Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 08:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 234/204/150
BF:
Progress: 36%
Unhappy need help

I have fallen off the wagon Big Time can't seem to get back on and stay on . can I drink atkins shakes hidden sugars? can I eat too much fat ? how can I get enough calories from meat and salads? I don't like too lean of meat. I know I should drink the water and I try then I gag. and find an excuse tomorrow . any suggestions? I did this diet for a while then hit a plateau for months and then used that as an excuse and now every day is an excuse help!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi karmelkake

You should try giving up those shakes. I have never used them, but lots of people here say they cause stalls.

I don't think you can eat too much fat. Make sure you are getting alot of good fat(eg olive oil). You can add calories by adding fat. Put a little more oil on your salad, cheese on your burger....

Water, that's hard. I don't drink as much as I should, and I love it! Try drinking Ice water. The colder it is the better.

Hope this helps. Godd luck!

cimart
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/164/120
BF:
Progress:

hi Karmelkake,
first of all, I don't think you should worry about the fat as long as your carbs are low. second, one of the things I read on the atkins web site is that he actually recomends shakes even for induction but only one per day and without milk.
about the water , I found it easier to drink water without ice when it's not that cold, you drink more when it's room temprature and I also found that if I drink two or atleast one and a half cups of water every meal and also drink about 3 cups during work ( I only work 9am-2pm) it's easy enough to have enough water, I don't force myselfe but I try to drink enough water, it's very helpfull during the weight loss.

good luck
may
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 12:57

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Try reading this thread.

Your calories should be coming from 70 to 80 percent of your fat intake.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=34538

Quote:
Originally posted by may
one of the things I read on the atkins web site is that he actually recomends shakes even for induction but only one per day and without milk.

And of course his website is going to push those vile shakes....they make a profit off them!

Ask yourself one thing....are shake mixes processed? Yes? In his book didn't the good Dr warn against consuming processed foods?

Natural whole foods are your best bet in avoiding the carbohydrate death trap.

Last edited by agonycat : Wed, Feb-20-02 at 13:02.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 13:07

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by cimart
You should try giving up those shakes. I have never used them, but lots of people here say they cause stalls.

Cimart, I think you're referring to the LC Bars which contain hidden carbs in the form of sugar alcohols and glycerine. Shakes don't tend to have this problem and can be a good source of protein when you're a) in a rush or b) aren't fond of eating breakfast.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 17:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks Nat

This is good news. Sometimes in the morning I just don't feel like cooking.
Now I'm going to have to go and try them. I've been avoiding them for so long thinking they may cause a stall.

cimart