Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-15, 17:32

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

NY strip steaks, Kale cooked with bacon and yellow squash with butter, all fresh from the farmer.
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-15, 07:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Little Me- yum, i love Greek!
in re: shirataki, they are awesome in some things (I think) but definitely don't work with say marinara.
i like them in soups, stirfrys, and pasta salads that have a vinegar dressing. Oh, they also work well peanut sauce.

the soup seemed to do the trick- my headache is gone and i feel much less weak, so i am pretty sure i was just low on sodium

for tonight, i have a cooler packed for when i reach my hotel- tomorrow is a BIG race day!

sf orange marmalade/soysauce/rice vinegar/sesame oil chicken with broccoli. yum!
  #213   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-15, 17:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 300/284/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Spaghetti with meat sauce: no carb spaghetti sauce (Walden Farms), ground beef, spaghetti squash, parm. cheese.
I do one part meat, one part sauce to get all the protein in.
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-15, 17:27

Plan: <20 net, <1518 cals
Stats: 351.5/230.2/165 Female 5'11"
BF:5’11”
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
in re: shirataki, they are awesome in some things (I think) but definitely don't work with say marinara.

I actually like them with marinara or meat sauce. I've tried the angel hair and fettuccine and would definitely prefer the fettuccine over the angel hair with that kinda sauce. The angel hair kinda clumped together and was hard to sort out.
  #215   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-15, 17:29

Plan: schwarzbein (hybrid)
Stats: 209/200/140 Female 62.5
BF:
Default Dinner

This looks like a good place to get some ideas for dinner. There are some yummy-sounding meals posted here. So here's my contribution if anyone is interested.

Last night for dinner: I sautéed together some sausage, chopped onions, garlic, and broccoli until onion was translucent. I put it all in a casserole dish, covered it with shredded cheddar cheese, poured 4 eggs beaten together with about a 1/2 cup of cream and some salt and pepper over the top, and baked it till golden. It was very good.

Tonight, we are having guests, and on the menu is swiss steak, a zucchini slaw salad, and broccoli with cheese sauce. For dessert, I made a lemon cheesecake pudding. I may even indulge in a glass of wine... ! We live in an area of numerous wineries with some VERY good wines, so we go tasting on occasion and bring home a bottle or two just for this kind of occasion.

Bluekat
  #216   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-15, 23:40

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Mmmm. Swiss steak. I haven't had that since I was a kid...my grandma used to make that.
  #217   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-15, 00:00

Plan: schwarzbein (hybrid)
Stats: 209/200/140 Female 62.5
BF:

Swiss steak, mmmm, it turned out very good. I browned the meat in a skillet and transferred to the crockpot (I love the crockpot!) So tender. The cheesecake pudding was great, too. First time I've made it, and I'll definitely be doing that again. Actually, the zucchini slaw was good, as well. I'm practically swimming in zucchini so I will make that again. I have had to find a variety of zucchini recipes since just one plant will produce so many of them; always lots of zucchini this time of year.
  #218   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-15, 07:55

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Last night - chicken breast sauteed in bacon fat and mixed with hot sauce, kale avocado salad
Tonite - thick slices of ham and zucchini, mushrooms, and peppers - all done on the bbq
  #219   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-15, 08:15

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

on sunday, when i picked up my pooch from my parents after being at a race this weekend, mom had made a huge thing of chicken marsala for me. extra mushrooms, and freshly shaved parmesan. YUM! awesome dinner last night.

saturday- post race feast (second hardest i have EVER done)-- bloody mary. i needed sodium and pottasium, and booze to ease the pain
side salad with blue cheese
fish of some type of white fish with aioli and parm crust
late snack- leftover chinese broccoli that boyfriend had made, that was in hotel fridge, plus champagne in the hot tub

night before race: MD crab soup (skipped potatoes- rest was just seafood/veg- no peas or corn)
chicken cheesesteak insides
side salad with blue cheese
water, water, water!
  #220   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-15, 09:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5 3"
BF:
Progress:

YUMMY Robin!!!!!
  #221   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-15, 09:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5 3"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfat
my famouse plate
those peppers can make toughest guy cry.

#222   ^
Old Tue, Jul-14-15, 15:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Y'know what I love about this thread? It shows how you can be a LCer and learn to make quick, easy meals without being a chef and without it turning into a fancy HGTV show. This is the kind of thing I wish I could convey to newbies who dread the idea of cooking. Don't look for recipes: look to teach yourself some basic cooking techniques, and then have fun with what's available to you. And hey, there's nothing wrong with already-prepared products. Whatever keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Robin, I hear you on the heat and humidity. I actually like it, but that combined with TOM and I've had leg and foot cramps the last few nights. Chicken broth isn't too appealing in the heat. I think I'll pick up some V8, though. I don't like caesars, but maybe I'll make one since I have some celery salt and I guess I need it.

Anyhoo... tonight's dinner is a beef roast I cooked in the crock pot overnight. Sandwich for SO, and I'll probably just have it as a salad with some lettuce and swiss chard from my garden.
  #223   ^
Old Thu, Jul-16-15, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:

Lamb chops drizzled with the last bit of raspberry balsamic vinegar in the bottle, that added such a great touch! Need to get some more soon. Plus a salad made with yogurt & garlic scape dressing.
  #224   ^
Old Thu, Jul-16-15, 11:49
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
... look to teach yourself some basic cooking techniques, and then have fun with what's available to you. ...

Thanks to the internet, youtube, and other resources - I've finally learned how to properly cook meat. For years -- decades -- I usually annihilated it. It was tough, dry, and less than appetizing. My family is reaping the rewards of my new found skills. They really enjoyed my dinner last night.

Once or twice a month we splurge on good quality steaks. Last night was steak night. They were seasoned and seared to medium/medium rare as good as any restaurant could do it. The steaks were tender, juicy, and wonderful. No sugary steak sauce required. I was hearing complements to the chef all evening.

The rest of the meal: black olives, a mixed veggie dinner salad with ranch dressing, carrot sticks and 4% fat cottage cheese. I also had a low carb yogurt for desert.

Isn't diet food just awful!

Last edited by khrussva : Thu, Jul-16-15 at 12:22.
  #225   ^
Old Fri, Jul-17-15, 17:11
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Isn't diet food just awful!

It's terrible!

Dinner tonight is leftover beef, cucumber slices, and pork rinds in front of the television while I watch baseball.