Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 08:48
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%
Default Need a little help...

My teenage daughter just started somersizing . I somersized a while ago and am now on atkins...which in turn is WAY to strict for any teenager...anyroooo, although I have all three books, I don't have time to reread them. She is busy trying to get through the second book.

Can she have Grapenuts cereal?

What are other good items to have for breakfast?...she loves carbs in the morning.

Any ideas on what she could have at school for lunch. There is a cafeteria....this is our biggest problem so far.

Thanks for any tips!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:20

Plan: somersize
Stats: 160/137/125
BF:
Progress: 66%

i'm a somersizer as well and love it, i feel great, have lost 23lb since 05/28/01 - i have been on a plateau (have been cheating & not exercising as well) since september but it doesn't bother me because i intend to follow this way of eating for the rest of my life.

there are some great discussion boards that all follow similar principals and have great recipes and ideas

www.suzannesomers.com - go to community, then discussion
eatprotein.com - go to community
www.lowcarbfriends.com

yes, grapenuts are legal on this program, other ideas are shredded wheat, oatmeal, puffed wheat, oat bran - as long as there is no sugar listed in the "ingredients" - not nutritional panel
and she uses skim (non-fat) milk. i only eat a carb breakfast about once a week. other ideas are whole wheat toast (if you can find legal bread) with no-fat cream or ricotta cheese or make a rhubarb spread with sweetner (rhubarb is considered a veggie, not a fruit)

can she take outside food into the cafeteria or is that a no-no? if she has to buy something from the cafeteria her best bet would be a green salad and if she can take a container of tuna salad or chicken salad, egg salad, salmon salad to dump on top.

one of the pleasures of this program is you can eat until you are full, as long as you are combining the proper foods

i wish her good luck with this wonderful way of eating and please e-mail me if you have any questions