Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 00:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default a little holiday away from atkins...

I've just been through all the recent posts and I am so happy everyone is doing well and happy and cheat free...
But come on everyone can't be!!!

I have slipped off completely, I just had a bowl of cereal for my breakfast (I can hear the gasps of horror)

I know I can do it, but I need a little holiday from the whole thing;;;;

am i doomed?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 00:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/163/120 Female 63
BF:34%/29.4%/19%
Progress: 40%

From what I've read in previous posts...
no...

Just begin where you left off and consider it done. THat's what I've done. =0) GL!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 00:34

Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Holiday from what?
Holiday from a healthy lifestyle?

Planned cheats are one thing, but just giving up - just well...... that's eating a diet that made you unhappy?

There are so many foods I can eat on this WOL, that I don't always need to be strict. Just as long as I am eating low carb.

Just my thoughts.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 05:01

Stats: 171/163/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Ruthy- I ate some ice cream last night and wayyy too much whipped cream ; )
I don't call it cheating, it's just a detour on this lifelong road...
but now I will just resume eating LC eating and not beat myself up over it.
No one's perfect
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 06:15

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Nope, not doomed. I found I can add things that most here don't and still loose, BUT it's because I've found out my body can handle it.

Since we're eating this way for LIFE, heck, everyone needs a treat now and then, and IF you can handle it, I say WHY NOT. But, once that treat is over, it's back on track.

I know a few people here have posted that they treat themselves on a certain day of the week and it works for them. Yes, you can go by the book, yeah, you can fuss that this person isn't doing things like they should, BUT...if you're going to eat like this for life, you have to find what works for you!! If having a treat once or twice a month keeps you eating more healthly, AND it doesn't bother weight loss or cause you to binge, then I say WHY NOT!!! As long as it helps you stick to things better.

While a lot of people here are satisfied eating like this all the time, there are others who see it as being deprived, because that's the way we were brought up. And it causes negative attitudes or an easy "I'm tired of eating this way" mentality. It happens, people just have to accept that some people can treat and not binge and then get back on, but some cannot. The ones that can, well, I say go for it.

Ok, off my soap box, for now.

Last edited by LisaAC : Wed, Oct-04-06 at 06:20.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-06, 06:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%

Yeh I do feel a bit deprived, but I can't ever imagine being 210 again, well i really wouldn't want to be and I know it works but it's a little bit shall I say, boring?!!

I have never got into the mind set it's for life really, I really admire people that have it straight in their mind. My mind is saying to me, you better have loads of cake today cause you are never going to get a bit again!!!! crazy person.

Thanks for all your comments, i come on this to help me and it does.!!