Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1786   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 13:55
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 218.2/170.6/155 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Thanks Maryh, some of this feels so anti-climatic. Not as exciting as first time, but then, this isn't about excitement. It's about feeling healthy and good, and living longer.

Saw the 260s again this morning, for the first time since I ate my way up out of them in November. Yay, truly.

I am having a mini-whoosh these past several days, and want it continue for the entire week

Still have this goal of reaching as close to 220s as I can get by end of July.

We shall see.

Hi! I was wondering how many calories you eat to lose on CALP? I saw you mentioned 1700 and 1800 different times on your blog but wasn't sure how many you were eating now.

I read some of your blog. I've been in a similar way-- in that after I reached goal I lost some resolve/ motivation. It must be normal. I've re-gained some but we just have to keep going one day at a time. 😁
Sponsored Links
  #1787   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 14:52

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahna
Hi! I was wondering how many calories you eat to lose on CALP? I saw you mentioned 1700 and 1800 different times on your blog but wasn't sure how many you were eating now.

I read some of your blog. I've been in a similar way-- in that after I reached goal I lost some resolve/ motivation. It must be normal. I've re-gained some but we just have to keep going one day at a time. 😁

I have a daily limit of 1760, though sometimes I will eat my exercise calories as well. The first time I lost, I spent a lot of that time under 1500 calories, but since I'm losing on this, am continuing with this number for now.

thank you for reading some of my blog!
  #1788   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 16:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Nice to see someone new- HI!

Have a meeting tonight- but have no idea what they are serving (I think just dessert) so I had a really nice RM. Salad, grass fed beef chili with black beans and chipotle salsa, peppers and bread with butter for carb. Water to drink.

later-
E
  #1789   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 17:25
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
I have a daily limit of 1760, though sometimes I will eat my exercise calories as well. The first time I lost, I spent a lot of that time under 1500 calories, but since I'm losing on this, am continuing with this number for now.

thank you for reading some of my blog!

Thanks! When you lost weight with CALP before did you have to go to 1200 to get close to goal ?
  #1790   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 17:27
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Nice to see someone new- HI!

Have a meeting tonight- but have no idea what they are serving (I think just dessert) so I had a really nice RM. Salad, grass fed beef chili with black beans and chipotle salsa, peppers and bread with butter for carb. Water to drink.

later-
E

Hi! How many years have you been doing CAD/CALP? I'm starting to read the 1st Hour Power thread from 2005. Quite a bit of information /reading in this forum.
  #1791   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 17:32

Quote:
Hi! How many years have you been doing CAD/CALP? I'm starting to read the 1st Hour Power thread from 2005. Quite a bit of information /reading in this forum.

Somewhere back in the mid 1990s. I was on the yahoo list that the Hellers used to run. It didn't all click for me until 2011ish...yes, I am a slow learner.
  #1792   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-17, 20:04
Registered Member

BF:

I ended up with way too many calories today. Even CM meals maybe make my desire to eat higher. I may have ate close to 2800-3000 calories 😵

Tommarow my plan is 1 CM/ snack /lunch and 1 Reward meal. 1200 calories or so.

I decided not to update what I had for my Reward meal. It was lots of veggies and quite a bit of protein too.

This is only my 2nd day. Some people say it can take 1-2 weeks to get the cravings down.
  #1793   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-17, 05:28

Doing well, now to navigate the weekend successfully. Starting with tonight's rm, which I want to have be sensible!! So far I am consistently more than 2 lbs. lower than my weight by average last week!

breakfast this am - a small wedge of my spinach cheese casserole, 1 oz. half and half with my coffee.

lunch will be 1 cauli puff and another wedge of the spinach cheese casserole.

rm planned: salad with some cheese, a piece of fried fish, coleslaw and cornbread. black coffee.
  #1794   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-17, 05:31

Quote:
I ended up with way too many calories today. Even CM meals maybe make my desire to eat higher. I may have ate close to 2800-3000 calories 😵

Tommarow my plan is 1 CM/ snack /lunch and 1 Reward meal. 1200 calories or so.

