Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 19:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool Hello and welcome from Texas

You have come to a great place for advise and great recipes. First thing be sure to read the book if you have not done it all ready. Stick to induction 100%. Try not to eat the Atkin's bars or shakes they can stall weight loss so can Aspertane.
The first few days of induction can be real hard. You will go through withdraws but that means it is working. The craving will stop in a few days.
Snacks pepperoni, summer sausage, celery and cream cheese, sugar free jello, lunch meat ( can roll cream cheese and onion or sour cream ) , pork skins, and deviled eggs is just some of the things I ate on induction.
Craving last about 15 min per hour and if you do not give in to them they will get shorter till they are gone. Take induction a half hour at a time. It will get easier.
Be sure to eat the 3 cups of veggies and be sure you are eating the correct ones.
Be sure to check out the recipe forum on here it is great. I love the choclate mousse. Yummm.
Try to start a journal on here and list what you eat every day this way if you come to a stall you can see what it is you may be eating that is causeing it and people here will give you tips.
fitday.com is a great tool for counting carbs.
Keep in touch. Glad to have you and your husband with us.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 21:52

Stats: 180/157.5/135 Female 5'6''
BF:

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum and on my first day on the atkins diet.
  #168   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 08:41

Stats: 162/151/140 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Cool Welcome from Texas

Hello arcticrose,
Glad to have you here. You have come to a great place for lots of great ideas and great recipes. The suport is wonderful as well. The first few days of Atkin's can be very hard. You will go through withdraws. They make you feel real crappy. It is a good thing that means it is working. Just stick with it and it will all go away and you will feel great. Just be sure to stick to induction 100%. We will be here for you.
Start a journal on here as soon as you can. List what you eat everyday and this way you can monitor your food intake and others can help you if you come to a stall in weight loss. Be sure to check out fitday.com also it is a great tool for counting carbs.
Be sure to follow your Atkin's book like a bible. You can do it is tuff but we can help. Be sure to check out the recipes on this site they are so wonderful.
  #169   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 09:16

Stats: 180/157.5/135 Female 5'6''
BF:
Smile Thanks strokerace!

This site does have a lot of recipes. I certainly will try some out when I get bored with what I'm eating. This is a great place to be for support. Just reading other people's posts incourages me to keep going!
  #170   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 08:43

Stats: 147/141/125 Female 62inches
BF:38%
Progress:
Cool Hi, New & soy flour reciepes

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. My husband & I have used the atkins diet. He has successfully lost 31.5 # from 39% to 32% BFI. Meanwhile my lost results have been a lil slower to respond of only 7-8lbs.
The difference appears to be the amount of walking, and I needed to go back to the induction phase after some regular ice cream*ouch*
What brought my attention to the forum, was a posting by a member regarding soy reciepes {good for the atkins and perimenopause-protien & isoflavorines diet needs]
I found a great site with some great soy reciepes [free downloadable reciepe book available from the Indiana Soy foods Board online (an agriculture state board].
I hope to hear from those who are interested in soy foods & flour recieps to try & share.
Thanks
Judy in FL
  #171   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 16:36

Stats: 190/190/165 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default need some help

i would like to know if there are any stores in Ontario....near Niagara that see low carb items...can anyone help...after i figure out how to use this forum...maybe someone can...lol..thankyou
  #172   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 17:14
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jahm, welcome! How about making a separate post here so that others can welcome you too?
Men do tend to lose a lot faster than we women. It seems the more muscle we have, the more easily we lose fat. Not fair, I know, but there you have it.

Hi Cindilee, if you go to the Canada subforum, you may find some help there. To find Canada (well, the forum ) just click on the icon at the top of the screen to go to the main page, then you just have to scroll down until you reach "Local Low Carbers and Support Groups" where you'll find the Canada subforum.
You'll find more help in navigating the forum if you go to also at the top oif the screen.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #173   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 12:33

Plan: southbeach, Carb-Addicts Diet
Stats: 198/180/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress:
Default Doing the same and need a diet buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat
I started Atkins a week ago tomorrow and I've been web surfing all over to find others doing the same - especially ones who have achieved their goals. Feeling a little guilty today. I did a taste test that I was paid for, but upon leaving, found that the little amount I tasted exceeded my carbs for the day, so I'm really looking for some motivation here!! Anyone else slip up occasionally?

