Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-10-16, 08:11

Plan: none
Stats: 198.4/198.4/175 Male 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Need help with my test reasults.

Hello guys ,

I have to trying to lose weight and as a part to understand a suitable diet for me i have undergone a few blood test ( w/o doc consultation ) .

Here are the results :

Weight : 90 kgs / 199 lbs
Height : 6 feet
Body fat : 25%-30% ( Not accurate )

Lipid profile :
Fasting blood sugar : 85 mg/dl

Cholestrol : 148 mg/dl

Triglycerides : 40 mg/dl

HDL Cholestrol : 41 mg/dl

LDL Cholestrol : 99 mg/dl

VLDL Cholestrol : 8 mg/dl

Other test ( CBP , thyroid ) have normal values.

From these tests , i have low values of cholestrol,HDL & triglycerides which came as a shock to me as i'm on the heavier side.

I found no proper info on low values of trig n cholestrol .

Please help me understand these tests and also improvements in diet for good health , normal values of lipid profile and weight loss .

Note : I dont eat curd( yougurt ) since my childhood ( intolorance ) but drink milk sometimes.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-10-16, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

The "experts" believe that lower cholesterol is better, but that may not be true. OTOH, as neither the experts nor anyone else REALLY knows what levels of total cholesterol are ideal, it's a crap shoot.

What we do know is that, when the TC of a whole lot of apparently healthy people was computed, it was ABOVE 200.

So...if you decide to use LCHF for your weight loss program, you will probably go up a bit in TC, as well as LDL, because you are emptying your fat cells, and that means more fat in the bloodstream.

May I ask how your BF % was measured, and how you know it's not accurate?

Low triglycerides is good, so don't worry about them. Your FBG is good, as well.

Overweight is not necessarily correlated with high BGs, nor with high trigs. But it frequently is. Your age and level of activity may be associated with yours being so good...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-10-16, 08:32
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I don't see anything to get fussed about in those results. Just because you're overweight doesn't mean you have high cholesterol.