Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 01:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.3/187.3/143.3 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Downunder - Natural Health Remedies

I think I might have a Candida Infection - I am suffering of all side effects (itching is driving me nuts). I have gone through this forum and read about a lot of people trying natural remedies eg. Oil of Oregano, Capryllic Acid, Acidopholus, Flaxseed Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract to mention a few...Anybody tried and has had success with this remedies downunder? Any success with this? Any comments will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 20:09

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:

i had CA a few years ago, and the extra supps cost me a small fortune. in the end, i just did the candida diet, which low carb is very similar to. if the itching is thrush, the best relief for this is to get a good quality yoghurt, dip a tampon into the yoghurt and use the tampon as normal. leave for maybe 30 mins. i swear this will be instant relief. keep using until symptoms have subsided.
it's really hard to get a doctor to believe in CA. i saw a guy near burwood, i will see if i can get his details for you, hang about.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 20:18

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/145/114 Female 161
BF:

meant to say, cut out all dairy except butter. don't have anything that has yeast in it (check sauces etc) and no nuts, a lot hav emould on them. no mushrooms. no vinegar. no fermented products (soy sauce etc). no bacon. obviously no fruit, no wheat products and no alcohol.
eat plenty of Eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, seafood, lamb, and veal. vegetables (except corn and potatoes). vegetables that inhibit the growth of CA are raw garlic, onions, cabbage, broccoli, turnip.
i ended up only taking these supps in the end, yeast-free multi-vitamin/minerals, 1000 milligrams vitamin C, three times a day and lactobacilus acidophilus tablets to increase intestinal bacteria.

you should consider not taking any birth control pills, antibiotics or any other hormone altering medication. there is a supplement called Candex i think that is supposed to be good, but i didn't take it. Nilstat did nothing for me. you do need to build up your immune system as CA weakens it. as the CA dies off, you will feel a bit crappy, headachey and weak, due to the toxin release.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 01:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.3/187.3/143.3 Female 170cm
BF:

Thanks for the post everyone. I am taking Zoloft (antidepressants which I am desperately trying to cut off) but I get quite dizzy and sick if I don't take them at all so I need to cut down slow....over a period of 3 months!! I am also taking Yasmin (contraceptive pill).