Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Yet another success story...

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Keep going

What a powerful story, freydis...thank you so much for sharing it with this group.

As you know, I was also at rock bottom and scared that I was at the point of no return when I began LCing 13 months ago. Within 2 months I was off all meds and I've never felt better than I do now.

Let's hope that many forum members and lurkers will read your story and be inspired by it!

Donald
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:36

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 285/227/170 Female 5'6"
BF:

Freydis, I take heart, literally, from your story.

I'm a four-year survivor of two m.i.'s. The first one went diagnosed ... the m.d. told me my chest pressure and difficulty breathing were because I was fat. (I'd give my left LEG to be at that weight again!) I KNEW differently, but hey, I didn't argue. I WAS heavy and was ashamed. The second m.i., six months later, was a real BIG deal. =D

Afterward, determining to eat a "good" diet, my weight literally ballooned, as I stopped eating bad meat, and turned to pasta, rice and potatoes to extend my life. Such good intentions SO nearly finished me altogether.

Now I'm two weeks into Adkins, feel like a million bucks in new bills, and take great hope from your story. Everything you wrote just rings so true to me. I'm just ... so glad I stopped in here today!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:37

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 285/227/170 Female 5'6"
BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Netters

I'm a four-year survivor of two m.i.'s. The first one went diagnosed ...

Yeeeeeeah. Make that undiagnosed, and the whole story will make more sense. =D

Mental note to self: Proofread.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/164/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

#5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 22:06

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Wow

I sort of knew all this stuff from your journal..but seen in one post this way..
Its the MOST powerful story around.
THESE are the changes that we need to make sure folks hear!
Good going!
Nedra
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 07:50

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

freydis your story is a true success. Im so glad you shared it with us. Sometimes you forget that its not just about reaching goal and looking good. its more about feeling good and healthy and having back all those little things we take for granted. Lets face it without your health being thin and pretty is not that important. Health is everything. Ask any elderly person out there and they will tell you the same thing. Im glad your on the road and isnt wonderful to be able to run again.
Laurie
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 19:26
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow, *great* post, Freydis. Thanks for sharing. It really amazes me how many people try LCing as an absolute last resort, and then show a complete 180 in their health. The only thing I find more amazing than that turnaround in health is the fact that the medical community still (for the most part) ignores it.

>>"And, my doctor who was against Atkins in March of last year is now on the program, too, and has lost over 30 lbs. How's that for a testimonial?"

#8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

My daughter is in a Saturday morning children's bowling league. That is where I met the friend who gave me Atkins. She and I sit together and chat about the Atkins way of life every time we meet. One of her best friends began Atkins at the beginning of January, another friend's parents are considering it, and another couple whose child bowls after our league has recently begun - mostly due to this one woman's efforts.

The man from this other couple has had THREE heart surgeries and is diabetic, so our mutual friend had me talk to him and his wife about the changes that occurred in my life after Atkins. They are having a rough time getting through Induction, but seem to think they'll be fine following this way of life. (Yay!) Since I'm the only one who seems to like the Internet, I've been sharing all the information I've learned here, giving them recipes and samples of foods made at home, and telling them where to find things like flaxseed meal and DaVinci syrups.

Aside from the fact that we may end up with the healthiest batch of bowling parents in Missouri, my friend and I feel like we're helping to save lives. She (and Atkins) saved mine. I feel like I need to pass that on. This site is my greatest resource for doing so and that is a success story, too. Thanks, everybody!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 12:53

Plan: Lchf
Stats: 340/246/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thank you for sharing your story~
Most people are concerned with the weight issue and when the scales don't move we forget about all the other amazing health benefits this wol has for us.
Thanks for the reminder and for putting the weight issue into perspective......our lives really are a much bigger picture than just what the scale says~