Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 16:16
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 186/177/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default seasoning on meat and egg fast?

are they reccommended or no? what exactly is the harm in adding seasoning, i thought they contributed little to no carbs to the food?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 17:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecbee
are they reccommended or no? what exactly is the harm in adding seasoning, i thought they contributed little to no carbs to the food?

As I have told others, the so called "meat and egg fast" is not a published plan, it is merely a made up "fast" created by a member of another board. So essentially that means you can do whatever you wish on it.

Personally, I'd follow the good advice given by LisaN in the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum. Lots of ways given to help break a stall there.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-06-06, 08:59

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am eating M&E, but it's not a fast for me, it is just the way I eat. Basicly, induction without veggies. I have been doing this for almost 3 months and I feel great. I eat pretty much the same meats that I always did, always with some kind of seasonings or LC type sauce.
I have been losing about 1 pound every two or three days, with a few exceptions if I eat the wrong thing (wrong like SF chocolate!) Also, I just had a small stall for 11 days, even though I have been eating fine. I think my body needed some adjustment time.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 00:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/200/175 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:who/gives/a crap
Progress: 49%

The few times I have done this fast I still used seasonings and butter to cook meats in. I also used LC sauces like LC ketchup and bernaise sauce. I usually lost 4lbs in 3 days. But I also didn't do the eggs just meat.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-16-06, 00:06

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I use all sorts of seasonings, it makes things interesting *not that meat and eggs are boring.* I stay away from anything with salt in it though, I use a substitute. It helps with water retention which throws off the scale if you use one *and makes you feel bloated and crappy*

So yeah, use all sorts of them, hot sauce is awesome if you get one with no added salt, sugar or anything like that. Fresh are good as well as dried. Hasn't bothered me.