Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-09-17, 07:15
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Train to work with Eric Westman, MD of Duke University

Admins: Please move this to the appropriate place if I've posted it incorrectly.
Thank you.

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
REGISTERED NURSES & PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS

Do you, or someone you know, want to join a medical team that’s changing the world and saving lives? Then you’ll want to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join the nation’s most distinguished low-carb medical team:

HEALcare® IS HIRING
We are now offering a rewarding low-carb career path for healthcare professionals in Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina and Florida meeting these requirements:

Registered Nurses and Physician Assistants with work experience in primary care, family medicine, internal medicine or related medical specialties
Personal experience with a low-carb lifestyle

Qualifying candidates will be trained by and work alongside low-carb luminaries Eric Westman, MD of Duke University and Jacqueline Eberstein, RN, former head nurse at the Atkins Clinic. Starting positions are part-time with the opportunity to quickly become full-time.

To learn more about this exciting career path, visit HEALcare online or call me at 310-807-5786.

Wishing you good health and happiness,
Richard Koffler
Director of Operations
HEALcare
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-09-17, 08:17

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

They also need to train Registered Dietitians and Nutritionists to stop spouting the eat-more-carbs failed "nutrition" dogma.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-09-17, 08:39
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

This seems to say "Personal experience with a low-carb lifestyle" and Westman is about that. Or?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-09-17, 09:28

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hmmm. I wonder where in Florida? Interesting to keep an eye on.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-10-17, 03:59

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
This seems to say "Personal experience with a low-carb lifestyle" and Westman is about that. Or?
I read that as any experienced or newly minted RD/PA who does not personally ascribe to the benefits of a low carb lifestyle need not apply.

The goal is to open "HEALCare clinics within a clinic". Each state has different laws regulating how RDs/PAs can work with doctors and their fees still be covered by health insurance. And the insurance plans vary greatly as well.
Now that MD practices are consolidating, in NC, an RD can work as an employee and spend one day at say each of their five locations giving nutrition/weight loss advice. That is reimbursable subject to usual rules. Medicare you must be over 30 BMI, the number of weeks is limited, etc.
An RD working in her own office/home, or on contract at say the Y gym, will not be reimbursed by insurance, even if it is for example, a post cancer treatment nutrition plan.