Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey Jess

Im doing good here, have my dance class tonight. I mailed U a few days ago so U would have had it by now. Ill post my email and U can try to get ahold of me however last time I did, it didnt come up so we shall see..lol gwilson38~yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 17:33

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 243/216/105
BF:
Progress: 20%
Wink IM SOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!

Your going to Dance Class, I miss those days soooooooo much Gwil!!!!!!!!!! Well, I'll just dream for now and get my weight down so I can do what I want to do!!!!!!!!!

I never got your email Gwil, just try emailing me directly instead of clicking on it here. Let's see if that works!!!!!!!

Hey everyone!!!!!!! How are ya??????? How's the weight loss????

Jessica
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 17:59

Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hey buddies

Hi everyone, hows it going. Going good here, lost 8 lbs my first week and now starting my second. How are you doing jess? Hows the excercising? I'm still doing excercising but now its much easier because the plant that I work at has installed a gym with the latest cardio and weight machines. Its through something called lifesteps that is incorporated through general motors. So nw on my lunch hour which is only 30 min. I go up and walk on the tread and on my last break at the end of the night I walk on the tread so all in all I walk about 2-3 miles per day. So I understand not having enough time because if it weren't for my place of work I'd be in a jam. gwil how are you? My mom has fibro so I know what its like. Hows the dancing? Your weightloss is amazing, I hope I lose like you with no stalls. I would like the recipe for the hashbrowns (zucchini) and a cheesecake recipe. Has anyone tried the atkins cheesecake? I cant get myself to like the atkins bars, just somthin about em I just cant take. Anyway hope everyone is wonderful, Hope to hear from ya Sabrina
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 21:34

BF:
Talking wow

That's great your job has a gym!!!!!!!!! I wish mine did!!!!! I get Water Aerobics in when I'm not working, I'm going to step up my Exersice considerably to boost my weight loss. I'm planning on joining a gym I think. I have to!!!!!!!!!

I know seeing all the beautiful bods around me will motivate me more, then I will go back to Dance Class once my weight is Down. Dancing is the Best Work Out!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, untill tomorrow my fellow Carb Kids**************

Jessica
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 12:28

BF:
Unhappy HOPE I'M NEVER ONE CONSIDERED TO HAVE FLEW THE COOP

Ya know, being a Carb Addict there's always that little tint of Fear in Me that one Day I will just Go balistic and go to the SuperMarket and load my cart up with every Pastry, Bread, Cookie ever invented to mankind.

Just like a Drug Addict taking it "One Day at a Time", well that's what I'm doing, only with food.

What's the Difference??????? Nothing, there Both ADDICTIVE, take over your whole sence ofself and make u hide. (I'm speaking 4 myself)

So, I just wanted to share this info with everyone because although I am doing so well, who's to say I won't jump off the Low Carb Bandwagon right now?????????
(Not that I want to, beleive me, I've come so Far) It's just when I'm having a bad day, I'm used to the Junk Food Stuff Comforting me. I guess we can only take it one day at a time, huh????!

Thankx 4 all your support out there!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 14:11

Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Jess, DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!

Ya better not jump off the wagon. When you get depressed get your but here and talk with us. Promise we'll cheer ya up and get your mind off of the food and hopefully get your mind off the problem. I have a membership to a gym as well, not coed of course, at least not right now, don't get me wrong I would love to see those HOT,SWEATY,SIX-PACK ABS, pumping iron its just that when i do I want to be able to strut my ----!!!!! We do have a gym that just opened up strictly for women that even has a daycare. GREATTTTTTT!!! That's my problem alot, don't have a sitter. It's called Lady of America and they are supposed to be all over, so keep an eye out. Talk to ya soon Sabrina
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 17:15

BF:
Unhappy That's my prob Sabrina**********

There's this new awesome Gym (LA FITNESS) that just opened up near my job and it has everything!!!!!!!! Problem is that it's in the Center of Fort Lauderdale and people here are sooooooo vein and shallow. They are all beautiful and in shape allready when they join the Gym. Not like me where I HAVE TO GET IN SHAPE. I have a complex, beleive me.

I really want to join this Gym. I think we have Lady of America, that might be a better option for now. I'll see.

Oh, don't worry, my Depression will subside. This Diet is the Only thing right now I have Control over. Not my personal life, work, or Social Life. They all suck right now, but I'm losing weight!!!!!!! He he!!!!

Thankx 4 your concern. Love u all******

Jessica
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 17:23
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile

hi Jessica,...Depression is normal,...you just have to be stronger then it is and move on...your doing great hang in there...and have fun at that new gym girl
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 19:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Moca - I know exactly what you mean! I went into a supermarket in Lauderdale once - no harried tee shirt and shorts shoppers there. Everyone was dressed up - I couldn't believe it - dressing up to go to Publix???
Anyway, another thing I noticed is that they were all like a size 2, tanned, and not a facial wrinkle anywhere.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 19:23

BF:
Wink UHHHHHHH,

Thank you!!!!!!! You nailed Lauderdale/Miami right on the Head!!!!!!! That's the type of people around me. All Beautiful. I am very cute it's just my body that is Fat. When I lose weight I will fit in fine Here. I vowed to not be Fat anymore once I lose this weight.

I know looks aren't everything, but in the Music Business you need to be Beautiful, especially a woman!!!!!!!! (I'm a singer/songwriter, Musician)

So, Good Luck Everyone and Happy eating!!!!!!!!!

Jessica
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 20:20

BF:
Talking HEEEEEEYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Just saying Helloooooooooooo to my fellow carbees. I wanted to hear from other CARB Addicts Like Me!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fighting the cravings right now, just came back from the Grocery Store and saw these Chocolates I REALLY wanted!!!!!!!!!! White Chocolate, Fudge, ect..................

Gosh did I want to buy them but I didn't, I'm here typing instead.

Don't let me give in Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:36

Plan: Atkins/Insulin
Stats: 228/214/147
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Ketosis sticks

Hi everyone! I am brand new on this site! I'm not really sure how it works..I wrote in another room and noone wrote me back...am I confused? My main question is that I have really been strict with my carbs and I mainly eat fruit and veggies...I don't eat meat! My ketsosis sticks aren't changing colors. It's been 8 days and 9 pounds...any idea on what my problem is?
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:39

BF:
Default huggs Jess

Sorry U are having some cravings....go to the fridge right now and eat something with protein and high fat. U wont be hungry then and the cravings should subside
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:41

BF:
Default Hi Snook

Did I read it right? U dont eat meat? If so thats likely why U arent in Ketosis because U arent eating enough protein-fat. BUT U have lost weight so what ever U are doing seems to be working
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 21:46

Plan: Atkins/Insulin
Stats: 228/214/147
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Am I doing something wrong?

Gwilson, am I doing something wrong? It looks like you know what your doing! HELP!! My sticks won't turn!