Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 16:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/188/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 34%
Smile A breakthrough

So the other night, I was talking to my boyfriend in the UK and snapping some photos for him (cause he digs that) and while browsing the photos later myself, I had this realization.

I may be overweight, but I am loving my body more and more. In fact, I even called myself beautiful (which of course he agreed with, gotta love that!). It's the most amazing thing because I've been this weight before, in fact, the weight I am at now was once the highest I ever got and depressed me. I starved myself and worked out at the gym even more because I hated myself for getting fat. I never could lose weight so I hated my body and thought it was the worst body ever. It's amazing how things have changed.

Now, I'm so happy to be this weight. I know I have a way to go, but that's ok. This body is mine and I love it, completely and totally. I am happy in my mind and body. I'm no longer obsessing about losing weight. I'm more obsessed with eating well, feeling good and being happy. The weight coming off is just a bonus. It's so wonderful.

I swear, being on atkins has done more than just help me shed inches and pounds. It's completely transformed my life in every way imaginable.

My boyfriend is amazing too and if I get excited about losing or not or whatever, he's happy because I am happy. In fact, he even said he didn't care what weight I was as long as I don't lose my lovely curves (sooo awesome). He's supportive of my WOL all the way because it makes me so happy. In fact, when he gets here this fall, he can't wait to eat the way I do because I'm so incredibly happy and have energy all the time.

anyone else experience something like this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-30-10, 06:48

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I feel the same way. I am going to update my stats today, but truthfully I don't look use the scale. I am so happy eating this way and my entire way of thinking about myself has changed. I love shopping and I am more focused on what I DO instead of what I am going to EAT after work. Isn't it fun to love life and not worry about what you look like or what other people think of when they look at you? Keep up the great work and congrats! That is the mindset that will make US successful in life!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-30-10, 08:27

Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

mainly, it makes me feel like things are "in control" as opposed to "out of control" and going the wrong direction...

I know that over the long haul...I'm going the right direction, and since this isn't a permanent diet...I don't stress overly much about the slow moving scale...