Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 18:46
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 228/170/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Red face 2nd goal reached

When I started this diet way back in November 2003 I had set a goal of 190. On March 30th I reached that goal and celebrated by eating a large piece of cheesecake. I also set a new goal of 180 and promised myself I would eat the rest of the cheesecake then. (Sara Lee frozen cheesecake)
Yesterday morning I reached the goal of 180 and went on a binge. I asked my wife if she wanted to go out to dinner for Mothers Day on Sunday or go today, she said let's go today. We went out and each had a steak dinner with salad and steamed broccoli. My wife didn't want to eat her dinner roll so I ate hers and mine. Then we each had a piece of Key Lime pie for desert. it tasted wonderfull. 3 hours later i ate the cheesecake also. This morning I was 2 pounds heavier, back up to 182. I guess I will set another goal, try to get down to 170, but there is no more cheesecake in the freezer!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 12:20

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Big congratulations on meeting your goals. You should be very proud.

The two pounds will be gone shortly....don't worry.

Deb
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 19:13
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the reply Deb. I was down to 181.5 this morning and I started my day with a 3 mile walk at almost 4 mph. Also spent 2 & 1/2 hours working in the garden, Then I did 45 minutes of calesthenics. topped off by 16 minutes on the elliptical. if I didn't lose another pound today it will be hopeless.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 10:37
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Get some more cheesecake, lol!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 15:12

BF:

That's a lot of penance for one indiscretion!!!! Take it easy. I'd say if you don't lose the pound it would be a miracle, but on the other hand, you may get your muscles so sore you'll be retaining fluids and be up! Whoa!!!!!

Your determination is admirable.

Deb
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 17:25
Registered Member

BF:

I lost 1/2 pound yesterday, but I ain't a gonna give up. I started the day today with another 3 mile walk. A bit slower than yesterday (by one minute) Skipped all other exercise and went visiting with friends and shopping at Wal-Mart.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 19:33

BF:

Have you always been so active or is this a benefit of your wonderful weight loss? Just wondering???

Deb
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 13:04
Registered Member

BF:

The walking is really new to me, in fact I just started walking on May 3rd. I have had the gout in one big toe for about 3 years and it just started feeling good enough to walk on recently. The calisthenics I started back in November 2003. The gardening and yard work I have always done. My entire life until retirement was labor intensive. I was and ironworker (steel erection) for 35 years and retired to do carpenter and general labor to get by on till I reached 65 then I retired fully, 6 years ago.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 19:11

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Congrats on reaching your first goal. That is wonderful.

You better get another cheesecake in the freezer. You are going to need it.

Keep us posted.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 18:00

Plan: CAD,calorie deficit
Stats: 303/277.8/160 Female 66 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 18%
Smile

sounds like you are really on the right track....I hope to be joining you soon on that determined thinking...great job on reaching your goals.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 22:35

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

I think that is is so woonderful and mentally satisfying when someone reaches a goal. The feeling is euphoric, the sense of accomplishment is overwhelming at times- I know! My problem and Im sure 90% of people Lc'ing feel the same way is that rewarding yourself with the same actions that MADE you overweight in the first place is ironically NOT rewarding. Excess water retention, bloated, perhaps feeling a little guilty? AND not to mention getting out of ketosis. It takes about 2-3 days of effort and the struggles that you felt in the beginning to "get back on track". I love cheesescake and other sweets however I absolutely know that one bite is Not going to be enough, the taste lingers in your mouth until you had TOO much, you know? I think telling myself that by having the one bite is not ok if I want CONTINUED success, without stalls or minor pitfalls. Until I reach that ultimate goal, I will only continue with LC'ing way and reward myself with other things that i want- like DVDs, clothes etc...
Im not getting on anyones case, but I have a feeling that im not in this boat alone and if you can just have one bite- then all the power to ya!
Take Care, I love to read the stories and comments daily!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Dylan, I think you need to read the CAD book. Or have you?

EDIT: We can have whatever we please for the carb portion of our reward meal.

Last edited by adukart : Wed, Jul-28-04 at 12:38.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 19:36
Registered Member

BF:

Gads; it's been a long time since I visited this site. Actually I have met another goal this week. My 1st goal was to get down to 190, the next was 180, the 3rd was 170. which I reached yesterday. My next goal is not to lose weight but to try to gain a little muscle if possible.
I have increased my walk to 4 miles in 1 hour. some times a few minutes more. My calasthenics have gone from 45 minutes to an hour and 40 minutes. I keep increaseing the reps. I have had to tighten the resistance on the elliptical 3 times because I was spending too much time getting my heart rate and pulse up. I mean it gets boring when you spend a hafl hour on the thing.
I have almost gone off the diet (CAD CALP) I ate so much salad that I had gas almost constantly, also suffered from constipation. I eat salad only rarely now. I also eat fruit and nuts and rye or pumpernickle bread. On rare occasions like Mothers day or Fathers day I will eat some pie or cake. Otherwise I stay away from anything sweet or refined. If my wife makes a pasta i make sure it is whole wheat. When we have rice it's brown rice. etc.
Best of luck to all dieters out there. This one helped me to lose 58 pounds in 8 months.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 20:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey there, just wanted to ask, have you looked into weight lifting for muscle gain? There is some great info in the exercise forums on this site about weight training and cardio and the differences between them.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-04, 15:43
Registered Member

BF:

Yes I have thought about weights, but I have to be very carefull with them. I have degenerated disk in my back, not just one or two but almost all of them. Plus I have stenosis of the spine in the lumbar and neck both. Not to mention a bulging disk in the neck.
I have increased some of the weights i use in my calisthenics. I increased the ankle wrist weights from 5 to 10 lb. and today I started doing squats with a 40 lb weight on my sholders. That really cut down on the number of repititions (from 40 to 12)