Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 207/200/180 Male 170 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 26%

Heather,

The list is in Swedish. It's general low carb and definitely not just Atkins. Lots of nice, friendly and helpful people there (too).

Regards

--Maria
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/207/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbinCopy
My swedish is limited ... and very new to lowcarbing.

I will join the group, for sure, I am up for challenges.

And I am definitely into getting together!

Glad you found us Heather!

Kimberly

Thank you for writing me on Amerikanska, about this forum! So glad there are more LCers in Sweden than I thought!

Heather
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm
Heather,

The list is in Swedish. It's general low carb and definitely not just Atkins. Lots of nice, friendly and helpful people there (too).

Regards

--Maria

I read the site and applied for approval to the yahoogroup. The more LC lists, the better!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 05:18

Plan: Pefect Health Diet and IF
Stats: 205/198/150 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi all.
I am in Sweden, Stockholm (sort of). A native.

I have been doing Montignac some years ago (with success at that time). Montignac is a lot more known here as he is translated and more adapted to the Swedish way of eating. Otherwise the official view is ALL low-fat and low-cal.

Atkins is not translated to Swedish (as far as I know). I read his book this summer (in english) and I am considering whether I should go for it or not. It would be clumsy as I really can't use the recipes and I DO think totally in grams and liters, so I get no real feel for quantities etc.

Anyway, I am here and, as I said, a native. And I am familiar with the Atkins concept. If there is anything I can help any of you with, like translations or carb contents of local foodstuffs I am ready to help. I have access to a fairly extensive nutritional database with the dietary information on lots and lots of local stuff.

Best.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 05:21

BF:

That is so cool, thanks for your help! Tack ska du ha!!!

/Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransson
Hi all.
I am in Sweden, Stockholm (sort of). A native.

I have been doing Montignac some years ago (with success at that time). Montignac is a lot more known here as he is translated and more adapted to the Swedish way of eating. Otherwise the official view is ALL low-fat and low-cal.

Atkins is not translated to Swedish (as far as I know). I read his book this summer (in english) and I am considering whether I should go for it or not. It would be clumsy as I really can't use the recipes and I DO think totally in grams and liters, so I get no real feel for quantities etc.

Anyway, I am here and, as I said, a native. And I am familiar with the Atkins concept. If there is anything I can help any of you with, like translations or carb contents of local foodstuffs I am ready to help. I have access to a fairly extensive nutritional database with the dietary information on lots and lots of local stuff.

Best.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 00:05
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Hejsvej!
I saw you gals mentioned Splenda/sucralose.

It is actually possible to get in Sweden, according to this website:
http://www.sugartaste.com/

You have to order it through a company though (if you have a friend with privat firma, that would do the trick). Not cheap, $9 a box but still... I haven't ordered it yet, but I will. The company is situated in Malmo and deals with brewery essences etc.

Lycka till!
/Gil
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 09:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 222/206/135
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default wow...

I posted in early (feb) '03 and kept looking, but no replies so I stopped looking at this forum

I tried to join the yahoo forum but it says there is none by that name (low carbers in Sweden) Guess I'll have to try the other, but my Swedish isn't that great either.

Great to see you here!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 10:42

BF:

Hi Alyx - sorry about not replying, I don't always get emails from here for some odd reason. The Group was taken down due to it being inactive.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 10:57
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Hej Alyx!

Well, I 've had this thread bookmarked just in case, but some people seem to have left the forum, others have been absorbed into other "sub communities"... I have regular contact with Darnia (Uppsala), Heather (Borlänge) and Nille (Trondheim, Norway) through my (and their) journal(s). We are a quite silly gang, together with Judi Smurf from Germany (of Mexican origin)... We also have this "European thread" (started by Becky in Spain who is no longer on this board, but elsewhere) that has been vivid but now gradually dims down. We have taken our "European New Year's Challenge" here instead, where there are more participants.

As for this board, sometimes Fransson (in Sweden) shows up in her journal, sometimes Titanic (from Copenhagen, Denmark) shows up...

The Swedish Kanalen mailing list I'm on, Kolhydratiker, is quite vivid (the same one Maria mentioned before.)

http://www.kanalen.org/kolhydratiker/ or
http://www.kanalen.org/mailinglisto...1#kolhydratiker
(can't find any really good links for it right now, as they seem to have not updated the subscription info for a while...)

