Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-11, 05:04

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Justin, I'm jealous. I wish I could speak french. I'm currently trying to learn spanish and not doing so well. I think I'm past the age. The brain just can't seem to remember my first languarg english LOL

Down to 151 this morning!! It should have been 150 but won't complain. I think I may have had too much steak. It's hard for me to stop at 3. ounces.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-11, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Justin, I'm jealous. I wish I could speak french. I'm currently trying to learn spanish and not doing so well. I think I'm past the age. The brain just can't seem to remember my first languarg english LOL

Down to 151 this morning!! It should have been 150 but won't complain. I think I may have had too much steak. It's hard for me to stop at 3. ounces.

I'm jealous of your success! :P I'm still going up and losing hope. I was doing so well but I just love food so much. LOL Keep it up with the spanish, you'll get it. it's never easy to learn a new language, I'm currently learning Japanese and oh boy, it's hard.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 16:28

BF:

Love the picture Justin. I've wondered what you look like LOL. Just got home from work. I usually take the summer off but a great customer had a broken pipe and needed her walls repaired. It's easier not to eat when I'm busy. Plus hopefully I burned a few calories.

I'm hosting a family picnic on Saturday. I'll be cooking and cleaning tomorrow. I'm thinking of ribs. I wonder if I can start them in the crockpot tomorrow and then reheat them on the grill Saturday???? Think it will work?

SO what's up with you guys??
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 18:06

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Ribs are always good. I had a bottle of wine- Moscato. And, the whole bottle and a cup of noodle. So yum. I am getting so tired of people and angry. How do you curtail this? Anyway, I am sure that I am starting over when I get back from this trip. So, I will probably start a journal, too. I am so glad I have you guys.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 20:02

BF:

Yummy! I love ribs! Yesterday I had wings with calgary stampede BBQ sauce, was really good.

Saturday I'm putting my classic car in a car show, I'm having it buffed and waxed, it better not rain cause I'll be mad. LOL

Startinova, I felt like that last year when I was tired of everyone and just felt angry, even at myself. It's not easy but you know, I'm glad I have you guys as well! You rock!

Kelleygirl, that's fun about the walls though. It's easier to keep ourselves from eating when keeping busy. I know that I'm almost done at the house I was working at. However, ever since I started working there I've been eating carbs none stop, it's easier to eat LC when doing nothing. lol

Last edited by LC_Justin : Thu, Jul-21-11 at 20:50.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 06:04

BF:

Hey Startinova, what trip?? Work?? Pleasure?? Maybe it's just what you need. A change of pace can help one get out of a funk. I've been there but remember this shall pass. Did you ever think you have a right to be angry. Maybe it's them and not you and you've finally had enough!! Give um hell.

As for the wine, it's been 2 weeks with out one sip. The biggest problem I'm having is that I have way to much energy at night. Seems like it would be a good thing but I have a nervous energy and the wine helped me calm down so I could go to sleep. Now I've added 4 more hours to my day and I don't really like it. I'd rather be sleeping.

Justin, you will get back on track. You have done amazingly well. One thing I do find when working on construction sites is that I crave bread, or more like a sandwich. You burn a lot of energy and I think you body wants carbs for a quick fix. I think you should give yourself a cheat time such as a week more and then go back on program. You've been at it so long you may just need a break.

How do you guys make your ribs??
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 06:19

BF:

You're right and I won't give up!

I leave my ribs in a slow cooker for a whole day in the sauce of choice after roasting them a bit in a pan. Yummy and the the meat just falls off the rib!
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 09:45

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Definitely not a pleasure trip. It is a combo school/prof. developmental thing. Whateva. Happy to go and then again not happy to go. Ahhhhh, the ambiguity in my life. LOL!

Ok, I want ribs that fall off the bone, too. And, I want to start over again. I will be doing so when I get back from this trip. Have to put it off because I don't know what they will be serving. Breakfast and lunch I am at their mercy. But, dinner, no my own. I shall see.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 10:05

BF:

K, I need to vent.

I'm on my lunch hour, went to the grocery store... all the lines were full and I only had a few items, went to the 8 item express line and the OLD man infront of me had....gasp...15 items!!!! ARGHHH. LOL
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 15:55

BF:

Damn that old man!! Can't he count, or maybe once you get to a certain age you don't care.....or you really can't count LOL.

Startinova good to see you back. Too bad you're not going on vacation but make the most of someone elses dime. I hope they wine and dine you a little.

I just made potatoe salad from scratch for the first time in my life. I'm Irish and Irish can not cook. We can eat and we can drink. Well I followed the cook book and I hope it's good because I can not taste test. I'm not blowing it with only a week in a half to Mexico. If I am blowing it it will be on something really good like peanut butter and Chardonay. Although I like the idea of the noodles Startinova.

I've had the ribs in the crockpot for ten hours and the house isn't smelling yummy. I hope that doesn't mean somethings wrong. Shouldn't the house smell really yummy by now??
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 21:58

BF:

I'm sure your ribs will turn out great! Hey, I'm french and we're suposed to be great cooks right? HA! Almost burned down the house with Kraft dinner a few years ago. In all seriousness I'm a much better cook now!

Oh, forgot to mention...we're in a heat wave here and today when driving to work I saw this cute shirtless guy with the tan, the abs.. everything.. almost crashed my buick into another car. LOL
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-11, 04:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Justin
I'm sure your ribs will turn out great! Hey, I'm french and we're suposed to be great cooks right? HA! Almost burned down the house with Kraft dinner a few years ago. In all seriousness I'm a much better cook now!

Oh, forgot to mention...we're in a heat wave here and today when driving to work I saw this cute shirtless guy with the tan, the abs.. everything.. almost crashed my buick into another car. LOL

That's funny Justin. By the way what type of car are you showing??

I was trying to do things ahead of time so I cooked the ribs yesterday for todays party. Well, they are good but they fell off the bone. How the heck do I re-heat them and how do I serve them. It's more like soup. Good soup but soup. I may have to make another batch.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-11, 15:36

BF:

I'm sure the ribs will be good!

Okay, I was up on my feet for the whole day. From 8am to 5pm... I'm exhausted.. on the other hand, people liked my car at the festival. I was showing a fully restored 1986 Chevrolet Caprice.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-11, 07:27

BF:

Sounds like a fun time Justin. Was the festival a car show?

I survived my family picnic. Man, it's a lot of work to host a party. It was too hot to have it outside so we stayed inside, all 20 of us. I think everyone had fun and was well fed.

I came away with something valuable. It's better not to eat when there is so much food. Normally at buffets, picnic's etc, I pick while I'm cooking, I eat hordeuves, I eat the meal and dessert while drinking wine. I always feel bad afterward that I can't stop while the food is in front of me. I made myself my 500 calorie alotment and put it aside. I only ate that. No one seemed to notice and I stayed in control. No temptation to begin bingeing. I lost 2 pounds!!! Hehe I'm giddy.

Not so giddy about the clean up that needs to be done.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-11, 07:38

BF:

Whoohoo! Congrats, it's not easy when there's so much food. I'm happy for ya!

The festival had all sorts of events... anything from classic cars to rodeos, lumberjack competitions... ect, fun times. 80's band Loverboy was also part of the festival. all in all, everyone had fun!