Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-17, 17:03

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanx for your feedback, bkloots and madeyna. I'm finding, this time around, the weight is harder to come off. It seems like I can just look at food and gain weight.....lol. I'm guessing it's because I'm older now and I have gone through menopause since the last time. Either way, I'm happy with the results I'm seeing so far and I'm eating a whole lot healthier so that's a win-win. For now, as long as I continue to see results, I plan on keeping my carbs between 30 - 60g (net) per day. At this point, my belly feels satisfied and I don't feel deprived. I'm sure, at some point, I will need to do some tweaking but for now I'm just going to take one day at a time....... .
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 05:27

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
I'm guessing it's because I'm older now and I have gone through menopause since the last time. Either way, I'm happy with the results I'm seeing so far and I'm eating a whole lot healthier so that's a win-win.
This is the whole story right here. At this time of your life, healthy eating and being happy with it is the key. Your body will come to balance at a weight that won't be as low as you'd like, but you will live comfortably there.

Best wishes.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 11:38

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Madeyna, How did you structure your IMF? Were you doing 24 hour fasts? How much per week? I'm kind of at a point where you were, and I've done a few 24 hour fasts in addition to always having about a 16 hour fast every day between dinner and the next day's meal. But I'm more or less at my final 10 pounds and things have suddenly gotten slow, no matter what I do.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 16:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 265/246/185 Male 71 inhes
BF:
Progress: 24%

I've done low-carb before and had good results. I started with one of the older Atkin's plans but have dabbled in South Beach and Paleo as well. I was off low carb (way off) for a while and gained back some weight. Well I'm back and doing a hybrid approach but still staying under the 20g carbs/day for the time being. My major focus is to get away from sugar and to restrict starches. Grains are out completely for now and starchy vegetables (beans, peas, legumes, sweet potatoes and beets) are limited to small portions once or twice a week. I'm eating lots of lean meats, non-starchy veggies, good oils and smaller amounts of dairy. I'm not eating nuts or berries at this point but plan to start adding them in after a couple of weeks. I do calorie count and shoot for between 1,750 and 2,000 per day (I'm 5'11" and 250#, moderately active). When I was previously on an Atkins/South Beach hybrid plan, I was still losing weight slowly on a maintenance plan of 2,250 kCal and 30-40g carb per day. I was about 220# and significantly more active at the time.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 19:44

BF:

My main focus is to stay away from all the "white" stuff although, I do allow myself a slice of 647 bread sometimes in the morning for breakfast. It is 6g net carbs per slice but I make, what I call, a Bird in the Nest, where I basically take the center of the bread out and crack an egg in there and fry it. That probably brings the net carb count to somewhere around 4g instead of 6g. It doesn't seem to be hindering my weight loss and it satisfies me so for now, I plan on keeping it in there. Although, I always liked sweets (chocolate, in particular), potatoes and bread have always also been my downfall. I can make a pot of sauce and just stand there and dip a 1/2 loaf of Italian bread with butter in there instead of eating the pasta..........lol. Of course, I would also eat the pasta which is why I'm here trying to lose the weight and bad eating habits again. I'm taking it one day at a time until the time comes when I may need to "tweak" it. I've actually been eating closer to 40g of carbs lately, as compared to, closer to 60g when I first started again last month so I am going downwards. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll be able to keep them at 20g per day but I'm not holding myself to that........lol.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I did a 6 week challenge for the last part of my diet. I gave myself a month of tanning to keep myself focused and motivated on changes going on in my body. I hadn,t tanned in many many years and found it relaxing as well as very motivating. I am in my fiftys so was finding loose skin depressing and tanning it made it look better. Nothing wrong with a little vanity to push you past that last hurdle weight wise. By that time I was so tired of dieting that I needed something that was not only motivating but was a instant feel good. Anyway I did a 6 week challenge for the last bit and blew off 13 pounds. I full fasted Mondays then kept it below 1000 cals and lc and imf 20, 4 the other days of the week. I
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 11:51
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptrcmcc6
My main focus is to stay away from all the "white" stuff although, I do allow myself a slice of 647 bread sometimes in the morning for breakfast. It is 6g net carbs per slice but I make, what I call, a Bird in the Nest, where I basically take the center of the bread out and crack an egg in there and fry it. That probably brings the net carb count to somewhere around 4g instead of 6g. It doesn't seem to be hindering my weight loss and it satisfies me so for now, I plan on keeping it in there. Although, I always liked sweets (chocolate, in particular), potatoes and bread have always also been my downfall. I can make a pot of sauce and just stand there and dip a 1/2 loaf of Italian bread with butter in there instead of eating the pasta..........lol. Of course, I would also eat the pasta which is why I'm here trying to lose the weight and bad eating habits again. I'm taking it one day at a time until the time comes when I may need to "tweak" it. I've actually been eating closer to 40g of carbs lately, as compared to, closer to 60g when I first started again last month so I am going downwards. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll be able to keep them at 20g per day but I'm not holding myself to that........lol.

