Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/183/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Peanut Butter

My peanut butter at the house says it has 6 grms of carbs and 3 grms of dietary fiber. When I look up the carb count on peanut butter on this site it is way off the chart...whose right?

My peanut butter is Peter Pan , the smooth kind.

thanks,

parrot
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 14:07

Plan: High Protein
Stats: 155/152/135 Female 65 inches
BF:I think it's 28%
Progress: 15%
Default change the portion

on the carb counter - it defaults to grams - select "2 teaspons" (etc) and you'll see the difference
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 14:09

Plan: High Protein
Stats: 155/152/135 Female 65 inches
BF:I think it's 28%
Progress: 15%
Default woops!!

sorry - it is "serving size" and change it to "tablespoons" - that is if you're using the carb counter on this webiste (click on the food for the breakdown/detail and then you'll see what i'm talking about)
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 17:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/132/119 Female 5'2"
BF:48%/a lot/16%
Progress: 88%

Does it have sugar added? I wouldn't eat any that wasn't the all-natural no sugar kind while low-carbing.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 22:20

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power Plan
Stats: 282/245/160 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes!
Progress: 30%

I find that Adams is the BEST peanut butter-no additives. Also, look and see in your local grocery store if they have the fresh peanut butter grinder.. That stuff is SOO good!
Peanut butter is my weakness.. Better then Chocolate!

Last edited by Ronell : Wed, Aug-20-03 at 22:30.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 22:28
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 182/177/135 Female 64"
BF:a ton
Progress: 11%

Check the label, but I'm pretty sure your Peter Pan has sugar added. Look for the kind you have to stir and refrigerate.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 22:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257.2/252.8/165 Female 5'9"
BF:less than it was!
Progress: 5%

Smuckers has an "all natural" peanut butter now too. tastes great! PB is also my weakness.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:52
Registered Member

Stats: 145/138/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Here in the north west. Vancouver to be exact. We have a " Presidents Choice "generic brand of peanutbutter. It is organic has PER TABLESPOON..98cal:4.6gr.protein:7.9 fat:2.1 carbs:0.9 sugar:
I make a bread with soy protein ,soy flour, olive oil ,b.powder , eggs and cheese .It has about 1 gram carb per slice .recipe makes 31/2x 5"loaf,8slices per loaf.I will post the recipe if anyone would like .I don't want to post it if it has already been done .
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 13:59
Registered Member

Stats: 162/156/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:
Default bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippa26
Here in the north west. Vancouver to be exact. We have a " Presidents Choice "generic brand of peanutbutter. It is organic has PER TABLESPOON..98cal:4.6gr.protein:7.9 fat:2.1 carbs:0.9 sugar:
I make a bread with soy protein ,soy flour, olive oil ,b.powder , eggs and cheese .It has about 1 gram carb per slice .recipe makes 31/2x 5"loaf,8slices per loaf.I will post the recipe if anyone would like .I don't want to post it if it has already been done .

SERIOUS...ONLY 1 GRAM PER SLICE!! I WOULD LOVE THE RECIPE. I'M NOT ..... AT ALL....A GOOD COOK, SO BREAD MAKING SOUNDS DANGEROUS FOR ME BUT I'LL TRY.
BY THE WAY , I HAVE THE CUTEST LITTLE DOG NAMED "PIPPA". I GOT THE NAME FROM THE MOVIE "STORM OF THE CENTURY" BY STEPHEN KING. THERE WAS A CUTE LITTLE GIRL ON THERE WITH THAT NAME.
WELL ANYWHO......WOULD LOVE THE RECIPE.....THANKS AHEAD OF TIME AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!
BUMP
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 15:14
Registered Member

Stats: 145/138/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi bump! you may have to change that name as you will not have any when you reach your goal weight!!LOL. I have not read Stephen King books ,but I'm glad you like my name.
Now, here are 2 recipes for you and they are soooooooo easy.
Place in a bowl 1/3 cup soy flour:1/3cup soy protein(it is also a flour 0 carbs)2 eggs: 1/2 teas.b.powder
2 tbs olive oil: 2 tbs.sour cream:1/2cup grated cheddar. mix all
ing.together .put into WELL buttered small loaf pan and bake for 25min at 350 degrees voila!! bread! now I think there may be a tad over 1 gram of carb but not enough to worry about.We should not eat a whole loaf each day I'm thinking.
The second recipe is as follows, use same method.
1/4 cup flax seed meal 2 tbs pecan flour(I used finely ground walnuts)1/2 cup soy protein:2 eggs:1 teas.b.powder:1/2cup heavy cream:1/4cup soda water(recipe says seltzer?)bake as cheese loaf.
I love these recipes they are not only low carb but all the soy and flax is great for my age group!I use BOB's Red Mill products now available in Safeway.
bon apetit! bump
Pippa

Last edited by pippa26 : Thu, Aug-21-03 at 15:21.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 07:11
Registered Member

Stats: 200/183/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 57%

Rechecked my peanut butter, Chunky Peter Pan. 6 grms and 3 grms fiber...but it has partially hydrogentated something or other and I know thats bad cause its a trans fat...oh well, i just stare at the jar and then go get on my Harley and ride...helps take my mind of peanut butter and chocolate.

parrot