Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-17, 21:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/268/190 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default It's the little things

that make it worthwhile.
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share a little success. I'm back on low carb and have lost about 12 LBS, not a lot but enough to motivate. The little thing for me is trying on clothes that did not fit anymore.

Imagine arms spread out as wide as possible and me saying, "These are all the clothes I want to wear." and then imagine me with arms about a foot apart saying: "but these are the clothes I actually wear."

Over the past two and 1/2 weeks I have seen and felt my body changing. I am able to once again get into shirts that I haven't worn in over a year.

In fact a month ago I bought a dress shirt that did not quite fit me, but I bought it and told my son that my goal was to wear it to my daughter's graduation in May. Well, this week I can already put it on and button it-it's snug, but I can tell that I am making progress.

I hope this make sense- what are your little wins and how do you celebrate them?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-17, 23:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Lovely NSV!
Mine today was putting on my fitted raincoat from 2 years ago and finding it was loose-ish in the waist! Easy to zip, fit well instead of tightly. Those little moments are so encouraging.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 04:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

HUGE CONGRATS on your progress and wonderful NSV!

I have many "little wins" but I don't really celebrate 'em.

Imma just so grateful I finally totally embraced my WOE that gives me a "normal" weight and better health.

Wishing you much success on your journey, havetodoit!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 06:29

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 236/220/185 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Mine too, was a coat thing. I have a spring jacket that could barely zip last year. I put it on, and it not only zips, but now hangs loose.

And - I'm often surprised that when I look down, i no longer see my belly protruding way out in front.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 10:20

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

And sometimes it is the big things you don't even notice, like not being hungry and not thinking of food during all of your waking hours.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 11:59

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 279.5/178/199 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 126%

Can totally relate. One of the best feelings to me is looking in my closet and KNOWING that everything hanging there fits me. I usually have that little section/collection of items that are too small, but no more. I like just being able to reach in and pull something on without having to think if it will fit or not. I am almost to the point (35lb loss) that I need to be moving some of the smaller clothes from storage in the spare bedroom into the master closet. I love that!

Keep up the good work.

Kathy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 12:58

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

I am a fan of the "reward with clothing" strategy, too. I actually lost weight so quickly that my thin clothes became my fat clothes and I never even got a chance to wear them. Which is something to celebrate. Although now I have to go through my closet and figure out which clothes that are now too big for me are worth taking in, and which I'll have to replace. But I I am smiling while I do that.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 14:05
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

It was fun to shrink into clothes that hadn't fit in a while. I can certainly identify with that. It was even more fun to shrink out of them later on. I even discovered old "new" clothes that had never fit me but now did. But that fun game got old after a while. I shrank through a lot of sizes. It was nice to finally reach the bottom. I've been wearing the same size for a year now. I noticed recently that some of my clothes are getting a little ratty and need to get tossed. I'm actually wearing them out (as opposed to stretching them out) for a change.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-17, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

The first big thing was realizing I ddn,t go threw the day thinking about food constantly. The next big thing was really looking good in a coat that was too snug a month before. The next one was going threw all my cloths and finding nothing that I couldn,t fit into.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-17, 04:21
Registered Member

Plan: my own designed
Stats: 276/267/200 Male 5.4
BF:
Progress:

Hi, That’s great I remember the feeling of being fitted again in the old clothes. Little steps towards Victory
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-17, 17:32

Plan: lo-carb, atkins
Stats: 202/195/130 Female 5ft. 1 1/2inch.
BF:
Progress: 10%

3 months ago this Monday I started back on LC after gaining back my weight plus. My victory was when DH and I visited my brother a few weeks ago, my brother wanted to go to Mickey D's and get a fudge sundae and kept trying to get me to have one too. I wasn't going to derail my woe. I had a diet Pepsi instead.....my DH said he was so proud of me. He's been so supportive.