Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 13:21
Registered Member

Plan: Ultimate NY Body Plan
Stats: 218.5/200/160 Female 69/1.74
BF:maybe 33%
Progress: 32%

Hi Ncomelab,

Sorry, I didn't see your message until now. So you wanna be 1 on 1 buddies? Great! Well, I'm fasting today b/c I always need a good cleanse, plus, it eats up alot of fat very quickly. In addition, I'm doing David's workouts, starting today consistently, so just tell me how you're doing diet/emotional/exercise-wise and we'll check in w/ each other here daily. I also think the daily posting will help others get an idea of what it's like on the program. Sound good?
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 01:58

Plan: Ultimate New York Body Pl
Stats: 290/260/178 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hm... today is the first day I did not do any exercise at all. My body is just sooooo sore, it's not funny. Probably because I have been doing the 1.5 hours cardio almost daily plus the ab and legs routine. Lol... little overzealous I believe.

Anyway, I cleaned the whole house today, so that was a little active as well.

As far as eating is concerned, I have no problems whatsoever sticking to this low carb lifestyle. I do wish I could vary a little since eggs and chicken are coming out of my ears, lol.

I definetely feel a lit fitter and leaner and so full of energy! I am leaving for Europe next week (visit my parents) and I certainly will not have to pay extra for the extra weight I was carrying! I still have a very long way to go, but I believe incorporating this 2week bootcamp along with a sensible low card diet and lots of exercise will get me there way before the end of the year!

Summary: I feel great!

dfresh.. how are you going? Do you fast regularly? I used to do that to, a whole day of nothing but fresh fruit and vegetable juices. You wake up the next morning with a flat tummy hey?
  #438   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-06, 07:41

Plan: UNYBP
Stats: 175.5/170.5/130 Female 66.5 in
BF:
Progress:
Default Started Yesterday..Again

I started the 14 day program yesterday, Sunday (2nd go around for me, last time made it thru 7 days). It's nice to start on a weekend, because I had all day to work in eating every three hours and both workouts. Mornings are tough for me, I'm a habitual snoozer, so today was tough to get up in the AM to do my 45 min cardio before work. Of course it felt great, to get the endorphines going, yay!

My goal is to lose 12-15 lbs, and ultimately to lose inches. Ideally, 6 in my chest, 4 in my waist, and 3 in my hips.

Biggest challenge is work travel, I leave for a trip tomorrow for days 3-6 and the workouts will be hard to do without the DVD and exercise equipment. Wish me success!
  #439   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 17:38
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 207/199/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress:

well ive fallen off the wagon the last 3 days, i was doing so well too, it was a carb fest and just not good. i feel terrible, i ended up getting drunk saturday night pretty bad, and had a lot of pizza that night then the torture continued sun, mon, and was suppose to end today but i got fast food for 2 meals today, so sat evening before my first beer i was in the best shape of my life, and now im fat and bloated and ruined 2 weeks of hard work, scale up 9 lbs.. i feel like crap too, carbs = nothing but bad news so its been about 2 hrs since my last self defeating blow, i dont eat like that anymore, i eat for functionality these days and energy.. back on this WOE every second is important
  #440   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 17:38
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

hope i didnt let anyone down, and your stronger then me,, hopefully im stronger and learned a lesson from this mess up
  #441   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 17:41
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

actually saturday i ended a 32 hr fast/cleanse so im probably going to have to do another one
  #442   ^
Old Wed, Jun-28-06, 07:03

BF:
Progress:

Hey DFresh, it happens, try not to beat yourself up. It's definitely a lesson for me tho, i'll have to try to stay the course, even after the 14 days.

My progress a: I'm on DAY 4, away from home on a business trip and so far had a lousy morning. I can't drink the shakes without blending, so I wanted to get egg whites w/veggies for breakfast, but was running too late and had to skip. Wanted to get in my AM cardio, but the hotel gym was full and torrential downpours outside negated an outdoor run, instead I jogged in place in my room for 25 min.

