Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 21:26
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default countdown to 140

is there anyone out there trying to reach 140 like me....for my height that is stil considered overweight but i was 135 all through my high school days and thought i looked ok..i dropped down to 120 befor the birth of my first son and looked awful thats the weight every chart says i should be at....i figure if i get to 140 then thats enough for me at age 35....i want to be around to enjoy my grandchildren when i get them so the weight has to go....i feel so much better already.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 23:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/163/133
BF:40%
Progress: 33%

Hi, I think we are the same age. I'm 35. I have set my goal weight at 133 but I'd be very happy at 140. I don't like those charts that give the average weight per height. I don't believe that they take into account the different body styles. Also diferent charts have very different weights. I'm 5' 7.5", some charts say I should weigh 120lbs and some say 160lbs. Have you been on the LC WOL for long?
Sarah
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 18:38
Registered Member

BF:

i have been on the lc wol since april and it works so great.......all the cridicts can come over anytime and see my photos of all the changes........................
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 20:40

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 214/208/145
BF:
Progress: 9%
Smile

Hi! Can I join your thread? I am shooting for 145 - not too far from your 140. I'm 38 years old, and have a long way to go! I started low-carbing today. I have such a sugar addiction - am looking forward to overcoming it. I am following Protein Power. Hope that you have had a great new year's day!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:02

Plan: Atkins/south beach
Stats: 240/230/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

The number 140 caught my eye as I scrolled around looking for a buddy. I've been in and out of this forum and plan to start anew on my atkins/schwartzbein regime in the am. Xmas has been a disaster as far as diet compliancy but I am ready to do the work again. Would love to have the encouragement and help along the way. I have quite a long way to go though.
betsy
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:50

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Greetings!

My goal weight is 145 currently, but I just threw that number out there---I really have no idea---could be 140---could be 135. May I join in? I'm 33 and I really want to reach my goal weight by 7/22--my birthday. I fell off the wagon for about a week during the holidays and am working on renewed vigor to reach my goals this year.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 20:05

Stats: 287/278/140
BF:45%/43%/22
Progress: 6%
Talking

I too am trying to get down to 140. I was before several car accidents 135, but decided 140 to be my goal. I am 5'7" and would right now be happy with just 160, but 140 is my ideal weight and my goal. I too am a grandmother. (8 grandchildren and a mother of 3). So hang in there, there are a lot of people who are very supportive on this forum.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 05:33

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Me too, me too! I have a mini goal of 191 but ultimately would like to get to 140. I saw your name and it caught my eye, as I have three sons. I'm 31, so it sounds like there's a lot of us on the same wavelength. I haven't started LCing yet--Friday, January 10th is my start day. I can hardly wait!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 07:05

Stats: 287/278/140
BF:45%/43%/22
Progress: 6%

Hey that's great you are going to start on the LC program! Have you ever been on it before? I see you live in Vancouver - my daughter use to live there and she said she loved it there. Now she lives in Alaska. I never sat a mini goal for myself due to I want to lose all my weight down. When I went to the Philippines, I was sort of embarrassed because the small transportation things they have there called Trikes....a motorcycle pulling a sidecar.....I had to pay double because three people was was supposed to fit inside and only 2 could.....I took up the whole seat. I'm happy we have cars over here for the main transportation! So when I go back, I want to be down so I do not have to pay double the fare.........LOL

Ambria
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 07:41

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

No, I've never LC'd before. I've done just about every low-fat, low call diet out there--WW, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, that crazy Susan Powter program--I cringe knowing what I do now!! I like the science behind this WOL, so I'm going to do it, and keep at it for LIFE!!

Guess that can be my motivation--if I ever go to P. I can save $$

I absolutely adore living in Vancouver and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I hear Florida's not too shabby, either...

I don't have email at home and I'm on vacation in about 1.5 hours, so you won't hear from me for about 10 days (I'll be 7-8 days into induction then so I'm sure I'll have plenty to say and ask!!) I'm running out of space so I have to cut this short-nice 'talking' to you!
N.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 20:01
Registered Member

BF:

well looks like there are alot of us 140 girls out there. glad to have some friends to take this journey with...good luck to u all