalling at 164 now is ridiculous because I've never had a problem getting to 160 or the 159, it's usually there that I start to stall because I start to cheat. I'm doing no cheating and a gaining weight. I've been 40-50 pounds overweight for 4 years now and I can't take it anymore.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 08:07

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Welcome, FruitSalad - Are you getting enough to eat in that you're eating until you're satisfied. One of the benefits of Atkins is that you don't normally have to be precise with measurements. Keep your carbs low, protein moderate, and make fat a friend. You should not be desiring food after you eat. If so, eat more of the recommended food. Make sure you're getting enough salt. Weight fluctuations are common. By the way, you're not eating food based on your name, right? Low carb veggies are fine, fruit of any kind is out. The desire to cheat will go away in a few weeks. Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 08:44
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Outside of the first week when you'll lose really fast, mostly water weight, if you're lucky you will lose 1-2 pounds a week. If not, it'll be even slower.

Looks like you need to read up on getting sodium. It should fix up the headache and listlessness. Check out "The Salt Thread" in my signature.

Weight fluctuations are normal. You're going to need some patience with your body. Your expectations are out-of-line with reality. If you don't, then you'll probably get frustrated and end up quitting. Especially being female, you'll definitely notice the weight going up and down according to hormones.

Also, at 5'5" you're not all that overweight so expect it to go slower than for someone with 100 or more pounds to lose.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 10:52

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

You already know what happens if you start cheating -- you go back to where you were, right? So don't do that.

Every one of us here has been where you are - sick with carb flu and frustrated that the SUPER HUGE losses we started with didn't continue every single day. But every one of us is telling you that this, too, shall pass. You WILL lose again if you stay the course and have patience. You've had some excellent tips on feeling better as well - add sodium, make sure you're eating enough food, etc. Keep coming here and reading threads from people who have been where you are and are succeeding. You can do this!

If it helps, know that I've been bouncing between 139 and 142 for the entire month of May. Frustrating? A little. But I'm close to my goal and I have hormonal fluctuations in there, too. I know why it's happening, so it's easier to wait it out.

You know why you aren't losing, too - your body needs to adjust to the tremendous loss you've already had. Did you really gain a pound? It could be hormones, salt, or even the way you were standing on the scale this morning. Just keep going and that pound will go, along with many more.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-27-16, 23:08

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

To tell you the truth I have been at this for 2 years and I am still losing weight. Enjoy the 8 pounds you lost, keep doing what you are doing the right way. The rest will come.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-28-16, 05:15

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

edited- whoops posted to wrong OP. sorry, it's early