Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 09:31

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 180/169/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default HELP with LC meal/snack ideas during pregnancy

HI Ladies,

I have been LCing off and on for years now ...I am 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and would like this to be a low carb pregnancy but I just don't know what to eat. Most meat makes me gag these days. All I crave are plain things with little seasoning. Mac and Cheese, PB and J sandwiches, baked Potatoes with cottage cheese. Nothing is very low carb. What did you all eat? What are some LC comfort food ideas? Is this just a 1st trimester thing? (my aversion to meat and the nausea)

Also...I have been hearing stories about Moms who had LC pregnancies....and their babies sleeping through the night right from the very beginning. How true is this????

Thanks for the help

Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 11:42

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

This will continue through your pregnancy! I started to really crave pasta in the 2nd trimester and then it was chinese in the third ( but you can't eat much at this point). It would be on and off with meat. Some days I'd want a hamburger and then others the though made me sick!

I was totally addicted to PB for awhile!

You could do!

Celery and PB
Heavy Whipping cream (heard it good for the baby brain) and Strawberries
Cucumbers w/ Ranch
Cashews
Peanuts
Deviled Eggs
LC Bread w/ PB
Brocolli or Cauliflower cheese sauce or Ranch

If you are looking for something sweet you could make Crustless Cheesecake add strawberries or blue berries...make White Chocolate Mousse or Even Chocolate mousse (tastes like french silk pie filling)!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 15:00

Plan: hunter-gatherer
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 5'6"
BF:breast feeding! ;)
Progress: 0%

I second the chocolate mousse-- I have some in my fridge right now!! I used eggs, dark chocolate, coconut oil, vanilla, and a bit of honey (though you could use whatever sweetener).
but raw eggs are usually advised against during pregnancy, though I think it'd be fine to use free-range organic.
you can use avocado instead of eggs and it is really rich and delicious, and full of good for you (and little fetus fat!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 15:16

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

I just take a pint of heavy whipping cream whip till it peaks then add SF Jello Instant Pudding Mix. Whip it all together and there ya go! I like to do a bunch of different flavors! Cheesecake, White Chocolate, Banana Cream, Vanilla, and Chocolate!

This was a huge staple for me! My lil girl turned 2 months today!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 08:54

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 180/169/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thank you so much for your ideas. That really helps. I have the list printed out on my fridge. I've been trying to stay low carb but then yesterday I binged on a bag of chex mix and then felt so sick. I really think the morning sickness is linked to carbs. Weird that that is what we crave....the thing that makes us sick.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 14:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/243/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 7%

After a bit, the nausea was too much, so I just ate whatever I thought sounded good. I only ended up gaining 25 lbs during pregnancy, even with eating more carby type stuff. Have you thought about berries or something? I think I remember that the maintenance plan is what you should follow during pregnancy.