Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 06:49

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Well, that's really good to know - if we needed a place to sit and talk, sounds like that would work just fine!!

As far as an attempt to nail down a date, are there others here with any sort of preference? My 2cents would be that a weekday might be less crowded than a weekend day, but with summertime, I suppose all bets are off. Any thoughts?

-Catinhat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 13:50

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%

Hi...I think the dates of somewhere between July 18-20 were suggested by Bill because that's when I'm going to be able to come. My flight comes in on the 17th, and I leave on the 21st. Of course, you'll probably want to keep getting together after that anyway -- that's what has happened here in MD!

I've eaten at Applebee's a number of times. It's a typical chain, like TGIFridays or Bennigans or Ruby Tuesday. Nothing exciting, but reasonable prices and an easy place to sit and gab. For my two cents, I think I would prefer to sit in a restaurant over a mall food court. But that is just my opinion. Bill, do you have any thoughts?!

The outlet mall sounds fun! Maybe I'll get my sister (whom I am visiting) to take me there. She just had a baby so we might have to have her husband babysit while we go play...! Is there an Outback Steakhouse anywhere in that vicinity? They are very low-carb-friendly.

Oh, and you are not alone. I've never been to Starbucks, either. Neither hubby nor I drink coffee!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 14:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/251/170
BF:
Progress: 26%

Sorry...no Outbacks close that I know of. And I'd really prefer the 18th or the 20th...that's a Thursday and Saturday, right? Fridays are bad because my husband has softball and if I'm not there to cheer on the team, they get upset. LOL!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 14:53

The 18th or the 20th sound fine to me. Maybe Thursday the 18th would be a good bet because we wouldn't have to deal with weekend traffic, etc. I know that around here, the restaurants are all very full on the weekends.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 15:18

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I have to work the 19th, and I agree with Joanie - the 18th looks better because places would be less crowded and all . . .

-Catinhat
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 15:54

BF:

So...the 18th it is, then??? And where should we meet and at what time? And do we want to sit comfortably at a restaurant or gab at the mall?
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 18:03

I vote for lunch or dinner at a not-too-expensive-but-pleasant restaurant. But I will, of course, go with the flow since I am just a visitor. You guys work it out and keep me posted. Have a great 4th of July!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 00:57

BF:
Unhappy Sorry I haven't checked back....

I guess the get-together never happened?? It's been busy around my place...kids, animals, house in MO FINALLY has a contract on it.

Any chance of trying again???
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 20:30

Bill and I got together a couple times while I was in CO. I didn't hear from anyone else before I came out, so I kind of assumed people weren't available. I think I can speak for both Bill and I when I say that we had an excellent time. I hope that the CO contingent can get together -- you'll have fun! Keep me posted!

PS Bill took a picture of us with his digital camera, but I don't think he has posted it yet -- I will have to pester him and get him to do it!!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 16:14

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Is anyone still interested in getting together?

I live in Castle Rock, and seem to be the only person I know who is on this WOE.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 23:25

BF:
Thumbs up

Hey, Chelle! I'm only about 17 miles east of you! We MUST do something about this! LOL!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 12:28

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm always free on Saturdays after 2:00, when my daughter goes to visit my ex-husband.

I'd like to do something, if people are interested. I'm the only person I know doing Atkins, and it's frustrating.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 18:30
Registered Member

Stats: 155/137.5/113 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Smile In Monument with a question

Hi, fellow Coloradoans. I'm not sure if anyone is checking this board anymore but trying find some help with a question unique to mountain dwellers.

I'm at 7,200 feet and I need some help with high altitude adaptations of some of the recipies -- especially any baking. Most non-low carb baking recipies suggest adding extra flour, well that's out of the question.

Any ideas or just a hello and nice to know there are others nearby.

Kim