Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:22

Plan: BFL
Stats: 160/148/135
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Rice Dream Rice Milk

When I go to the health food store, the shake i always get is the Chocolate Myoplex w/ Rice Milk and one banana.

I'm trying to cut my carbs now, trying to lose a little extra weight so that I can improve me abs. I'm trying to cut them up a little more so I thought losing some more body fat might help.

With losing weight, should I use water in my protein shakes instead of Rice milk? I dont know the carb count for the rice milk, does anyone have any info on that? Also, is using regular Myoplex shakes going to slow down the weight loss process? Should I switch to a low carb shake?

I dont know much about the low carb method of weight loss...I was doing the body for life program which worked well, but didnt really have me cutting out carbs. But to lose the last bit of weight, especially my lower abs is what I'm targeting, I was told that cutting out carbs for about a month while keeping up my excercise would do the trick. But I have at least 2 protein shakes a day w/ the rice milk and I was wondering if that was hurting me?

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by NYKnixNY33 : Wed, Feb-20-02 at 11:28.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

If you're going to be doing "lowcarb", you will need to get to know some more about it. You'll need to pick a plan, read up on it (or them) and then take it from there. It will also answer your questions. There's a quick link over there on the right of your screen, "Which low-carb plan is right for me?", that should be a big help.

By the way, the carb count on ANY manufactured product, whether it's the Rice Milk or the Myoplex, should be on the Nutrition Facts label right on the package. Always look there first. Bananas and other "whole" foods, any good nutrition counter book (I recommend you go looking for a paperback by Corinne Netzer) or the online Carb Counter (see the orange Tools menu bar above) are going to be of help to you, as you learn about and take responsibility for low carbing for your own health.

I'm also moving this question ("post") to the Excercise Forums, cuz there's lots of people with the same interests there that could help you even more!

Welcome to our world!