Not that "supportive, cheering-filled-with-smileys-kind of attitude in it mostly, more down to the bone of LC general/research/dry facts - but we do have our occasional chocolate and deli desserts threads too, including some serious OT sillinesses.... LOL)

Then there are these Swedish ones as well:
Forum för Kolhydratiker
(not very active at all....)

And this one, Glykemiskt Index, which is is a "breakout" from Kolhydratiker, more focusing on Montignac, GI etc than Inuit and Atkins (which is Kolhydratiker's main focus).

Please joint it if you wish! You don't have to contribute if you don't want to. If the Swedish gets over your head sometimes, just mail in and ask for clarifications. Or come visit my journal by all means, we do share many tips&tricks there as well as in Darnias, Nilles etc (incl. lots of rubbish and general silliness...)

Må gott!
Cheers! Hejsvej!

/gil

Last edited by gilibel : Sat, Nov-08-03 at 11:01.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 19:28

Plan: Mod Carbs.1200-1600 cals
Stats: 148/185/120 Female 5"2 or 159cm
BF:
Progress: -132%
Talking Jaaaa!! Äntligen!

Tjaa tjejer!

I'm here, I'm here!!

I'm so happy that theres other lowcarbers here in Sweden

Got to go for now, but y'all can so count me in

OXOXOXOX

Priscilla Da Rosa
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 01:35

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Talking

Hej Da Rosa!

Welcome! I am sure you will find lots of tips on this site and meet great people.

I have had contact with Maria and Heather and they are quite nice. I did belong to one of the Swedish low carb lists, but it was too much for me to keep up with, as I was going to school and had a two year old at home. I am sure there is much useful information available on these lists.

You are welcome to drop by my journal anytime to look for tips or meal ideas. Right now it mostly handles on pregnancy. My daughter is almost 3 years old and my second child is due July 19 ... just 15 days to go!

Lycka till!
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 02:53
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 207/200/180 Male 170 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Rosa
I'm so happy that theres other lowcarbers here in Sweden

Welcome to the wonderful world of low carb Priscilla!

I would suggest you also joined some of the Swedish low carb groups, if you understand Swedish. They are not overly active nowadays, but gives lots of answers about specific Swedish issues.

I am on maintenace myself now.

Good luck with low carbing!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-05, 05:49

Plan: BFFM
Stats: 275/265/245 Female 165cm 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 33%

HEJ HEJ!!!

Happy I have found you all. I am in Stockholm Sweden for 6 years.
I started with Atkins about 2 years ago, then switched to BFL which really did alot. I lost ALOT of inches and went from a size 26-28 jeans(Lane bryant) to a size 24 in 3 months and didnt lose a pound! I gained muscle and loss bodyfat. My body shrunk. After that I started BFFM (Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle), that was cool. My BF% decreased but NOT my weight. I finally, found that I had to decrease my caloric intake a bit more and work on a caloric deficiency and that has helped me lose 10 pounds on 2½ months. I am now between sizes but closer to 22 jeans and I am wearing 18-20 blouses. I use to wear 22-24 and even 26.

I think Atkins was easy to do here in Sweden. But, when it comes to lowfat stuff, Sweden is lacking. I had to do ALOT of improvising.

In the last 6 months I am noticing more low fat stuff on the shelves of Maxi and ICA and the like. I even found a cottage cheese(Valio) with 18g protein in one serving. Yogurt was easy...I eat lots of that, fruit, veggies etc...

We need to do our own thread maybe. Give ourselves Challenges.

Anyway, glad to have met all of you and hope we can eventually meet...in Sweden!
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 03:53

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi I just saw you here. Somehow my subscriptions got all out of whack.

It sounds like you are doing so great. I think lcing is pretty easy here too, but sometimes I would like a frakenfood as a treat. lol Anyway, the real food helps keep me honest.

If you start a journal it is much easier to keep in contact with each other.

Best to ya,
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-05, 13:28

Plan: BFFM
Stats: 275/265/245 Female 165cm 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Hi I just saw you here. Somehow my subscriptions got all out of whack.

It sounds like you are doing so great. I think lcing is pretty easy here too, but sometimes I would like a frakenfood as a treat. lol Anyway, the real food helps keep me honest.

If you start a journal it is much easier to keep in contact with each other.

Best to ya,

OK! I bite. How do you start a journal?????