Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 21:55

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Lightbulb I need CM ideas...

I have (like everyone else) a very busy schedule, and lately I've just not been bothering with CMs and just eating my RM once a day. I really don't think that this is healthy, I do think it has a slowing effect on metabolism, and I also probably eat more at RM than I would otherwise. I've been skipping CMs partially because I just don't know what to eat. Could you please tell me what you eat for CM? I need some sample menus
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 04:12

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hi Sango--I posted a Hearty Breakfast Quiche recipe under the thread "Milk/Cream" that might be interesting to you. You can find the Heller's original recipe under that thread (from the CAD cookbook). I eat this for cm most days, and it has made me very happy.
Now--I've "tweaked" the daylights out of this recipe lately to make it just like we want it, and the best to my fam, so far is to make it this way...
CAD CM QUICHE (Double batch)
Spray 9x13 glass baking pan with olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 325
1/2 cup heavy cream
6-8 oz. cheddar cheese (grated or shredded)
2 cups diced fresh mushrooms
1 cup diced fresh cauliflower-lightly steamed to undercooked (or 8 oz. frozen-thawed and diced)
dash dried basil
paprika to taste
ground black pepper to taste
4-5 eggs lightly beaten
16 oz. pkg. frozen spinach--thawed and water squeezed out
chopped-cooked bacon of your choice
In a med (about 3 qt.) saucepan, heat cream to hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat and quickly stir in half the cheddar cheese. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Add eggs, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add spices, and mix well. Add veggies, and mix well. Pour into well sprayed baking dish, and bake until starting to slightly brown around top edges (50-60 min).. Top with remaining cheddar and bacon, and return to oven long enough to melt the cheese and crisp the bacon.
This makes 8 svgs--and cuts well into serving squares when cooled slightly. You can pack this in individual "to go" dishes to make a quick easy and portable meal. Only takes about 10 min. to get into the oven, and will help with cms for several days... Hope this helps a little, and hope you will try and enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 09:23

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Thanks for the recipe! As soon as I get my kitchen unpacked I want to give it a try
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 04:48

Plan: Shangri-La Diet
Stats: 316/217.5/154 Female 67"
BF:60/36/24
Progress: 61%

I make a protein shake and have that for breakfast. I add Konysyl for fiber, since I don't have veggies with the shake. I find that the shake lasts with me quite a long time.

Here is a link to the recipe:
http://lowcarbeating.infopop.cc/6/u...14&m=2986033414

Last edited by kokle : Tue, Sep-16-03 at 04:49.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 10:20

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Feel free to look at my journal but unfortunately I am not at all creative with my CM's. I tend to eat the same stuff over and over. For me, the CM's are just just basically "filler" to get me through the day. I don't really care about them all that much anymore. I eat a lot of eggs for breakfast, sometimes bacon or sausage on the weekend. I eat mostly salads with chicken for lunch, sometimes subbing salmon or other meats for the chicken. And that is about it really, but there are lots of great recipes on the forums. Just be careful that you make sure they are CAD-friendly since a lot of them are geared towards Atkins.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 20:22

Plan: I am a leaf on the wind
Stats: 290/275/195 Male 5.11
BF:a mess of it
Progress: 16%
Talking heres an easy one...

...if you like salads that is! I eat this stuff 5 days out of 7.

japanese style salad (sorta)

protein: poached/baked chicken breast or firm tofu, diced (however much protein you require)
wild salad greens or finely shredded napa cabbage: 2 cups washed and drained(I use organic wild greens from PCC in seattle)

dressing:
1.5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil
tsp soy sauce
tsp toasted sesame oil
salt & pepper

toss dressing with other ingredients right before eating.

I usually go with the tofu instead of the chicken breast...no cooking!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 02:11

Plan: Sugar Busters to Atkins to CALP to The Stephanie Diet :)
Stats: 163/141.8/128 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi Sango

I can also really recommend The Carbohydrate Addict's Cookbook, which you'll find in any online bookstore. I got mine a few days ago, and I've been drooling ever since. All the recipes are suitable for cm's. I've only made one so far but I'm planning to try at least one new recipe a week for a while - you can check my journal for some recipes. There are lots of meals in the book which will last for several days, which is useful if you don't have much time to prepare food during the day.

Regards and good luck,
Stephanie.

Last edited by newcarbgir : Wed, Sep-17-03 at 02:13.