Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 16:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/185/165 Male 71"
BF:Too high, duh!
Progress: 66%
Default Moderators, a couple of questions please.

Dear Moderators,

Sorry to bother you but I need your help, please. A new store has opened up near my home and I want to tell everyone from the DC/Maryland area about it. It's a store that is exclusively dedicated to low carb/low sugar foods.

Here is the website so you know I'm being honest:

www.whoathatslo.com

I need to know that following:

1. What forum am I allowed to post this exciting new information.

and

2. Is there a way I can do a search for people with "Maryland" in their bios so I can send them a PM about this?

THis may sound to you like I work for this company but I can assure you I do not. Just that I've been waiting (as well as ten co-workers of mine, all on Atkins) for a store like this and we finally have it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and I hope you're having a great day.

Bob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 16:27

Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

Well, I'm excited, too and I live in Northern Virginia. I plan on checking it out. Thanks for the info.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 16:30
Registered Member

Ah geez, I'm sorry! I should have included NoVa. Do disrespect intended. Sorry again.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 18:55
Registered Member

~bump~

Hoping I get an answer tomorrow.

Good night all.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 19:08
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Bob,

First ... I've moved your post to the U.S. forum in the Local Low-Carbers section. That way folks from your area can find you more easily. I'm also going to change the title so that it's easier for readers to see what your message is about.

It's fine for members to let other folks know about where they've found low-carb goods in their area .. but you're right, we do not permit spam advertising or business owners to promote their own products or services on our forums. Another place you might want to post this is on the local yellow pages section of the main website ... look for the in the Quick Links column on the right.

Although I know you're eager to let other folks know about this, we prefer that you not send unsolicited PM's to other members, as that would constitute spamming and it's against the rules. Hopefully lots of folks will see your post here

Doreen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 15:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/ WLS 10/10/04
Stats: 320/255/175 Male 68
BF:way too much
Progress: 45%
Default Thanks Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW
Dear Moderators,

Sorry to bother you but I need your help, please. A new store has opened up near my home and I want to tell everyone from the DC/Maryland area about it. It's a store that is exclusively dedicated to low carb/low sugar foods.

Here is the website so you know I'm being honest:

www.whoathatslo.com

I need to know that following:

1. What forum am I allowed to post this exciting new information.

and

2. Is there a way I can do a search for people with "Maryland" in their bios so I can send them a PM about this?

THis may sound to you like I work for this company but I can assure you I do not. Just that I've been waiting (as well as ten co-workers of mine, all on Atkins) for a store like this and we finally have it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and I hope you're having a great day.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

This couldn't have been more timely since I am beginning my LC WOL today!

Jim in NOVA
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:03
Registered Member

My pleasure, Sir. Best of luck to you and let me know if I can be of any assistance.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: world domination
Stats: 321/245/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I wanted to add my thanks. I was just at the store and probably made their weekly quota numbers for them . . . and that was with showing restraint. I am determined to stick to 20 carbs a day. I have done this for 3+ months and had treemendous success with little hunger or cravings. I stayed away from lo carb baked goods, desserts and candies/meal replacement bars. I might be able to fit them into my 20 g/carbs per day but I get so little veggies I try to save my carb gs for veggies. I did however get a lot of goodies for my GF who is on a less stringent carb count and cant get as much variety of goods as i can. I will pass on her impressions of the goods when she tries them. Meanwhile all the favorite names I have been reading about were there . . . DaVinci syrups, tortillas from La Tortilla Factory, atkins ice creams . . . as well as a lot of other stuff I hadnt heard of. many kinds of breads which I passed on. individually packed frozen bagels, lots of jams and spreads,frozen or refrigerated desserts, such as brownies and pies and tarts, too much to even remember. I did buy some lo carb ketchup and a couple flavors of the syrups and some steel's jam and La Nouba spreads and the small tortillas for myself and O'solo frozen muffins and flaxmeal blueberrylicious muffin mix from lo carb creationsfor my GF. I DID get a frozen pizza (3 carbs per slice). I figure 2 slices for lunch and 4 for dinner makes my day with 2 carbs left over :P . Store will be dangerous to my goal of keeping daily carb count below 20 grams but will be lifesaver when I loosen up after reaching goal weight . . . just made it past the halfway point!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 16:01
Registered Member

Stats: 274/249/175 Male 6'3"
BF:Too freaking much!
Progress: 25%

I'm so psyched to hear about this new Lo-Carb store! I live in Silver Spring, only about 7 miles away from it. What luck!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 16:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/ WLS 10/10/04
Stats: 320/255/175 Male 68
BF:way too much
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyofm
I'm so psyched to hear about this new Lo-Carb store! I live in Silver Spring, only about 7 miles away from it. What luck!

It's amazing how many stores and resturants have now started offering low carb items. It's great particularly since I travel so much!

I recently started eating hot dogs for breakfast, and I eat a fair amount of nuts. It really helps to eat something other than meat that has a good solid flavor. Walnuts in most cases have 3 carbs and 3 fiber, so they are a wash.

Good luck Anthony!