I decided not to update what I had for my Reward meal. It was lots of veggies and quite a bit of protein too.

This is only my 2nd day. Some people say it can take 1-2 weeks to get the cravings down.

I have always found keeping a daily food journal, helped me identify my "more-more!" foods. Some things are just not easy for me to eat without then craving.

Fwiw, when I was down at 150, I was eating up to 1700+ calories a day to maintain. 1,200 is lowish and you don't want your body to think it needs to "protect" you since calories are low, and slow down your metabolism.

I personally found 3 days minimum to get back into swing, and a couple of weeks to feel solidly on plan.
  #1795   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-17, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
I have always found keeping a daily food journal, helped me identify my "more-more!" foods. Some things are just not easy for me to eat without then craving.

Fwiw, when I was down at 150, I was eating up to 1700+ calories a day to maintain. 1,200 is lowish and you don't want your body to think it needs to "protect" you since calories are low, and slow down your metabolism.

I personally found 3 days minimum to get back into swing, and a couple of weeks to feel solidly on plan.

I probably will try to calorie cycle with CAD as that has worked well for me in the past. It seems to keep the body guessing. There's a calculator from the Juddd diet that I've used before. 😁 I have found almonds to speed weight loss when eaten at the "Reward type Meal"

One Meal a day is starting to take off. Someone wrote a book on it and it came out the last of 2016. CAD is mentioned as well as the author's experience etc.
One meal a day is how Rachael Heller lost her weight or started losing.
  #1796   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-17, 17:14
Registered Member

BF:

Today I stuck to my plan!

Just after 1 pm I had a turkey burger with cheese, mayo and mustard. Mmmmm

For Reward meal supper

Wheat grass
Chicken ranch pizza
Chicken garlic pizza
Various candy treats
Peanut butter
Banana bread
  #1797   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 07:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/179.6/165 Female 5'6 1/2
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi all,

I am going to try CAD again...I figure 6th time MAY be the charm! I was doing atkins for a while, but I just don't think cutting out ALL carbs is the way to go...there are some good carbs out there, and to be able to eat them at RM is a good thing

I feel so good when I am following CAD, I just don't know why I choose not stick with it!

Guacamole...can that be eaten in small amounts at CM, or no? I think I remember the book saying that guacamole has to be saved for RM?

Thanks!
Heather
  #1798   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 07:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/179.6/165 Female 5'6 1/2
BF:
Progress: 57%

Ahna...did you lose your 70 lbs with CAD?
  #1799   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 08:44
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpah11
Ahna...did you lose your 70 lbs with CAD?

No I did it with bite counting. It's a legitimate way of accounting for food intake. There's new studies on it in the last few years or more. It's a way of counting calories even with the differences of food types.

Avocado on CAD Or CALP--- some people use it on cad or CALP with no problems, but it's not on the food list. Maybe it's. A Your mileage may vary type of thing. Different people are different how food effects them. Some can handle broccoli and others can't.

Last edited by Ahna : Sat, Apr-01-17 at 08:52.
  #1800   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-17, 08:47
Registered Member

BF:

3.4 lbs down! Yesterday was 1200+ calories And my cravings may be decreasing

168.2 lbs

The Heller's new book Stress Eating cure says that if you don't want to eat veggies you don't have to. But protein is mandatory.

Goal by next Saturday 166.6 lbs

Today is 1800 calories + We are going to inlaws

CM lunch/ snack

Turkey burger
Bacon
Cheese
Mayonnaise
Mustard

Reward meal (will count bites)

Beef Gelatin (45 grams protein 0 carb 0 fat)
Grilling meat
Chips
Cookies
Applesauce jello

Last edited by Ahna : Sat, Apr-01-17 at 08:58.