Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1681   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-17, 17:42
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
the people at the restaurant were so nice! I ordered the pasta with seafood- with no pasta and they also brought me a side of spinach. So I had shrimp, mussels and scallops in a white wine and garlic sauce with the spinach! It was great. I had a couple of bites of the dessert but I didn't really want it. Had a very small piece of bread and almost a glass of red wine.

Tonight made DH one of his favorite dinners- a casserole with frozen cheese ravioli layered with sauce, spinach , cheese and lots of browned Italian chicken sausage. It was terrific- I had a couple of the ravioli and he had lots. I will have it again on Monday. Made a salad too.
He's having chocolate too.
I'm here on the computer instead!!!

later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #1682   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-17, 03:29

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

That restaurant sounds so accommodating Eno!
Like it was no big deal to them at all to just leave out the pasta!

I do weigh myself every day also, I would probably get the shock of my life otherwise.
Up a good 12lbs from my status here, went up by 5lbs in a very short space of time, didn't lose it by not being on plan, then another 7 crept up slowly over the course of the year! I don't really think of weight in terms of pounds but stones.

Don't like admitting it but I'm not going to make it into a thing of shame, as then that would control me.
Tends to be creepy like that unless you get on top of it. I AM going to get on top of it; I did it before which helps to remember.
Looking forward to getting on top of it again! I'm much happier when I am.

Hope your all enjoying your weekend over there in the U.S!
  #1683   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 11:19

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

So I fiddled with the green enchilada chicken cauliflower casserole I linked to recently, added homemade ground sausage (made it with salt, pepper, fennel seed, ground cumin and some new Mexican chili powder), and used pepperjack cheese. OMG, this casserole is such a hit with my hubby (and with myself).
  #1684   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 00:34

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
So I fiddled with the green enchilada chicken cauliflower casserole I linked to recently, added homemade ground sausage (made it with salt, pepper, fennel seed, ground cumin and some new Mexican chili powder), and used pepperjack cheese. OMG, this casserole is such a hit with my hubby (and with myself).

That sounds really good Pat. I love that spice combo of salt, pepper, fennel seed, ground cumin and some new Mexican chili powder), and used pepperjack cheese. I need to save that. A lot of really good Italian sausage has fennel in it just ads an amazing flavor.
Thanks for posting.
  #1685   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-17, 07:46

BF:

I've never cooked with fennel seed before although I did try fennel the vegetable,- such a unique liquorice type flavour!

Must try this recipe also, although I'll probably have to alter the vegetable part to be low Fodmap!
Thanks for sharing it Pat!
  #1686   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-17, 06:13
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

good morning!

I'm making Cornish game hens tonight with brussel sprouts and salad and slaw- and pasta salad for DH.

I have cauliflower on my shopping list to make Pat's enchilada recipe - maybe this weekend.

I've been busy learning something new- crochet. Really fun once I got the hang of it.
Now we go into a couple of weeks of all kind of medical tests and doctors visits for DH- he feels good so I'm pretty optimistic that all is well.

Off for an early walk before the rain-
later-
E
  #1687   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-17, 08:37

Eno, fingers crossed that all testing turns out well.

have to say folks I am truly falling in love with this Instant Pot. We made a 3 pound chuck roast into Mexican pot roast (recipe by nom nom paleo, so a new one to us) in 35 minutes last night. The only prep was slicing onion, smashing garlic, making beef broth (in lieu of bone broth that I didn't have made), and cubing the roast. It does take a little (only a little) time to get up to pressure and then a short time to decompress after it is done, but this is so easy peasey.

What a god send for a busy working single woman, anyone with a large family, or working mom.
  #1688   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-17, 11:28
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

that sounds awesome. I have been watching the infommertals.

I cooked a chicken breast for CM lunch today using a technique from the foodlab.
salt and pepper the breast (I butterflied it first)-let sit for 30 minutes.Pat it DRY before putting in the pan.
Saute in olive oil without moving or flipping for around 5-7 minutes. Add butter- then flip it! Let it cook for 5-7 minutes.

