Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254.4/221.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default "Our journey" frustration...

Well, today is the end of the first two weeks of induction, though both my husband and I want to stay on induction a few more weeks since we both have about 100 pounds to lose. After two weeks I've lost 7.2 punds and Matt has lost 16. I'm not so much frustrated with my loss in comparison with his, as I am with my loss in comparison to my induction loss back in 2004. That time I lost 12 pounds. According to Atkins' book, I am still at an average metabolic resistance, but barely...

I'm trying to focus on the positive. I am finally under 250, since the birth of my son! I have decided to set a mini-goal of being at 200 by the end of 2008, which is 6 months after I started.

I do feel a lot better than I did two weeks ago, with the exception of occassional sever headaches. I think that has to do with the lack of supplements we're taking currently (due to a lack of money post wedding). Matt, however, is starting a new job and I just got a promotion from temp to full time. Once I pass my test, I'll be a licensed insurance agent...BTW, this job completely fell in my lap. I called a local temp agency and six hours later had a job, which led to an even better job.

Sorry, I get sidetracked a lot...Anyway, I am a little discouraged that I didn't lose more, but we're sticking with it and I have confidence that I will meet, if not surpass, my mini-goal for this year.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 09:17

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Don't worry about the lower loss - it could be anything. It's great that you are doing this with your husband. My husband low carbs, too, although he only had about 20 pounds to lose. But it makes it much easier - even fun.

Janine
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 07:05

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I know it's not what you want to hear, but 7.2 pounds in 2 weeks is fantastic. Keep up the good work! WTG on the job too! Great news!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 07:10

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

Don't be hard on yourself. I am just finishing up my first 2 weeks and I've only lost 6 lbs. You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 08:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254.4/221.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thank you for the support. It helps me keep my chin up.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-08, 08:36
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I don't think there is *any* correlation between the loss in the two week induction period and long term success. Keep at it. Don't give up. In the long run, losing 7.2 lbs or 12 lbs in two weeks isn't nearly as important as losing that 100 lbs and keeping it off.

Don't give up!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-08, 06:12

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

GO GIRL!!