Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-15, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/180/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Couch to 5K

I remember doing this program years ago. Has anyone ever heard of it? and if so, would anyone like to join me in the progress again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-16, 20:30
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 195/162/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

I have been using the C25K app. It's been good, especially when I remember that you can repeat workouts until you are adapted to them. I'd do it with you but I'm already in week six in the program.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-16, 05:08

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

It's a good program, seen friends do it in the past and do well.
That said, last year friends and I signed up for a 5k charity run. We meant to do the program, but didn't get round to it or any jogging or exercise so just turned up on the day and had a go. We did the 5k easily, and the others had good times (I was 40mins, which I is fine enough as a jogging time and know I could have gone faster if I'd known how far 5k was. I was about 200lb.
So I'd say just go and have a go! Go really slowly before you tire/get cramp. You might surprise yourself and just be able to do it!?!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-16, 17:18
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 195/162/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Without knowing the OP's fitness level (or elevation changes on the route), I'd not recommend just going and running a 5K. Better to go through a program like Couch to 5K and skip/repeat steps as needed to ramp up to avoid injuries.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 09:10

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 242/231/217 Male 6ft 3 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMama
Without knowing the OP's fitness level (or elevation changes on the route), I'd not recommend just going and running a 5K. Better to go through a program like Couch to 5K and skip/repeat steps as needed to ramp up to avoid injuries.

I'd concur with your comments. Once you've done a bit of jogging and especially once you've handled different inclines, 5K is relatively easy but straight-off the bat, it might be a bit much. I know what I was like when I first attempted a jog. It does take a lot of will power to fight through the mental barrier but its very fulfilling when you clock up a good run and still feel like you could go for more.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/143/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

I have been a "light" user of the App, but I am seriously up for a challenge. I know this thread began a LONNNGGG time ago, but if anyone is looking at starting a C25K challenge, I am game.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 15:34

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I started the program early in the year with an eye to running a 5k race this Spring, but I stopped when I started working in March (I do a two month gov't contract).
I intend to start up again when I'm done next week! So, targeting THursday, the 12th.
Shall we keep checking in here on this thread to stay accountable?