Thanks!

AmyKat,
Hello! My name is Vicki and I, too, started the low-carb diet 2 months ago and have been looking for a partner/diet buddy. AK, hang in there. I'm over 40 (well, over!) and have finally learned to give myself permission to blow it once in a while....without the guilt. I keep a journal and that helps me be accountable. JUST RECENTLY, I started with the Phase I of the SouthBeach Diet inwhich you totally cut the carbs. Only eat chicken, fish, (u can have other meats, I choose not to) and extremely low carb veggies.....before that it was the regular low-carb Atkins and Carb Addicts Diet...but I was cheating way too much. With this 2 week phase on SB, I am finding I DON'T WANT TO CHEAT..my sugar craving is going away. From a chocolate freak..that's saying alot. I've lost 18# in 2 months and am on Day 6 of the 14 day SBeach phase 1 plan.
Anyway, AmyKat, just wanted to encourage you and remember to drink lots of H20. If you slip, just write it down and tell yourself it's OK and try to do better the next day. I would love to hear from you!

Last edited by vfarr : Thu, Sep-04-03 at 12:36.
  #174   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 11:37

Plan: Aitkens
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:47%/47%/15%
Progress:
Smile

Hi,

I started by Way of Life on September 3, 2003 and am nervous and overwhelmed with all the information I am reading. But I know it is for the best. My Dr. said that I have to do this or I will become diabetic in 5 years (which I will not let happen). I am a carbo-holic (that I knew) and hypoglycemic. I exercise almost every day for an hour, would eat next to nothing, eat low fat, etc....and not lose weight or get my blood sugars down. My doctor tried the Aitkens program this past summer to lose 5 stubborn pounds and she is a convert. My problem is wrapping my brain around everything I was taught growing up in the last 30 years (I am 39) is that Low Fat, low protein and lots of veggies is the way to go. Well, I am living proof that program doesnt work. I have wasted money on weight watchers, diet centre's, supplements, just about everything. But, I am going to succeed in this because of 3 things. a) my will to live and not be diabetic; b) my children and husband and c) my husband is a body builder and is very knowledgeable about eating properly. With all this, how can I fail.
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 12:14

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 250/225/165 Female 57
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default I Am New Too

I Started Atkins On Sept. 3rd.. Just Looking For Support And Recipes.. I Know That With My Hubby We Can Do This Together But I Need Help To Keep Him Happy And On This Diet. He Gets Bored And Wants Sweets Lots.. We Already Had A Fight About Him Looking For Something Sweet To Eat Last Night. So I Made Jello But Was Not Ready In Time Last Night But I Hope That He Will Be Ok Tonight,,
  #176   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 14:32

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 268/253/170 Female 65"
BF:
Progress:
Smile new....again

Well, this is my second try at this way of eating. I did Atkins about 3 years ago for a year and lost 25#. Then life got in the way and I left it behind to go travelling around the country as a travelling nurse living with my husband and 3 animals in a 5th wheel travel trailer. Now we are back home and I started Atkins again On June 1, 2003. I have lost 15# and feel better. It is now getting very difficult to not fall into the "I am so busy I need fast food" trap. I find that I am having an earsier time due to Russell Stover and the low carb candy they are putting out, but I do wonder how I can ever overcome the urge to resort to "easy" when I am so tired. So far my cheats have been very minor...and I do need to start a journal. Any other suggestions.? I will start surfing the site and am sure I will find many helpful hints... something like this was a lot of help last time. I appreciate your being here.
Thanks,
Diane
  #177   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 12:35

Stats: 140/131/110 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile 1 week in...

...and new to this forum! Hello all..my name's Michele, I'm 35 and live in the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina with my wonderful husband and 12 year old son.

I'm loving Atkins so far and feel like this will be the "good diet."
  #178   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 06:43
Registered Member

Stats: 285/270/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by Loquita : Wed, Sep-10-03 at 06:44.
  #179   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 12:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158.5/154/128 Female 54
BF:39
Progress: 15%

Hi, I have been Lc for 2 days. Does it get any easier? I am doing the South Beach Diet.
  #180   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 19:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 250/225/165 Female 57
BF:
Progress: 29%

i have been on this diet for a week and have not lost a pound. but i did put on 2 pounds i am on atkins