Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Registered Member
Heel Spurs are gone
Posted by Bigdaddy99
Posted Wed, May-18-05
Male 6'1"
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/225/220
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Heel Spurs are gone

As I'm writing this, I'm half way to my goal weight, but I have a success to share with you.

I play fastball and last year I developed nasty heel spurs in my feet. It was so crippling that getting out of bed in the morning was painful. This was my wake up call, I had to lose weight. I started with a low carb diet and plenty of weight training... particularly my legs which I trained twice a week. My weight dropped from 290 to 265 lbs. But I stalled at this point so I decided to try Atkins. I'm currently at 251 lbs and I'm happy to report that after 3 games this year, there is no sign of the heel spurs!!! I am so happy, you have no idea how much this means to me.

I should also add I threw away all my crappy, no support shoes and bought new shoes with better supports and cushions. I also added heal and arch supports to my baseball cleats.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
In-Progress
After
Not uploaded yet

by LadyArya on Tue, May-24-05, 02:15

Yeyah! Feels so darn good when the pain is gone, doesn't it?

I'm with you man. Loving life without pain for the first time in ages!

3 comments [read all comments]