Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-08, 13:44

Plan: Low Carb, IF
Stats: 160/141/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default sugar cookies

Is it possible to make sugar cookies w/ carbquik and splenda?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-08, 18:35
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'll share my collection of sugar cookie recipes with you! Sugar cookies are my favorites!

This one of Kevinpa's can be rolled out and cut in shapes, like real sugar cookies!

Kevinpa's Iced Sugar Cookies
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/l...ar-cookies.html

Cookie:
1 1/8 cup LC cake and cookie flour mix
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. diabetisweet
1 splenda quick pack
1/2 stick butter, chilled
1 large egg

In electric mixing bowl combine flour, soda, and sweeteners. Cut in chilled butter to form a crumbled dough. Mix in egg until firm dough is formed.

Form dough into a disk and roll out between 2 sheets of parchment to 1/8 inch thick. Refrigerate for 1 hour until rolled dough is easily cut with cookie cutters.

Cut out cookies and transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 8 to 10 min., or until the bottom edge of cookie starts to brown. Let cool.

Makes 18 cookies of varying sizes.

Icing:
1 cup powdered erythritol
2 Tablespoon not/Sugar
1/4 tsp. splenda quick pack
1 large egg white
3/4 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
food coloring...optional

Combine the dry ingredient in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the wet ingredients until icing is smooth and creamy. Ice the chilled cookies.

Note: this icing hardens on the cookie and has no cooling effect.
======================
These others are good, too, but I don't think the dough can be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters.

Lehgrad's "Lori's Snickerdoodles"

1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 stick or 1/4 pound
4 1/2 ounces almond flour, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons
1 cup granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons granulated Splenda (not liquid)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a medium bowl, beat butter on medium-high for about 30 seconds. Add about half the ground almonds, the 1 cup Splenda (or the liquid Splenda), the egg, vanilla, baking soda and cream of tartar. Beat until well combined. Beat in remaining ground almonds. Cover and chill in bowl for 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons Splenda and the cinnamon; mix well. Divide the chilled dough into 24-30 small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Roll them quickly and gently because the dough softens fast. Gently roll each ball in the cinnamon-Splenda mixture to coat and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350º 10-12 minutes until lightly browned at the edges. Carefully remove from pan to cooling rack or double layer of paper towels; cool.

Makes 24-30 small cookies
Can be frozen

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 83 Calories; 8g Fat; 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per serving: 79 Calories; 8g Fat; 2g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
========================================
Kevinpa's LC Snickerdoodles
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...ad.php?t=505546

Wet ingredients
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp splenda quick pack
1/4 cup powdered erythritol

Dry ingredients:
1 3/8 cups LC Cookie and Cake Flour Mix (see at end of this post)
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Topping:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbl diabetisweet or splenda
2 oz pecan halves (40 count)

Cream together butter, egg, sweeteners in electric mixer.
Combine dry ingredient and mix with creamed ingredients.
When dough comes together, refrigerate until chilled (about 2 hours).
When chilled roll dough into approx 1 inch balls and roll to coat in cinnamon coating and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Place pecan half in center of ball and press to flaten.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake 10 to 14 min or until golden and bottom edge starts to brown.

Cool and enjoy.

Yields 36 cookies, approx. 1/2 carb each
========================================
Tater_Head's Old Fashioned "Sugar" Cookies
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...d.php?t=503403:

1 1/4 cups almond flour
1 cup Splenda
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon butter flavored extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter, softened
sprinkle with splenda

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix almond flour with Splenda, sifting until well mixed. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg and then mix well with extracts and softened butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix really well.

Form dough into 24 small balls and space evenly on two ungreased cookie sheets (most cookie sheets will hold 12 cookies - 4 rows of three - very evenly.) Press moderately to flatten to a silver-dollar pancake size. If you choose, sprinkle liberally with granulated splenda, just as you would traditional "sugar" cookies.

Bake for approximately 8 minutes at 350°. They will slide right off the cookie sheet. Cool 5 minutes before eating.

Makes 24 cookies.
======================
Kevinpa's Carbquik Cake or Cookie Flour
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...ad.php?t=503403

1/2 cup Carbquik (55g)
1/4 cup wheat protein isolate 5000 (13g)
1 Tbs wheat protein isolate 8000 (8g)
1/8 cup almond flour (12g)
1 Tbs resistant wheat starch 75 (7g)
1 tsp Not/sugar

Thoroughly mix together above ingredients. Recipe can be increased and stored in an airtight container for future use. (Put it in the freezer!)

Makes 8 cups LC cake or cookie flour mix; 9 carbs in entire recipe.

Per 1 cup of flour mix: Cals 386.67, Cals From Fat 156.32, Total Fat 21.75g, Sat Fat 5.00g, Chol 0.00mg, Sodium 250.00mg, Potassium 0.00mg, Total Carbs 32.83g, Fiber 23.50g, Net Carbs 9.33g, Protein 35.00g.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-08, 11:36

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 191/182.5/150 Female 5`6"
BF:????
Progress: 21%

Thanks for the recipes Kisal!! I experimented for the first time with almond flour (I ground my own) - I made
Tater_Head's Old Fashioned "Sugar" Cookies

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...d.php?t=503403:

They were so good....they didn't really taste like a sugar cookie but more like a pecan sandie. I will definitely be taking a bag of these with me on Thanksgiving.

I'm attempting to attach a pic below, the recipe only made 12 instead of 24 as stated, unfortunately I only have 3 left - they are great with my morning coffee!

#4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-08, 12:25
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm glad you like them! Even though they aren't "exactly" like sugar cookies, they are still a tasty little treat. I want to try Kevinpa's recipe that you can cut out in shapes. I also have an old hc fudge recipe I want to try with a recipe for faux sweetened condensed milk that I got from Scott123. The milk recipe doesn't call for eggs, like the usual one you see floating around the web. Eggs just don't belong in fudge, at least not IMO!