Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-05-06, 19:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 172/163/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:
Default lost 8 in 2 weeks, nothing this week?

8 lbs in first 2 weeks and now nothing. I haven't cheated and my ketosticks are deep purple? Any thoughts? Advice?
Thanks!
Paula
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 18:28

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Lightbulb

Hi Paula, Congratulations on your 8 lb weightloss that is really impressive. Just hang in there and your body will catch up with itself and you will start losing again. It's hard to be patient, make sure you are drinking enough water, believe it or not that stops weightloss if you are not drinking enough. Be careful of sugar alcohols, and franken foods. Otherwise then that just be patient and it will happen. Judy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 16:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 172/163/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the encouragement Judy! I do avoid sugar alcohols, except a little splenda for my tea. Buy the way, what are franken foods? I do eat a fair amount of bacon and sausage ( I wish there was no such thing as nitrates). I tend to eat 1 Atkin advantage bar per day. Hopefully this isn't harming my progress too much. This is my second time at this, the first time I cheated after a week and had 1 cheat day per week but it didn't work. Now 2 years later I'm past 3 weeks and haven't cheated and it feels great. I'm not hungry and definitely not craving anything.
Thanks again
Paula
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 10:14

Plan: Control Carb-own program
Stats: 188/163/125 Female 5ft  3.5 inches
BF:?
Progress: 40%
Talking

Hi Paula, Franken foods are all the processed low carb foods they have out there. I haven't found as many lately. Why don't you try and cut out your low carb bars for a week. Then you can see if that is what's doing it. I have heard many times that those make people stall. It's the sugar alcohols that they put in them. I know it sucks, but I even have noticed the difference with myself. You are doing a great job, keep up the good work. Don't focus on past failures just view this as a fresh start to do things right. Have a great day, Judy