It was browned and delish- had it over salad greens.

later-
E
  #1689   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-17, 04:37

Eno, that sounds good. Reminds me of my "coconut curry" chicken, where I just use coconut oil for the fat, season chicken with curry powder, and cover the pan, let it go, flip once. Enough of those flavors to make me happy
  #1690   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-17, 10:47

BF:

I'm taking notes Eno & Pat here!

Jeans are feeling awfully tight these days; much to my dismay!

Anyway; no moaning from me in 2017, just onwards and upwards and getting things in order and sorted. That's my attitude from now on!
  #1691   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-17, 17:59

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi,
I have been all over the internet looking for a forum for this diet. I was happy to find this one. It appears to be active. I read through a few posts and see a lot of interesting information. I am planning to start tomorrow. I am 41 and have finally become sick of the extra 40 pounds I am carrying. Enough is enough. I will admit I am a little afraid, but I hope this will work for me. The book makes everything seem easy. I sure hope it will be.
  #1692   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 07:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2017
Hi,
I have been all over the internet looking for a forum for this diet. I was happy to find this one. It appears to be active. I read through a few posts and see a lot of interesting information. I am planning to start tomorrow. I am 41 and have finally become sick of the extra 40 pounds I am carrying. Enough is enough. I will admit I am a little afraid, but I hope this will work for me. The book makes everything seem easy. I sure hope it will be.

Welcome. I remember the first time I browsed the book and said this makes sense, I will do this one.

I don't regret that decision!
You have an incredible inspiration available to you here - Enomarb not only lost the weight she needed (and a bit more), she has maintained for years. I did lose a chunk, but flunked maintenance (thankfully back before regaining all of it), so I am still learning
  #1693   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 10:48

BF:

Your welcome to the forum!

This is the only diet that's helped my issues also-
It helps to reduce your appetite and also helps so much to quench out of control food cravings.

It can be challenging in its own ways, I've struggled in different ways but
its the only solution to the life long problems I've encountered.

Wish you all the best with it.
  #1694   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 14:45

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Everyone. Looks like everyone is feeling better.

Welcome Hope. This is a great plan and it is wonderful for keeping the cravings at bay. I just recently returned to it. I was on it a over 8 months, yrs ago and I lost over 45 lbs. Not sure why I went off of it.

Not sure what is going but I started CAD in Oct, lost 6 lbs within a couple of weeks and the scale has not moved since. Granted getting the flu before Christmas and then with the holidays etc, I do see why the scale didn't move, but I have been on track since the first of Jan and still no loss. The only good thing is I have no cravings, which is huge for me. I am thinking it is either the CAD friendly soup at my CM that is preventing it or I am not balancing well enough at my RM. I know yrs ago when I was on it, I always ate a salad with my RM and I haven't been doing that. Salads are not very appealing when the temperature is below 0 and still is. I usually always eat veggies with my RM but maybe not enough and maybe I wasn't balancing quite good enough. I will try being more careful with balancing and eat my salad or 2 cups of veggies with every RM, and drop the soup at my CM and see what happens.

Eno, I saw your chicken recipe up above and had that for lunch today. The only thing I did different was near the end I thru in a bunch of spinach. Like you mentioned the chicken was very moist and delish.
  #1695   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-17, 16:31
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Welcome Hope!!!
I love CALP, and this website. I also read a lot of LC stuff and listen to LC podcasts to learn more. One of the best websites for info, IMHO, is the Diet Doctor. LC, Keto and LCHF info.
The more you learn the better you will stay on this plan.
Important to BALANCE your RM- and have great food to eat. Look at Pat's recipes- she's a very good cook!

Going out for dinner tonight- I plan on having a salad, fish and veggies, and dessert.
Tomorrow I'm making a shrimp/fennel/feta cheese/diced tomato casserole and will have dessert again. My friend is an amazing baker and will be bringing dessert. I'll have a bit when it's fresh and then let DH finish it all week! Also plan on a glass of white wine. I'm serving appetizers with the wine- carrots, hummus, cheese, olives, crackers. I'm going to stick with the olives and carrots and cheese.

Later-
E