Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 16:30

Plan: protein power
Stats: 155/155/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Question to Kristine

Hi there, I was just wondering how long it took you to lose the weight and how long you have maintained?
I guess I'm curious because we are statistically close on the weight chart thing below our name.
Oh yeah, did you PP or Atkins? I know they are close.
THANKS
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 18:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Greetings!

>>"I was just wondering how long it took you to lose the weight.."

Hmm... good question. *goes to fitday to check* Let's see... I was around 160 lbs last year at this time. I started watching what I ate after the new year, and decided to go low-carb in late February (if I remember correctly ). At first, I just started eliminating white flour and sugar, and I read Protein Power sometime in March, I think. I hit 135 in late May. So five months altogether, but it wasn't all on Protein Power. And there were lots of ups and downs in there.

>>"...and how long you have maintained?"

Since I decided back in June to stop trying to get down to 125. It's been up and down a bit, but not by more than 7 lbs. I'm at 138 right now.

>>"I guess I'm curious because we are statistically close on the weight chart thing below our name."

Cool! I went with Protein Power, but I recently bought and read DANDR. They're both good programs. I would suggest Atkins for anyone who's really 'psyched' and wants the extra boost that induction gives you. PP is a tad slower and gentler.

Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default thought I'd chime in...

Since I'm in this weight range as well!

I started Atkins in the beginning of October at 160lbs and right now I'm at about 137-138lbs. The first ten dropped in about three weeks and the rest have been slowly peeling off.

My only real snafu was a New Year's day binge (yuck) but I did a week of induction after that and lost the water weight I'd put on plus a couple pounds.

My goal was originally 125 and then I remembered that I haven't been 125 since I was 13! My best weight was probably in the low 130's my senior year of high school when I actually used to exercise.

Oh, and by the way, I've lost this twenty pounds with no formal exercise routine. I walk a lot (by virtue of living in Manhattan) and occasionally toss around my 8lb weights, but generally have just been eating differently.

With this said, I don't think I'm going to reach my goal (and the way I'd prefer my body to look and feel) without a solid exercise schedule.

Anyway, good luck, no more sug. I look forward to seeing your success.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 14:14

Plan: ProteinPowerLifePlan w/IF
Stats: 166/143/135 Female 62.5
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Thanks for answering!

I'm glad you both answered this question, as I'm curious myself.

I know this is going to be slow as molassas (at least, it'll feel like it!) - but I'm getting there.

My real ideal weight is also 125...but I haven't seen that in almost 11 years - so I'm just shooting for the weight I was at my wedding. I have no problem hitting 137 and continuing eating as I am now to see if more will drop off.

Come the next few weeks, I'll begin to incorporate a more regular program of exercise. It's been tough trying to figure it out, as I usually only have an hour or so in the afternoons (when kids are napping) to do something...and by then I'm not terribly motivated to do it! (no to mention the 99 other things that need to get done and act as an excuse!)

I followed Protein Power about 4 years ago. It took me from 155 down to 138 in about 5 or 6 months...then I got pregnant and couldn't even look at protein for at least 6 months. Keep in mind, that's including having a history of D-I-E-T-I-N-G a LOT. Also, that was with not much formal exercise.

It's taken me this long (2 kids later) to really really re-commit to this way of eating for the rest of my life. Hopefully with pregnancy #3 (in the future), I won't get so sick!

I look forward to MY OWN success! And all yours too!
-- Loretta
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 17:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Loretta: Funny you say that, because I just answered your other post about nausea and joked that maybe it's morning sickness.

Skamito: ditto. I walk everywhere because I have no car, but I never stick to an exercise program for long. It just seems like a drag. *sigh* I DO have to get back into resistance training, though... I was winded from carrying my groceries up the stairs, and that's the last straw.