Good News, my pants are looser, more so in the thighs then the waist.
  #443   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-06, 21:15
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

nice improv on runnin in place and gettn the cardio in,, with all those factors going against yah, i probably wouldnt of got it in, but im back on track day 2 is about over, still plenty of damage done but getting better.. the one positive is that i did feel a surge in my lifting routine and went up weight on all my lifts and felt really stronger, i strapped on a 25lb barbell and did 4 sets of pullups 7,6,5,4 tonight then finished up my other back exercises.. ive been lifting heavy to burn that glycogen up with long rests 3-4mins
  #444   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-06, 21:17
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

improv on your exercises while away,, hell ive improved my way into a bodybuilding routine so i dont even know if what im doing is considered this but i just go where im taken too
  #445   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 16:12
Registered Member

Smile

Hi all,

Ok I'm back. I was so busy getting ready for my trip and various other things. Long story short, I haven't finished the 2 weeks yet. I'm usually bummed when this happens b/c once I push myself to workout and see how good I feel and start to look, I ask myself why I couldn't have worked out the many times before. It's so hard sometimes to get started, but when you do, it's easier to just keep going until it's a habit or until it's something you enjoy doing.

So, because I leave in a little less than 3 weeks, I'm going to challenge myself and this program to see if it can give me results like Michel in the book. I'm also a size 16 and would be ecstatic losing half my size to be an 8 by takeoff. But..I also realize I have to be realistic and quite frankly, I'd be happy just seeing my pudgy thighs and stomach dramatically slimmed down (to the tune of ~3" each). This will also be a cool experiment for those eyeing the program and not sure if it works. The only tweak to the program I'm making is the diet part where I'll be juice fasting. I want to do this for many reasons, namely detox.

Today I didn't eat well. I skipped breakfast, took a bentonite clay supp, ate fast food for lunch (not a fried sandwich but still..I ate some fries and had coke) and just a bit ago I ate an apple (organic ) but don't know what else I'll eat today. I want to workout, but then I realize it's actually 2 workouts, so that's bummin me a bit, but I don't have to kill myself since it's day one. I can just do my best, feel the burn, then rest assured of the amazing transformation my body will make. Can't wait! I'll post daily updates for informational purposes. (I eventually hope to post a review on Amazon so others can see how this program will work for them )
  #446   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 12:34

BF:
Progress:

Day 11 for me. Stats: Down 8 lbs, 2" on waist, 1" on neck, 1" on hips, arms and thighs the same but in general feel all around smaller. My 12 pants are so loose - they fit on my hip bones vs. around my belly button.

Been good with David's plan, but not perfect. Some days only done 30 min of cardio, not 45. And missed a cardio sculpt on Sat, because I was traveling. I do his DVD, but am not completing each rep for some exercises. So proud that I can do the pike though, never thought it would happen.

As for food, some days only ate 4x, not 5, mostly due to sleeping in and missing the 7 am breakfast - and went right for the 10 am snack.

My wedding is at the end of the month, and want to lose 15 lbs still - it'd be so great to be in my 130's for the big day. I know its about body fat, but I can't get away from the numbers on the scale. My current weight is 154.5, so with 15 lbs, I'd hit the 130's by a smidge - that's enough for me!

My fiance joined me in this plan, couldn't have made it through without his support. Happy to report that he is down from 216 to 203 on Day 11. His wants to get to 175 eventually, but will be happy with low 190s/high 180s for the wedding.
  #447   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 18:52
Registered Member

Thanks for posting ur results Kater. So far so good for me. I don't know the exact measurements, but my pants are definitely looser. I also lost like 6 lbs. So will update!
  #448   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 14:13

BF:
Progress:

After 14 days: down 11.5 lbs (162.5 to 151), 1" neck, 3 " waist, 3" bust, 1" hips, thighs the same (but way more toned), size 12/14 to an 8/10.

My work is not over though, I'm staying on it for another two weeks. Knowing that I have dinner plans 2x in this window, I'll let myself have a couple of drinks - people are taking me out pre-wedding, I can get away with the food thing (I hope), but want to unwind with some wine

Goal from here is to get down another 6 lbs, to 145, and more if possible.
  #449   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 23:43

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone! I'm new here and so happy to have found you all! I'm starting the plan tomorrow! I've read the book and gotten everything I need. It's so great to read your posts... they are very motivating and inspiring!
  #450   ^
Old Mon, Jul-24-06, 00:10

Plan: Burn the Fat
Stats: 138/130.7/110 Female 160cm
BF:36%/33.4%/20%
Progress: 26%
Default New!

Hello everyone!

New here and new to UNYBP. Started last Friday on 21 Jul, weigh in 126lbs/ ht: 160cm. Lost (water??) 1.55lb over 3 days. Target: min. 6 lb. Am I being unrealistic here???

Anyone with similar statistics and managed to lose 6lb or more in 2 weeks?

cheers!