Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 20:36

Plan: none yet
Stats: 194/194/150 Female 5'
BF:194.5/194.5/150
Progress: 0%
Default bad, bad, bad

since i have started back i haven't had any sweets, well, today and tonight i have made up for it,(bad, bad granny)i got the ice cream, and i have eaten every one of them!!!!!!%$#~*()! they are 2 carbs a bar, and ssoooooooo good. you know the kind, sin full and guilty. now here is my question,
has any one here done the same thing, and got back on track and did it throw the weight loss out the window? well i'm going to start back in am, wish me a good week-end, and no more sinfull cheating.
have a good and safe week-end,
b j
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 21:01
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I haven't done that exact thing, because I refuse to even put that LC ice cream and those LC candy bars in my hand, much less my mouth. If I took one bite, that would be all she wrote!

Forgive yourself, wake up fresh in the morning and start back. It's ok to stumble, just pick yourself up before you completely fall!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 21:03

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well I bought the container of ice cream, had like 2-3 tbsp every night. Finally had a whole bowl full and didn't notice any change in my weight. Perhaps eating them all was alittle over the top, but I wouldn't fret too much.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 21:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/217/140 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I wouldn't fret either, as long as you can just get back on track this weekend. It's over and done with now, just go forward.

I ended up eating a low carb bar today, chocolate and peanut butter... it wasn't the best tasting thing, but it was the sweetest thing I've had since starting induction. That's why, I don't plan on eating anymore of them. One could lead to two, then three, then four....you get the idea.

I threw the rest away! LOL!

Nonnie
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-04, 14:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I love the low-carb bars and icecream but I just cannot have them. They stall my weight loss even in small amounts and I have real trouble leaving them alone. So I just don't go there . I wish I could have them but I cannot. Some folks do fine with them.

Orchid
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-04, 16:33
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

The *ahem* "effects" of the sweeteners in it would have taught me a lesson. If I overdo it, I have some trouble, so to speak...

Dust off and move on, you'll just have to get right back on track!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 05:36
Registered Member

Plan: Low-carb/south beach
Stats: 194/159/155 Female 67inches
BF:????
Progress: 90%

I personally haven't even vetured into the low-carb sweet treat market.(ice cream bars, choc. bars, etc.) It's like putting a drug in front of a drug addict. Before I started low-carbing I was a junk food junkie. I would prefer sweets instead of real food for a meal. I think the safest thing to do is to just get rid of the whole idea of sweets. There's NOTHING healthy about it and the consumption of them can lead to eating just too much of them.
I do however have diet jello with the 0 carb cool whip a couple of times a week with no problem.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 10:46
Low Carbing Diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/296/250 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I've done the over eating of lc snacks. for me it doesn't stall my weight loss because my body isn't sensitive to sugar alcohol but i can stall my weight if i go over my carb amount for that day. don't beat yourself up about it but know that you can't keep doing it or you'll be right back where you don't want to be.