Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 15:32

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Smile Garlic Pork Medallions

Fry pork medallions in olive oil until cooked and golden brown. Transfer to a plate. Chop up some mushrooms and fry until golden brown, then add a dollop of Boursin and swirl around the pan until melted. Pour over pork and serve!

Boursin is a french soft cream cheese with added herbs and garlic - 2g carbs per 100g.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 10:39

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/136/136 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default this is super

ran out to get pork fillet today. Ages ago tried this with chicken and misguidedly tried to keep the fat down, turned out on the dry side....but will be tremendous with pork and olive oil. I got the garlic and herb Boursin but will add crushed peppercorns.
My family always have(ssssh..) fish n'chips saturday nights and I always feel entitled to a treat meal then....thanks.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 17:53
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I made this last night! It was wonderfully yummy Even my non-LC family members loved it.

Here's how I made it:

I used boneless center cut pork chops instead of the medallions (couldn't find medallions).

Anyway, here's the rest:

Rinse each chop and pat dry with paper towels
Coat each pork chop with extra virgin olive oil
Tightly pack the pork chops into a glass baking dish
Cover baking dish with foil
Bake them at 350 F for 40 minutes

then..

Take chops out of the oven
Remove the foil
Remove any accumulated liquid in the bottom of glass baking dish
Sprinkle a wee bit of Carb Options onion soup mix on top of each chop
Broil (500 F) for 10 mins. until browned.

Meanwhile,

Sauted some sliced mushrooms in a tad of butter. I added half a pkg of Boursin pepper cream cheese. Swirled it around till melted.

Transfer pork chop to plate, top with mushroom/cheese mixture. Garnish with some freshly ground black pepper (from a pepper mill) and a wedge of campari tomato if you like.

These were a hit

The steamed asparagus I served with them were also popular.

Anyway, thanks for the great idea. I know this post is old, but wanted to resurrect it for any new "inductionees" that might be out there searching for ideas.

PS - I was making 8 pork chops, so I'd have enough to feed four, plus lots of leftovers. Just thought I'd best indicate the number of chops...

Last edited by Citruskiss : Mon, Feb-28-05 at 18:22.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/165 Female 5' 7 1/2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Yum!

MMM! I made these last night (the original recipe) for my b/f and myself and I thought they were pretty darn good and REALLY simple which I love after working all day!! Thanks this recipe is a keeper! I was also thinking might be good with cut up chicken pieces in it instead of pork and perhaps some steamed broccoli or cauli thrown in at the end. I served mine with some steamed broccoli with a little butter and lemon pepper sprinkled on it. Yum!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 10:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/165 Female 5' 7 1/2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation

Oh yeah forgot to mention I put some fresh ground black pepper on the chops and in the sauce after cheese melted...I love black pepper. If anybody comes up with a replacement for Knorr Cracked Pepper Ranch dip let me know!