Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 19:50

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%
Unhappy :( some encouragement pleeease

I totally binged.....I went downstairs, after 3 hours of writing my term paper, and I ate lima beans, then a spoonful of mashed potatoes, evil evil mashed potaoes!! , then a bowl of mashed potatoes, then some bread, then a doughnut........
I've been struggling with anorexia and bulimia for almost two years. I always think I have it under control and then I mess up. It happens like every month. Why did I eat so much. I didn't even enjoy it. It was like I was stuck in the kitchen or something!
I really wanted to do good this week and lose some more weight, I've been stalled for a while now.
I should probably stop whining. I'll just drink lots of water and work out tonight and go back to 20 carbs a day.
Sometimes I think I'll NEVER get there.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 20:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Kaela,

You've just proved, yet again, that carbs are truly addictive. Nasty fellers.

Without a journal to give me some clues, I can't help wondering if you've been eating enough. Sometimes if you are not feeding your body enough, it just goes berserk and demands food. Now!

My other suggestion is when you feel that urge for carbs, eat some protein. It seems to help.

Have you read Razzle's "After you cheat" sticky here? It might help you to feel a bit better about things.

I hope you are able to get back on track and start to feel a bit happier.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 10:08
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

:hug: Hiya! Hope you're feeling a bit better. I've struggled with EDs, too, and low carbing has really helped keep obsessions at bay. It has also helped my moods tremendously, even through cheats. "Once in a while" is far better than "all day, every day." Good luck getting back on track, but don't sweat the 'mess-ups'. It's about making good choices most of the time, not perfect choices all the time.

...and good luck on your paper.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 19:35

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%
Wink

Thank you guys, you made me feel a lot better. It's not really that big of a deal. I got weighed at the Dr. today and it said I was down two lbs, but I don't like to use the scale cuz it moves for no reason, I think it's possessed. I think I can't spell. lol
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 20:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

Quote:
It's not really that big of a deal.

An eating disorder is not that big of a deal?

That statement is the disease talking. Always trying to please, not knowing how to handle your own feelings and making everything seem just fine when your a churning ball of anxiety. Then, using food as the drug to make everything go away. Which, as you know, it doesn't.

While low-carbing helps the physical aspects of the disease, it doesn't quite touch upon the emotional and spiritual facets unless you choose to go there. It's not a cure for an ED, but it's part of the process of recovery.

Karen