Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 160/160/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 1st full day--need critique!

First full day; am I interpreting the SP correctly? I can see that it it going to be hard getting fat/protein in at every meal/snack.

Breakfast: munster cheese, wheat bread w/butter
Snack: whole fat yogurt
Lunch: lettuce salad w/whole fat cottage cheese
Snack: almonds
Dinner: lean beef w/corn-on-the-cob & butter

I really appreciate everyone's help. I just can't afford the $500 for the initial visit to Dr. S. Would if I could.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 20:33

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Alright ...

You're definitely on the right track but here are a few things you may want to think about...

1. Breakfast - try to get some protein in besides cheese...unless you are eating a LOT of cheese you probably aren't getting enough protein...or enough food in. You also need some kind of veggie withevery meal...maybe a few slices of tomato. I like to scramble some eggs with sliced veggies.
2. Snack - I don't believe SP counts yogurt as as carb so you could add a bit of fruit there...you also need something vegetably again...like some baby carrot or celery?
3. Cottage cheese is a great source of protein...but where is your 15 g of carb? Did you have some dressing on your salad...don't neglect fat!
4. Almonds are a great snack...still wondering if you ate enough today!
5. Dinner - Excellent choices...but again you need a non-starchy vegetable in there too.

Hope this helps!

Lisa