Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 00:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 148/141/135 Female 5'6"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%
Post Exercise Log for Blossom

I will start my exercise log officially tomorrow. I am just setting down the 'rules'.

I want to do a video called NAC workout. I have done it before and got results in a fairly short time. I liked it. The video is broke down into sections that are 7 minutes long. It is tough at first but gets easier. They have different people showing different levels of the exercise: beginners, medium, and advanced.

So tomorrow starts the exercise commitment... and the LOW CARB commitment begins again Its gonna be a good day

Blossom
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 21:29

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey Blossom!
I just wanted to see how the exercising is going! Being committed is a good thing!

Just out of curiousity, what kind of video is NAC? Is it aerobic or more weights or both??

Hope all is well!
Linda
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 23:54

Default NAC

NAC stands for National Aerobic Championships. The video is primarily aerobic...but very light aerobics I think. The exercises are interesting. They start with one exercise and add steps to it to make it more effective. I have never done any other so I honestly dont know the difference

I did my video last night (Tuesday) but I skipped the arms section. It has weights and I thought it wouldnt help too terribly much without them. And my arms arent my problem area...thats the thighs and buns area. I did legs, buns, chest and back (very little though! I am a weenie when it comes to push ups!), and abs. After I went thru one time then I rewound the tape and did the legs again. This morning my only ache is in my chest area... I dont use those muscles much!

I am skipping tonight because it has been a long day. But I am back at it tomorrow night

Blossom
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 00:22

Angry no exercise today either

I dont have the ambition tonight.
Will do it tomorrow
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 20:11

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%
Cool Hey Hey Hey!!!

WTG !!! Glad to see you doing the exercise bit... good job... Keep it up! And glad to see you have a gym log... great motivation! Love you girl... MOM

PS. Now to just follow my own advice and get back to my walking!!! Teehee...
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 23:31

Exclamation almost 6 months later

I am going to put down my PLAN for my workouts.
I got a Pilates tape and some yoga and of course my NAC tape. What I am planning on doing is reviewing all tapes and making my own plan. There are parts on all the tapes I really like. Some I just cant do yet but after doing the rest for a while I should be able to.

I just got laid off from work and although this isnt financially a good thing, it will be very helpful for my w/o's I most likely will not actually start the w/o's until tomorrow night, or the next one...but I have it wrote down now and that will help me actually do it. Besides, MY MOM exercises more than I do, probably has more muscles too!!

Wish me luck

Blossom
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 21:23

OK GIRL... you DID put it down in writing, so now what? Have you decided what or how for sure you are going to do it? As far as my having more muscles than you... well, IF I do, you could easily pass me up in no time...
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 21:29

Besides Lynn works out regularly... you don't want your sister to out do you, do you? Teehee...
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 01:15

Arrow I DID IT

First night:
I am such a weenie!
Did Denise Austin's mat work... for my 'stretching'
Then did the legs and buns part of the NAC.
I did a few stomach exercises from Callanetics also.

Well, I guess I didnt do TOO bad. I am really a weenie though... I was huffin and puffin... sweating like a little piggy What a mental picture I am sure that makes

So, tomorrow night I intend to do pretty much the same... except I am going to do the arms, chest and back section of the NAC and PM Yoga after Callanetics. The workout wasnt very long, I dont think these will add more than 20 minutes. Probably total of 50 minutes.

For those who do not know what the Mat Work is from Denise Austin...it is the beginning of her Pilates workout tape. Basic movements (some are real killers! told ya Im a weenie!) like stretching your legs, arms, sides. There are a few moves that really involve your abs.

The NAC is an awesome workout in my opinion. I followed it about 4 years ago and got great results. The legs consists of squats and a few aerobic type combinations. These can get your heart rate up a bit. For the buns there are more squats with focus on the gluts. There are exercises where you lift your leg behind you and out to the side a bit.... very beneficial.

And the Callanetics is a precision workout. You only more 1/16 of an inch for each exercise. For the stomach... I feel it targets better than regular crunches. I can actually feel what seems like the individual muscles getting worked.

So, when I walked up my stairs after working out... my legs were shaky. It'll hurt tomorrow.

Til then,
Blossom
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 01:36

Hey B... ya need to get you some glutamine powder... you'll be glad you did... It helps with the pain as well as helping those muscles, giving them what they need.

Sounds like you really did a w/o tonight. If it takes 50 minutes... that is good, even 20 minutes is good. As you get use to it you will build strength and endurance and then it won't take as long... well maybe... moving 1/16th of an inch... will take you forever! No just kidding. It sounds good to me...

You did wonderful... Mom is proud of you
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 16:46

Talking 1/16 of an inch

It may seem like a small amount, but believe me, it gets FAST results. I did Callanetics about 4 years ago with NAC and noticed a change after just 3 sessions of Callanetics. I do believe it works....they just look funny
Tonight I plan to be on task with my workouts. After the kids go to bed, and I do a little cleaning I will get to it. Til then, Blossom
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 02:05

Default Yesterdays exercise

Started with Denise Austin's Mat Work= 20 minutes

NAC legs, buns= 14 minutes

Callanetics= stomach #1, 25
stomach #2, 25/25

Didnt do the Yoga like I planned. Perhaps next time. I will do my workouts every other day until I get a little less weenie-ish.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 12:45

B-girl... you shouldn't feel like you are 'weenie-ish' at all! You haven't worked out for a long time and it will take time to build your strength & stamina... you are doing very well, and most important, you are doing it!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 00:12

Exclamation Let's Get Fit Together

I have been doing more exercise during the past week than I did when I started this gym log. And I havent recorded it... silly me.

Hmmm, there was a day.... OH, March 30:
Stationary bike: 30 minutes

April 4:
Stationary bike: 30 minutes. Took me 13 miles and I burned 662.6 calories. My speed was 25-30 mph (supposedly).
I also did level 1 of Denise Austin's Get Fit Fast video. UGH

April 5:
Stationary bike: 30 minutes. 12.36 miles. 621.2 calories burned. Speed 25-30 (mostly 25)

April 6(yet to happen):
*morining* Stationary bike: 30 minutes. 13 miles (perhaps more ) 600 plus calories burned. Speed 25-30 (mostly 30)
Want to do an exercise video also, but have to decide which one. And may have to do it after work hours because work starts earlier on Sundays for me.

Here goes NOTHING
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 23:06

Angry OKAY NOW

Well April 6th didnt happen...and here it is the 15th. I am just a lazy bum (right now I am a fairly sick bum , think my mom gave me some nasty icky germs).
SO.. Tomorrow is the 16th and I will do my 'April 6th' day and continue to continue on. Providing my mommy keeps her germies to herself

See you tomorrow
Blossom

PS Love you Ma

Last edited by blossom : Tue, Apr-15-03 at 23:15.