Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 13:03
Registered Member

Plan: Wingin' it.
Stats: 257/240.0/130 Female 65 inches
BF:yes!
Progress: 13%
Smile hypnosis

I don't think there's anything to be nervous about with the hypnosis. If you are still interested, go to Itunes and download (free) the hypnosis podcast (it falls under the category 'self-help') by Michael White. It's very entertaining and relaxing. In particular, the podcast 'Broccoli!' concerns itself with a certain kind of food choice you make while dieting!
I'm loving Itunes these days. If you don't know how it works, get a teenager or even a middle schooler to get you started. Buy some CDs to burn. There are a bunch of fitness podcasts.
Even if there isn't a teenager around to help, through trial and error, you can kind of figure it out. The help dialogues aren't as helpful as I'd like....
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-07, 07:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I just saw this question-yes I was hynotized on March 23, 2006 and lost over 90 pounds then started Atkins. My hypnotist taught? to eat natural foods, no sugar, no bread, chips candy cake etc. Eat meat if you like, eat vegies and some fruit. I still can't eat any bread or I will get sick-even if I just bring it to my mouth I will start feeling sick. The one I went to-Dr. Flora comes to my area 2 times a year and has a 1 year money back gaurantee. I think it was well worth the 65$!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-07, 19:49

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevsmama
I just saw this question-yes I was hynotized on March 23, 2006 and lost over 90 pounds then started Atkins. My hypnotist taught? to eat natural foods, no sugar, no bread, chips candy cake etc. Eat meat if you like, eat vegies and some fruit. I still can't eat any bread or I will get sick-even if I just bring it to my mouth I will start feeling sick. The one I went to-Dr. Flora comes to my area 2 times a year and has a 1 year money back gaurantee. I think it was well worth the 65$!

Is this the guy you see?
http://floraclinics.com/
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 04:56

Plan: pp
Stats: 179/179/140 Female 5"5'
BF:
Progress:

Well i did not make it to the seminar.. But they have it real often i was told. I have Restless Leg Syndrom and am trying to cut out my sodium intake .. I found a site that said it was caused from high amounts of sodium.. I am now having to eat things that have sodium natural in them.. man it is hard to find anything without excessive amounts of sodium.. thanks guys and dolls.. sharthejoy
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 06:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

CindySue,yes that is the guy.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 11:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 189/175/138 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 27%

Have tried it — 3 sessions earlier this year. I felt wonderfully relaxed. I wanted him to give me an aversion to various foods — carbs, of course — but the hypnotist concentrated on telling my subconscious that I only wanted to eat as much as my body needed, and only natural, healthy foods that were good for me. Cost me £270 ($550). Waste of money. I was convinced I needed that extra boost, or I'd never have done it. Plus the hypnotist was recommended by someone I work with who had been cured of a phobia by him.

I'd say only try hypnosis if you're really curious and can afford whatever it costs.

On the other hand, years ago someone once lent me a weight loss audio tape which was fantastic. Lost 10lbs in four weeks without trying, though I had to listen to it every night — and that tends to get boring.

Clarabel
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 11:50
Registered Member

Smile tape for hypnosis

This reminds me that I went to a 'stop smoking / lose weight with hypnosis' lecture at my place of work years ago. It didn't work for me or the person I went with. I think that the room, the people (it was a pretty large group) were too distracting. But the man who gave the lecture gave everyone a tape, according to the habit they wanted to quit.
Something happened to my tape and I never used it. I do think you would have to use it regularly to reinforce your resolutions.
I had what seemed to be a short hypnosis session in a small dark room with maybe 4 other women years ago when I went on a very low-calorie diet. It WAS effective. I think eating a very low-calorie diet is hard but that session helped a lot.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-07, 13:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharthejoy
Well i did not make it to the seminar.. But they have it real often i was told. I have Restless Leg Syndrom and am trying to cut out my sodium intake .. I found a site that said it was caused from high amounts of sodium.. I am now having to eat things that have sodium natural in them.. man it is hard to find anything without excessive amounts of sodium.. thanks guys and dolls.. sharthejoy

After I cut out sugar my RLS stopped completely. Now the only time I have problems is if I have had sugar (even small ammounts as addtives in food can trigger it). I can occasionally have grain products with no problem but cane sugar or HFC is a sure way for me to suffer.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-07, 05:16

BF:
Progress:

Realy .. WOW... Sugar as well.. I dont eat sugar for the most part.. I know it is in alot of products as well.. I will keep an eye out for sugar on the labels as well as sodium.. I actualy was not bothered last night with my RLS for the first time, But, after i went to sleep i had PLM wich i have not been able to see any results yet.. Periodical Leg MOvement.. I kick like a mule my boyfriend says.. I hope to get that under control as well.. I have to take Requip every night.. I dont like it at all.. thanks sharthejoy
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 14:02

Plan: induction
Stats: 330/325/230 Male 75
BF:
Progress: 5%

I use it right now. I use CDs about two times a week.
Low carb CDs are available.
Its very soothing and seems to help me feel more like sticking with the diet.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 15:00
Registered Member

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john8750
I use it right now. I use CDs about two times a week.
Low carb CDs are available.
Its very soothing and seems to help me feel more like sticking with the diet.

I don't see any spelling mistakes....
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 04:36

BF:
Progress:

JKMFrog, do you have PLMS as well? Getting off the sodium has realy helped my RLS, but i am finding i still have to take the requip for the periodical leg movment problem. I kidk like a mule at night , so my partner says.. lol.. Just wondering if in time getting off of salt will help that problem as well.. thanks for all the post.. sheila
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 13:34

Plan: induction
Stats: 330/325/230 Male 75
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathmaniac
I don't see any spelling mistakes....

Thanks, guess I just got lucky.
I still have a low IQ.
Good to meet ya.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-07, 07:01

Plan: ex kimkins
Stats: 263/190/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

I tried hypnosis years and years ago was taught self hypnosis which required reinforcement about every 3 months by a professional you reinforced like many times a day....To make a long story short the hypnotist asked if you were a head person or a heart person...He said usually a head person doesn't allow the hypnotic suggestions in..Well to make a long story short..I said I was head person and walked away dejected but lo and behold it worked..and I lost weight on it successfully but like a lot of things in life that are good for you I never followed up..At the time it was very expensive and I was very poor..In the meantime I found out I was heart person and make my decisions with my heart my my intellect..
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 07:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 516/478/185 Male 5'11'
BF:
Progress: 11%

I went to a hypnotherapist for about three months and found it to be an overall positive experience. It worked great for reducing stress and relaxation. The only negative was that my hypnotherapist was very much against low-carbing, so eventually stopped going when I decided to start eating low carb.

I still use the relaxation exercises along with practicing self-hypnosis and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programing). A really good book that provideds both hypnosis and NLP techniques for self-improvement is Change Your Life in 7 Days by Paul Mckenna.