Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  A new kind of success

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 14:23

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Smile Way to Go!

Oh, Razz.....

My eyes are wellin' up, but with tears of joy, not sadness. You are so amazing!
I applaud your perseverance and your ability to overcome such obstacles.

I truly believe that anyone on this forum can get to where you are with a bit of self-discovery, a lot of self-love, and add in letting go of control.
You are an inspiration!
Regards,
Brenda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 14:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Congratulations Razzle. This really is a profound success. You took a journey, and along the way "found yourself". What a wonderful journey it was. And what a marvelous destination.

**no jummpin' cheerleaders if that's ok. But the tears rolling down my cheeks are full of congratulations for you**
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 19:32

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

What a wonderful success story, Raz. IMHO you've done something far more important than lose x number of lbs of fat. I honestly think that by sharing your journey with us you've helped more of us than you'll ever know. I'm so happy that you've been able to see what a wonderful succes you are

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 20:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%

Raz, that is truly amazing. What you have achieved in overcoming preconceived notions about an "appropriate" size is better than hitting some arbitrary goal weight.

I have always said that weight loss is primarily a state of mind and success is 80% about your mindset.

You have just confirmed this for me.

You just glow

Lesley
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 22:38

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

You are another outstanding example of how the yardstick of success is so much more than the numbers on a scale.

Glad you've arrived
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 142/130/125
BF:
Progress: 71%
Thumbs up

Razzle,

I spent last weekend reading your posts. Your succession through the land of healing...thus living is awe inspiring.

You will never know the power and enormity of what you have done by sharing your path to wholeness.

You courage and strength has touched me in more ways than one. Its was so right on time for me to read your post. I too, have suffered from eating disorder for 10 years. It has been recently, that through LCing I have been able to break the cycle of addictive cravings LONG enough for me to face the pain/things I needed to face in order to heal.

Before, the cravings and "hunger" didnt even allow me to have pure thoughts. Thoughts that allowed me to listen to my soul and distinguish that this "hunger" was just a symptom of me hiding my fear, anger, self hatred, pain. Its so much easier to sit with myself and be honest now.

Your journey that you so kindly share is so impressive...and a motivator. For people like me, who are learning to LIVE life..without being afraid.

Although marginal... I say thank you...your gifts are not measurable. Know that your doing the "work" you have been sent here to do.

Your posts(for me) are so much more meaningful then the how to LC advice. Many of the questions or concerns I have are fueled by my eating disordered half...that becomes obsessive about calories, intake, exercise...and when I retreat to your posts, it gives me the fuel to look inside and see what this is all about.

My main task at hand...is to learn to trust my body. And you have done just that.

En Paz!

Bizou
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 16:47

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Wow!

Razzle, thank you for sharing your words of wisdom with us.

Congratulations on making this milestone in your life.

Your courage and self-love will take you to places that only few have known, enjoy the ride.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 20:15

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Congratulations, Raz. Any you are correct - this is the best sort of success you can have. It's all about health and happiness - what good does it do to be "thin" if you sacrifice health to get there. And if "thin" is your only measure of success, then you are probably lacking some pretty important things that will end up preventing you from being happy even once you get there.

Kudos to you and I hope I can make the same transition you have. I feel that if I end up neve getting below 220 or so, that I can learn to be happy. But I know I can never accept and be happy at 380 or at me present 325. So I have a long way to go.

Keep up the great work!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 07:01

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care

Bill, lesley, Angela, Heather, Sponge, Bizou, Nat, and Brenda, thank you for your responses, every one. And Bizou, thanks for saying my posts have helped--I'm glad you posted to me here!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 12:39

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Razzle, thanks so much for posting your success story. It was beautifully written and inspiring for me to read.

I think that emotional success is so important. Without feeling a sense of affection for oneself, whereever you might be, one's weight means nothing. I am watching my weight as a measure of "health" and no longer as a measure of where I might fit into the common concepts of "beauty". It helps enormously to focus on health, physical and mental, instead of what the world out there might think about me.

Thanks again!

Natalie
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 13:50

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default GOOD FOR YOU!

Loving yourself is the most important thing of all! And in my opinion, a size 12 is perfect anyway! I am striving to become a size 10 to 14, somwhere in that range. I enjoy having a more voluptuous figure and wouldn't give it up for the world!
Feeling good about yourself is #1! You're wonderful, whatever size you are, and I wish that more people understood that. I'm so proud of you! Hugs, and give yourself a pat on the back, you really deserve it! Three cheers for self esteem and self acceptance! Hip hip horray!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 18:29
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

Hi Razzle,

You've truly earned the title of "mentor" with that post! Thank you. I've been where you've been; hopefully someday I'll be where you are.

Take care!