Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 07:14
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 205/197.5/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hello everyone!! I haven't been on in the last couple of days because I went out of town .

But I see from reading all the post that everyone is doing well,, , Im so happy for everyone! Keep up the good work!
Darlene thanks agian for all the advice , and you defintly have your hands full, 5 teens, !!!

Well now to the dreaded part, , this weekend while I was out of town , I went off the diet !!! And I feel terrible this monday morning. Ok everyone give me a bonk on the head.

Jo
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 07:55

Plan: Started Atkins on 4/26/03
Stats: 202/190/145
BF:
Progress: 21%
Don't worry about it Joetta, just climb back on! I went out last night to the Saltgrass Steakhouse for dinner. I was BAD, but it felt so good! I'm back to basics today, and I don't regret that pecan pie and ice cream one bit!

I still have to get a handle on this exercise thing - I HATE it! And I sure have trouble making myself do anything.

Have a good week ya'll!
  #63   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 10:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Here ya go, Jo... Feel better now? Seriously, it happens...just don't let it happen too much! It's not worth feeling like you do today, is it? I do hope you had fun on your weekend away. I could sure use one of those!

Mary, like I've said before, I feel just like you do. I HATE exercise! I'm not even really thinking about it right now...just concentrating on Induction. I see my energy level rising and think that I'll be ready to do the walking tapes pretty soon without dragging thru them!

My weekend went well. I stayed with the program even though we had company for lunch yesterday (my parents). It's easy when you have people over to your house instead of going to theirs, isn't it? You have all the control!

We have a new BJ's in town (like Sam's or Costco) and I am now a regular shopper there! Great bargains! Anyway, I went this AM and EVERY single aisle, both ends, they had samples of everything you can imagine! I didn't even want any of the stuff! I did have a small cup that had some rotisserie chicken in it...no damage there! Places like that can be a mine field!

I've only lost seven pounds in 14 days. (Today's my two week anniversary on Atkins! ) I'm two days overdue for TOM and feel sure that will make a big difference!

Well, have a great week and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Darlene63 : Mon, May-12-03 at 10:47.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:44
Registered Member

BF:

, Good Job Darlene, 7lbs that is great! You have got so much will power, keep up the good work.
Now this will probably sound stupid but I see alot of the word TOM, I was just wondering what that meant?
And on the exercise, I have got to make myself get up and go, but once I get going I feel so much better.

Well today im doing good, back on the diet and its all going good. Im going to drink a gallon of water today to wash away all the bad things I put in my body!!

Jo
  #65   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 12:49

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

TOM = Time of the month
Period
Menstrul Cycle.

It is just easier to type TOM.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 17:21
Registered Member

BF:
Default CALORIES??

Does anyone know if we are suppose to be counting calories also on the atkins diet?
My calorie intake worries me a little, should I be worrying?
  #67   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 20:21

BF:

No, Jo, we don't need to be counting calories...just carbs! I've read that a good rule of thumb is to keep your calorie intake around 10 to 12 times your current weight. I'd think the more important thing right now is to try to keep the percentages of fat, protein and carbs in check. Keep an eye on your pie graph on Fitday. Fat should be around 65% to 70%, protein 25% to 30% and the carbs around 5%. Just a guideline, really...the most important number at this time is the carb count.

That help any?
  #68   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 08:35
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you Darlene, that did help. I guess when your on a diet you worry about everything.
Ecspecially on this atkins, all the fat and calories in it.
I drink a gallon of water yesterday, it seem to really help me fill full in the evenings, I didn't want to snack on pork rinds as much as I had been. I just hope I don't retain all that water, that is alot of water.

Everyone have a Great Day today!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 10:55

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

Hey guys I have another noob question for ya if you dont mind

Im sitting here reading away, noticing that people are always talking about gaining weight during or close to TOM. Well Im about a week away and I noticed that I have gained a pound and I havent cheated in my diet AL ALL!! Could this be the reason? What exactly makes your weight fluctuate diring this time and how much of a difference does it usually make, pound wise?

I kind of got discouraged when i hopped on the scale the other day to see that pound back on but that didnt stop me!!!!

And I also tried one of the keytone strips and I was at the highest level there was so I think Im doing something right!!

Anyways..any help is appreciated!!

Thanks
  #70   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:10
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I always thought it was just water retention. Any one else?...
  #71   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:19
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24

I gain 3 pounds every month before TOM. It is just fluid retention.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 12:31

BF:

You're probably right, Iowagirl...it most likely is mainly water retention. There's this little voice in my mind that tells me it may (MAY ) also have something to do with the body preparing itself for pregnancy. A primative sort of thing! There's is probably more to it than we know, but the doctors pass it on to us as "water retention" since it usually just passes. Whatever the reason, I feel it would be to our benefit to drink the proper amount of water (maybe even more) during this time. That's probably the best defense!

Also, EciGirl, the darkest shade on the stick is not necessarily a good thing. Any shade of pink means you're in lipolysis/ketosis...any shade at all! From what I've read, the darker color can mean that you're dehydrated to some degree or other. DRINK YOUR WATER!!! Judging by your stats, you should be drinking between 9 and 10 cups of water a day. You may already know this, but that is 8 cups (for anyone-any weight) and an extra cup for each 25 pounds you want to lose. That's the minimum!

Sorry to preach at ya... ...but that may be an answer to your 'week before' gain! My opinion, of course...take it for what it's worth!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 10:03

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the help.

Darlene- I drink anywhere from 5-7 20 oz. bottles of water a day!!!! Sometimes I feel like Im going to float away!! lol But that was my first time ever trying the strip. I dont want to get used to them cause I heard that they are unreliable.

But anyways....thanks guys! I feel alot better now that Im actually NOT getting bigger!! God forbid the word "bigger"!!!!!

Everytime I log on to here I get this warm cozy feling that people actually care!! If it werent for you guys I dont think I could do this. Thanks tremendously for the support. Keep up the good work everyone!
  #74   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 14:42
Registered Member

BF:

Hello everyone, how is everyone doing? I know what you mean by the wonderful people on here, if it wasnt' for this I could not do this. I get too discourged to easy. Ecspecially when you see no progress.

Anyway , I wanted to ask to see if anyone has pain in there side below the belly button when it gets time for TOM? Which is want be time for me until another 2 wks but im getting severe cramps that come and go, was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem?

Jo

BTW,,have lost no weight but 1 inch
  #75   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 14:46
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:

Yep - I get that pain. I think its the flood gates opening.

Woo hoo on the inch lost!