Hi-
I agree that you need to find a plan that you can stick with over the long term. If there's something I've learned over the years here is that this has to be a way of life, not a short term fix. I follow a plan called CALP: Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program. It's 3 meals/day (and snacks if you need them) with NO forbidden foods. Two meals a day are no carb (no carb counting- just eat protein and green veggies) and one meal a day is a balanced meal of a salad then 1/3 protein,1/3 veggie and 1/3 carb. The balance is by portion size, not calories or carb counts. The book (and the other Heller books) are old, so of course I've modified my plan to incorporate newer data. Like I eat only full fat dairy and good quality oils, as well as grass fed beef and wild caught fish. I find that I can easily stay ON PLAN, even eating out at a restaurant. My carb can be anything- bread, sweets, wine, fruit, pasta, rice, grains, potatoes. But it's balanced with the protein and veggies and salad too. There is an area on this site for this plan- come over if you're interested.
E
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 14:12

BF:

Thanx for that info, Eno........I will definitely check that out.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 15:45

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

I will tell you first hand you will not believe what your body can do. I started on this VLC path a while back in 2015, I went from 269 down to 203 at my lowes. I did not touch grain, sugar or flour. It was just high fat low carb. It can work and it did. After my dad past away late last year I started eating junk again. But I remember him saying a few weeks before he past that he did not want me to end up like him and take cae of myself.

Now I am back on the LCHF beat for good. I have also added in 16/8 fasting, and I feel great, sleep better and I am not dieing of hunger. I am going to do 16/8 for the rest of this week, and then move to 18/6 for 2 weeks and see how that goes. Make sure you get in a good amount of fat for the first meal. My first meal consist of 6-7 strips of thick cut Wright Applewood smoked bacon and 2 med boiled eggs. That is 644 cals on my phone. It actually keeps me full and I don't want to eat hours later but I want to keep my cals up.

I also eat a 2/3 a cup of mini oyster crackers, and that works for me. So far I have lost 2.2lbs in a week. I think once I fast more and stay the course I can really do well.

Just take your time and find what works for you since our bodies are all different. thanks
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 16:36

BF:

Thanx, Nrracing...... . I've done this before (started in 2005, I believe) and lost close to 50 lbs. so I'm pretty confident it will work again. It's just taking a little longer now because I'm older...... :/. I've been tracking my foods in My Fitness Pal. I like that app because just about everything I plug into it is already listed. I played with MYPLAN on here but it seems like too much work because I usually have to plug in all the nutrition panels for what I eat. I haven't tried fasting (other than sleeping at night) but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Like the ol' saying goes, "slow and steady wins the race"......lol.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-17, 16:34

Plan: 50gr and below
Stats: 278/266/199 Female 5ft2inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Not sure what Plan I follow LOL

Hi I'm new here. My name is Emily. I'm 40 and need to low this weight =)

Here is what I follow (maybe it is a plan someone knows LOL)

Theses numbers are for NO more than each month.

Carbs= 50grams
Protein=150grams
Fats=60-80grams
Calories=1600-1800grams

I have tried a lot of stuff thru the years but this came for a good friend who was over 400 pounds and now he is 205 I believe. He has done so well and he explained it where it wasn't so overwhelming to me and I think that's why I'm sticking with it. I missed the bread big time. I don't miss the sugar. I am not big on sugar.

I just joined the gym also so looking forward to getting exercise in also.