Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2566   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-06, 15:56

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Hi, I'm just checking in. I won't be around much until after the end of the year--Tax season coming up amongh other things. Hope everyone hangs in ther with their eating plans.
Sponsored Links
  #2567   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-06, 07:17

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 222/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:100%//33
Progress: 82%
Default Hello All

Stopping in to say hello and give best wishes to all (naughty and nice)

This time of the year is so hectic, I don't like the empahsis on the material things, I much prefer the mood of the last week in December, when Christmas is over and folks are still in a holiday mood but not in a shopping frenzy.

Well, now that I'm over fifty (53) time for my first routine colonoscopy, scheduled for today. And oh what fun the prep was -NOt! I will lose a few lbs tho, not the most pleasant way to do it.

Have a great weekend!
  #2568   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-06, 09:54

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd pop in for a moment before I head to my sewing room to make the rest of my Christmas gifts. I know, I'm sorely late to be just getting started on the gifts, but working in retail makes it hard 'cause I'm always too tired to do anything but sit when I get home from work.

The words from one of my favorite Christmas songs is my wish for everyone:

Merry Christmas to all who may dwell here
Merry Christmas to even just one
May the joy of the season surround you
Merry Christmas with Love.

Ladibug
  #2569   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-06, 20:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/180/115 Female 4FT  11 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hello everyone , Iam 51 married for 27 years with have a grown son. No grandchildren he is divorced and hates women whaaaaaaaaaaaaa Anyway , I have diabeties high blood pressure and also I have Rehumitoid Arthritis . I was on atkins before and got talked out of it by many people,including my doctor.at any rate I gained all the weight back and went into a deep depression, to be honest when I dared to look in the mirror ,I did not see the women that Iam inside who I know is hiding in the folds of heavy fat . Iam on heavy meds for all of my ailments I really want to get off the diabeties and high/bp pills. So I said that is it for me ..Iam taking back controll of my body and going atkins all the way ..its been 2 weeks and already I have lost 10 lbs !!! That its mostley water , but I feel wonderful already and Iam filled with hope & joy something I have not felt in a long time . Hubbie and I are going to Australia in may and I need to get a fair amount before may 14 so that I will not be to heavy on the long flight with heavy legs . I am 4 ft 11 inches so I look like a blimp ( but 10 is gone 75 to go !!! so happy to find this site I need you all.. I hope it does not take longer then 1 year but if that is what it takes Iam willing to go the distance and stay on atkins ...will be getting on treadmill starting 20 mins a day and maybe some little weights .... thanks for reading this ...... Anne
  #2570   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-06, 09:30

Welcome Slave. We all have find what works best for US as individuals and then support one another. Welcome aboard!
  #2571   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-06, 09:43

BF:
Default Thanks for the welcome!!!

Thanks , I am so happy to be here ..I have lost 10 pounds but have lost 50 pounds off my shoulders in stress ..seems as though now that Iam doing something about my weight, Its a real load of the body stress wise ..I look at myself and tell myself Iam melting away and under there is A nice slim body begging to get out. And the poor soul is smothered by all that fat. So I have to help her get out . And when I do ask her forgiveness for treating her that way! thanks again!
  #2572   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-06, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave2cb
Thanks , I am so happy to be here ..I have lost 10 pounds but have lost 50 pounds off my shoulders in stress ..seems as though now that Iam doing something about my weight, Its a real load of the body stress wise ..I look at myself and tell myself I am melting away and under there is A nice slim body begging to get out. And the poor soul is smothered by all that fat. So I have to help her get out . And when I do ask her forgiveness for treating her that way! thanks again!
I'm glad you're destressing--that is so hard to deal with. I had to laugh and share your comment about your slim self!

Keep up the good attitude.
  #2573   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-06, 16:36

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Anne, you and I share the EXACT same birthday!
  #2574   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-06, 17:09

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 222/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:100%//33
Progress: 82%
Default Hang tough!

Welcome, if you can make a strong resolution to lose weight at this time of the year, with so many temptations and stressors around, you will be fine.

Take time for yourself, don't beat yourself up!! Channel that self disgust into something more positive.
  #2575   ^
Old Fri, Dec-22-06, 11:15

BF:
Default Thanks all!

Hi there ..Gala.. You say we share the same birthday..Great.. now share your secrets on the that strong looking body ..wow!!!! that is hard work .. yesterday did the treadmill for 20 mins ... got off twice to get my little pomeranians on the coach so that their mommie could workout
But it was good to do it. Next week I get a exercise bike ..one that you lay back on ..as I have the R-Arthirtis bad in my feet and legs it does not put all the weight of my legs on the floor....could have had it this week ,but they ran out so needed a raincheck....what else is new !
can anyone tell me what day we weigh in? need lots of support I love this site ...I feel so blessed to have found you all.....
  #2576   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-07, 13:24

We don't really weigh in. We just talk about things that are peculiar to our age group. With that said I wonder how many members are over 50 and are not subscribed to this thread. Are there things that we can say or do that would encourage us in our WOL?

I hope everyone has set their goals for this year. I know I have.

The two biggest things I'm excited about is changing plans from Atkins to PPLP. I have a real problem of staying so low on Atkins while traveling and also my energy level gets so low I can barely get out of bed. Now I can have up to 10 carbs at a meal.

The other thing that has me excited is the information on being a "supertaster" or "undertaster". I am an "undertaster" which means I tend to overeat because I don't get the full value of flavor from my food. It is something I'm going to concentrate on and see if that will help with my weight loss.

Okay, now to the bowl games!
  #2577   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 14:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

I am over fifty, 52 to be exact, and am living proof that someone our age can work this plan with success. See my before and after photo gallery and read my success story.

I have lost 110 pounds and am maintaining.

I changed my way of eating March 2004, so I am approaching three years.

Karen
  #2578   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 18:30

BF:

Karen, I was looking at your gallery pictures the other day....you have really accomplished a lot, and look great!
  #2579   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 18:37
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hi Ladies!!

I'm kind of embarrassed for not posting here sooner. I'm 56 yrs old!! I still can't quite believe that I'm so old!! I feel like a kid. I started my weight loss journey, this time , at the age of 54.

OK, so now that I've gotten food handled and my weight to a reasonable place, I've just found a personal trainer that I like and will work out with. I've lost alot of weight but am soft...and wanna be a hard body like Galatia!!

You inspire me whenever I look at your pics!!

I'm pumping iron!!
  #2580   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 19:04

BF:

Thank-you so much Judy. I hope you'll love weight training as much as I do. It's the glue that holds me together. When I lay off training for a while, I get mean.

Quote:
I still can't quite believe that I'm so old!! I feel like a kid.
I know the feeling! I don't feel 51, but I am loving this time of life. I was just posting in another thread about being an empty nester -- I gotta say, I just knew I'd fall apart when my sweet children left home...but, you know, I didn't. This is just another chapter in life....and it's a good one too. No guilty feelings for doing all the things I wanna do when I wanna do them. I love seeing the kids and grandkids when we can....they all live out of state, except one who is in college. Anyway... I look forward to talking to you all, and getting to know you better.
Closed Thread