Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%
Default OMG, OMG...its noticeable!

I just had to share this!!!! A girl who works next door that I haven't bumped into in a while asked me how things were going and all of a sudden she stops and says "have you lost weight?" You know...in that puzzled tone...lol. I said yeah...almost 22 lbs. worth and she said well it is really, really noticeable and that I look great! Then of course we had a big long discussion on how I was losing the weight

Oh man...this is so kewl! My boss noticed the other day as well, but he knew I was doing Atkins because we had talked about his Slimfast shake v. my Atkins shake, etc...and also about what had happened to Dr. A. Soooo...this is the very first person to notice who did not know I was doing Atkins or even dieting

I have to say, as many of you have already found out...it sure is a wonderful feeling!!!!

Laura
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:12

Stats: 145/128.5/125
BF:
Progress: 83%

YAY! That is awesome! Having people notice your success always feels great! Keep it up!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Yippee!!! When people notice (and they don't know you've been LCing), it's great. For me, no one has noticed and it's been nine months. But then again, I'm still wearing the clothes, albeit baggy, I wore pre-LCing. Good for you!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:38

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

It's so wonderful when we get outside recognition of our sucess & progress! I'm so happy you've gotten a taste of it. Know you'll be getting more & more as time goes on- in the form of compliments, smaller clothes, feeling better, & so much more. Congrats & thanks for sharing your joy with others.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:35
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Congratulations Whyspers. Thanks for sharing & motivating.

Peace
red
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 13:14
Registered Member

Stats: 311/291/160
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking Wonderful

I am so happy for you....WAY TO GO!!!! There nothing more exciting when you are trying so hard....

Keep up the good work!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 13:18

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good for you! That is so great and is something I am REALLY looking forward to. I have so much to lose that I will have to lose a good bit before anyone notices, but the thought, and experiences like yours, are certainly motivational!

I'm very happy for you and look forward very much to making a similar post myself!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:47

Stats: 161/146/135
BF:00/35%/24%
Progress: 58%
Post Congrats

It is so wonderful when someone outside of your immediate circle notices your weight loss. Thanks for sharing

Have a great LC day
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 17:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins? Protien Power?
Stats: 220/193/150 Female 5'6"
BF:Unknown
Progress: 39%

Congradulation and keep going! You are doing great so far and should be very pleased. Now go try on all those skinny pants and pose in front of the mirror.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 20:47

Stats: 168/154/135
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi whyspers! Just wanted to say that I am so happy for you. What a motivator, huh? Keep up the great work!

Also, I was looking thru my Atkins book tonight and I came across the carb ladder you were talking about. I think I was reading it wrong. I thought you were supposed to add 5 grams a week of any of those things. But, I guess you are really supposed to add foods from only one group a week. I don't know if I can do that I need some variety. I'll see how it goes the way I am doing it. I only added a few things last week and I am still keeping it around 25 grams a day. If I slow down too much I will have to take a step back and adjust things.

Keep smilin'
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 06:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Glycemic Load
Stats: 232.8/227.6/145 Female 5'5"
BF:49%
Progress: 6%

Ah, it's those little victories along the way that help to keep us motivated. Congratulations! You're doing great.

♥ Mary
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 06:13

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Thanks so much for sharing in my excitement. It really means a lot to me.

Chocy...I read that section again yesterday myself, and noticed that he said most people do better by using that ladder. I also noticed he kinda left it open in that it wasn't really mandatory, but adding carbs like that really would help you not go overboard, or start gaining and that sort of thing. I did not take it the same way as I took the necessity of going through premaintenance and maintenance....as a MUST. I dunno though...like I said earlier...I'm trying to stay with induction for a while. I have so much more to lose.

L